The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Dream vs. Fantasy questions (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030554)

disneybeachprincess 12-07-2012 02:19 PM

Dream vs. Fantasy questions

What is different about these 2 ships? What changes did Disney make? The Animators Palate is different from what I have heard...in what way? It's my favorite restaurant!

I have been on the Dream & have a 2014 ressie for the Fantasy. TIA :flower3:

kcashner 12-07-2012 02:57 PM

The Fantasy has 2 shows in Animator's--the Crush show that is on the Dream and an animation show. Satellite Falls is an adult area where you can lounge in or out of the water. The Europa nightclub area is a lot better than on the Dream in terms of decor, etc.

Some of the bigger items we were hoping to be changed were not....

STLEdge 12-07-2012 03:11 PM

The Fantasy has an additional kids' play water area on Deck 11 called the Aqua Lab which features various holes in the floor and walls from which water sprays out. The Fantasy also includes a third Mickey Detective Agency game based on the Muppets that has some unique areas on the ship that you'll visit.

And obviously the biggest difference right now is the itineraries - the Fantasy is only doing 7 day cruises and the Dream rotates between 3 and 4 days.

conan979 12-07-2012 03:31 PM

There are also many more charater activities in the Oceaneer Lab/Club on a Fantasy cruise. Our kids are 6 and 9 and went several times a day to see their fav characters...Mickey, Minnie and the classics, plus Jake Neverland Pirate, Talking with Crush, Einsteins. Basically, if you're kids like every character from Disney Jr, theres a good chance they can interact with them on the Fantasy. With the dream only 4 or 5 days, they limit the number of character activities.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY 12-07-2012 04:38 PM

There is also a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique onboard that "transforms" into The Pirate's League on Pirate night.

neg58 12-07-2012 04:55 PM

I heard from several of the crew on the Dream that the Fantasy has design changes you wouldn't really notice, such as the way people are directed through areas. They studied the problem areas for congestion on the Dream and improved them with little things like a wider opening or a narrower one.

Don't know if it is true or not!

Nancy

gometros 12-08-2012 02:30 PM

There's another thread about the differences. I had made a chart a while ago, showing the differences:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...rEnI2pmj0/edit

AladdinsPrincess 12-08-2012 03:33 PM

We did both this year and I think the Fantasy was much, much better. We're adults without kids so the additional water feature for adults on the bow was a benefit for us and the champagne bar was also much bigger and nicer. I also just feel like the Dream is noisier but that could be more about where our cabins were. I don't know exactly what it is but I prefer the Fantasy!

matrixband 12-08-2012 03:45 PM

The ships are almost identical. I personally liked the decor slightly better on the Dream--art deco. The Fantasy would be better decor wise if you like the princess theme. The inside adult areas are different, I cannot say one was better, I did not like the center bar areas though. The sports bar and pub on both were nice. The adult upper decks and water areas and shaded areas on the Fantasy make a positive difference.

Overall, I Liked the Fantasy better, here is why:

Dream=short cruise, Fantasy=seven day cruise
Fantasy, way better water features and upper deck adult area. The Aqualab was a nice wet diversion for kids and adults.
Dream=slightly more stressed clientele due to shorter cruise, (slightly rowdier crowd too).
Fantasy has a better itinerary, more exotic locations. Nassau is blah.
Cannot go wrong with either. Decide on the best itinerary, and length of cruise for you.

disneybeachprincess 12-08-2012 04:24 PM

Thanks everyone! I cannot wait to sail on the Fantasy & now I am even more excited :cool1: Yes 7 days is always better than 3 or 4...my Dream cruise was a 5 day double dip so I loved that :thanks:

:santa: Happy Holidays!