The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fastest way to mk from Movies? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030873)

MuseumMouse 12-08-2012 02:14 PM

Fastest way to mk from Movies?

Is it faster to drive to MK from All StarMovies or is it faster to take the bus?

jwag1579 12-08-2012 02:56 PM

we stayed at movies in sept. and found it faster to drive

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

BubMunkeyBles 12-08-2012 02:58 PM

I'll say bus since it goes straight there and no need for monorail or boat.

PrincessArlena'sDad 12-08-2012 03:09 PM

Bus. It'll drop you off right at MK.

If you drive, you have to park at TTC. Then, either a long walk (especially if it's later in the day) or tram ride to the monorail or the boat. Then, the monorail or the boat.

HOWEVER, both the monorail and boat rides are a great way to arrive at the MK, especially for the first time. Personally, I prefer the boat.

It's almost as if MK was designed for a boat arrival. ;)

DOOM1001 12-08-2012 05:03 PM

Bus,it takes you directly to the park bypassing the parking lot,tram,monorail or ferry.

Luvchefmic 12-08-2012 06:02 PM

well few things to think about definitely faster by bus as others have stated BUT if staying until park closing depending on amount of people exiting buses can take longer so many variables agree too that taking the car & then ferry with the castle coming into view is more magical

SarahKate 12-08-2012 06:23 PM

We always drive to the parks except for MK. After driving a few times we found it to be a pain because of the parking, tram, monorail, etc.

If you leave when everyone else leaves, it can make the bus inconvenient. But I'd suggest hanging back a bit and let the big droves of people get out. Or leave before the crowds do!

gojoe 12-08-2012 06:29 PM

No exaggeration

No exaggeration, it took us almost 2 hours to get back to Pop from the exit at Magic Kingdom. It was an hour before closing when we left. The line for the Monorail was to MK exit. We tried the ferry. Big mistake, takes forever, just over an hour to get across. Now we ran for the tram, next long walk to car. Then drive back to POP. Could not find a spot near our room. I had to park on the other side of the resort. Never will I drive if I'm staying on property.

robtra91 12-08-2012 07:41 PM

We always drive to the parks when we stay on property EXCEPT for Magic Kingdom. Way too long to take the boat or monorail. We always take the bus to Magic Kingdom even though I hate the buses at All-Stars because they are shared and get really crowded. We typically stay at POP, but we are trying Art of Animation this year. We now live 15 minutes from the parks, so we are only staying a couple of days on property.

Wendimn 12-08-2012 08:39 PM

I had no idea you can't just park at MK..you have to park one place and take different transportation to get there??

mesaboy2 12-08-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendimn
I had no idea you can't just park at MK..you have to park one place and take different transportation to get there??

Yes. The lot is across Seven Seas Lagoon from MK. Always been this way.

Wendimn 12-08-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaboy2 (Post 46884840)
Yes. The lot is across Seven Seas Lagoon from MK. Always been this way.

I didn't say it hadn't been that way...but did say I didn't know that. Not everyone has been to DW before.

kaligal 12-08-2012 09:45 PM

The bus will likely be the fastest way there.

If you leave when everyone else does, the car will likely be your fastest way out, but there is no quick way out of the MK when it closes.

mesaboy2 12-08-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendimn

I didn't say it hadn't been that way...but did say I didn't know that. Not everyone has been to DW before.

Sigh. Maybe I'll just type the bare minimum necessary in the future to answer questions. That way my responses can be viewed as terse and get someone else annoyed with me.

TunaSled 12-08-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaboy2 (Post 46885179)
Sigh. Maybe I'll just type the bare minimum necessary in the future to answer questions. That way my responses can be viewed as terse and get someone else annoyed with me.

I understood ya just fine, MB2. Keep on truckin'.