The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mail Postmark from Disney (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3031091)

boswellnakia 12-09-2012 09:31 AM

Mail Postmark from Disney
 
Is there anywhere on property that we could mail our Christmas cards to our friends where it would get a "special" Disney postmark? Or will it be a generic postmark cancellation like I would get from my local post office. If if would say something special, I would lug the cards on our Disney trip and have them mailed from Florida.

Thanks.

Missytara 12-09-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boswellnakia
Is there anywhere on property that we could mail our Christmas cards to our friends where it would get a "special" Disney postmark? Or will it be a generic postmark cancellation like I would get from my local post office. If if would say something special, I would lug the cards on our Disney trip and have them mailed from Florida.

Thanks.

The only place I know you can is at Castaway Cay, Disney's private island on the cruise line. I have done it a few times.

boswellnakia 12-09-2012 09:55 AM

We are going on the Fantasy on 12/15, but I doubt the cards would arrive from CastawayCay by Valentines Day.

Missytara 12-09-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boswellnakia
We are going on the Fantasy on 12/15, but I doubt the cards would arrive from CastawayCay by Valentines Day.

Huh? I thought you were sending xmas cards. I sent mine the week after Thanksgiving and they arrives well before the next year.

They stamp them at the "Post Office" with the Castaway Cay postmark and then when the ship leaves, they take them back to Florida for regular postal service.

boswellnakia 12-09-2012 11:58 AM

I am sending Christmas cards. But the last time I sent something from the Bahamas, it took several weekend to arrive in Kentucky. Are you saying that Castaway Cay mailings come back on the ship and get mailed from Florida instead of the Bahamas?

Missytara 12-10-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boswellnakia
I am sending Christmas cards. But the last time I sent something from the Bahamas, it took several weekend to arrive in Kentucky. Are you saying that Castaway Cay mailings come back on the ship and get mailed from Florida instead of the Bahamas?

I am pretty sure that is what I said, but if you want me to repeat it, I will. That is what I said.

boswellnakia 12-10-2012 07:52 PM

The one time that I sent myself a postcard from Castaway Cay, it took almost a month for the postcard to arrive back home. Sorry Missy that I asked for clarification. I guess the pony express has gotten quicker over the past few years.

disneylove69 12-10-2012 09:41 PM

From parks its stamped at local city post office. From castaway the post office on the island is a real post office.

luvlife 12-10-2012 11:53 PM

I don't think it's gotten any quicker, we mailed postcards on our trip in August from cc and they didn't arrive until 3 weeks after we came back

crazy4wdw 12-11-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boswellnakia (Post 46886713)
Is there anywhere on property that we could mail our Christmas cards to our friends where it would get a "special" Disney postmark? Or will it be a generic postmark cancellation like I would get from my local post office. If if would say something special, I would lug the cards on our Disney trip and have them mailed from Florida.

Thanks.

I think the answer is no. Years ago, there were mail boxes on Main Street USA and if you mailed items from there, the post mark was either "Walt Disney World" or "Lake Buena Vista" (maybe it was a combination of the two). But those mail boxes have long been gone. The last few times I've mailed postcards from WDW, they're postmarked "Orlando".


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.