The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Year of "Limited Time Magic" Preview: Dapper Dans, the original "Boy Band" (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030908)

Robo 12-08-2012 04:37 PM

The Year of "Limited Time Magic" Preview: Dapper Dans, the original "Boy Band"

HERE is a video preview of one of the "Limited Time Magic" events that will be popping up at the parks in 2013.

The MK's barbershop quartet, "Dapper Dans" sing a medley of contemporary Boy Band hits.

Whether that is "Magic" or not is in purely the eye (and ear) of the beholder. ;)

If you want to know more about this year-long promotion, click HERE.

Jennasis 12-08-2012 04:45 PM

Epic.

DRDISNEYMD 12-08-2012 04:52 PM

~It's magic...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo (Post 46883369)
HERE is a video preview of one of the "Limited Time Magic" events that will be popping up at the parks in 2013.

The MK's barbershop quartet, "Dapper Dans" sing a medley of contemporary Boy Band hits.

Whether that is "Magic" or not is in purely the eye (and ear) of the beholder.
;)

If you want to know more about this year-long promotion, click HERE.

:rotfl:~LOL. No autotune, just beautiful harmonious singing in a cappella is definitely "magic." Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

minnie mum 12-08-2012 05:53 PM

Oh, my. How....different.:scratchin I have to admit to chuckling when I heard that.

disneydreamgirl 12-08-2012 06:07 PM

Thanks for the link...that was terrific. Can't wait to sit and listen to them in early January. I'll never forget how great they were at MNSSHP...so talented!

PoohsFan1 12-08-2012 06:58 PM

Nothing like hearing Boy Band songs sung by The Dapper Dans :rotfl:. I loved it, thanks for sharing.

hidmickey:myantidrug 12-08-2012 07:20 PM

As someone who grew up during the 'original' coming of the boy bands as we know them today (backstreet boys, new kids in the block, etc.), hearing the dapper dans cover that kind of music is about as cool as it gets. It was far and away the "limited time magic" that I would have liked to see the most. Thanks for posting this video!

justakrazymom 12-08-2012 07:24 PM

EPIC isn't even big enough word for this.. love love love it!

Tomh 12-08-2012 08:18 PM

I gotta say, that is pretty cool. I love the Dapper Dans!

shalom 12-08-2012 08:33 PM

Loved it. Little worried there for a minute, since I am not a fan of Straight No Chaser's "Teen Sensation Medley," but I thought the Dapper Dan's choices and presentation worked great. :)

keypooh90 12-08-2012 09:02 PM

I loved it so much!

mstee777 12-08-2012 09:10 PM

That was awesome. I really liked it.

Starclassic 12-08-2012 11:56 PM

Love it!! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

kaligal 12-09-2012 02:35 AM

Hate it. I don't even like the idea of the Dapper Dans singing boy band songs. I will try to avoid seeing it in person.

I feel old saying it...but I am deeply saddened by the fact that people no longer appreciate a barbershop quartet...especially the Dapper Dans.

What the hell is wrong with "Lida Rose" and the people who don't appreciate it? :faint:

KuyaJeff 12-09-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaligal (Post 46885920)
I feel old saying it...but I am deeply saddened by the fact that people no longer appreciate a barbershop quartet...especially the Dapper Dans.

What the hell is wrong with "Lida Rose" and the people who don't appreciate it? :faint:

I can appreciate a barbershop quartet, especially the Dapper Dans! I think them singing boyband songs just shows them that they're very versatile with thier singing. I would think it was a challenge to "barber quartet"-up the songs they're doing. :thumbsup2

As for Lida Rose, it is a classic that I can respect. For all we know, it could have been the "boyband" interpretation of it's time. :rolleyes: