The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cost of Merida dress in parks (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030433)

DaniH 12-07-2012 10:07 AM

Cost of Merida dress in parks

Does anyone know how much the Merida dress is costing at the parks right now? My Daughter wants the dark one and we are going to be there in 1 week. The Disney Store has it for $35 right now so I was thinking I might get it and just hide it until we get there rather than pay the full park price.

serene56 12-07-2012 11:15 AM

I would pick it up from the disney store-- suppose you get to disney and they are out of what she wanted-- or didnt have the right size.

at least you know ahead of time

DisneyB 12-07-2012 11:27 AM

We were there in July and I want to say it was in the neighborhood of $65. We bought it ahead of time from the Disney store and saved $20 or so. Definitely get it ahead of time if you can.

Gorechick 12-07-2012 12:20 PM

The park dresses are about $65.

mm1971 12-07-2012 12:25 PM

The dresses are more expensive than that at Disney from what I remember. I would buy it at the Disney Store as they can sell out of certain sizes at busy times.

Our DD used to love to wear her dresses for the trip down. She always got a little extra attention and looked beautiful for the trip.

Have fun!

BubMunkeyBles 12-07-2012 12:32 PM

Definitely cheaper to buy online. The ones at Disney cost a fair amount more.

DisneyMomma81 12-07-2012 12:41 PM

Check out my posts *here* and *here*

arcurioa 12-07-2012 04:30 PM

My daughter used her Disney $ to buy the Merida dress this summer- like others said it was 64.50 +tax. This particular one is exactly the same as the one at the Disney Store( which has not always been the same in the past). So save some $ and buy it ahead of time, especially if it is on sale.

mmouse50 12-07-2012 07:34 PM

Just a word of warning,on Tuesday, 12/4 the only one that I saw from the Disney store was a size 2/3. I needed a 10/12.

I called Disney park merchandising and told them that although I was going to be in Florida beginning tomorrow, Saturday, 12/8 I would like to purchase it - its a Christmas present.

Disney Park Merchandising told me that they didn't have that size at all in Florida and are shipping it from California. The cost for the dress was around 65.00.

Here is the info for Merchandising

To set the search wheels in motion, contact Mail Order at:

Telephone:

877-560-6477 (toll Free)

Fax:

407-352-6369

Email:

wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com

mattsdragon 12-07-2012 10:49 PM

$65, and believe me, we found out the hard way. They didn't do Merida at BBB and my daughter was not pleased, until she got her magic wand, then she "Blibbity Blobbity Blooed" everyone she saw as Ariel and forgot Merida.

Until we got home.

Santa is bring her the bow and arrow for Christmas.

LMN 12-08-2012 03:15 PM

not sure, but I saw the Jasmine dress at MK last week and was shocked at the $65 price tag. Amazed that they are able to sell them for that price! If you have the chance to get it cheaper at the Disney store, I would go that route in a heartbeat!

DaniH 12-08-2012 09:01 PM

Well, our store was out of her size in Merida & Snow White (her second choice). Since she always says that tulle is too itchy I decided it was sign & bought her the multi-princess fancy nightgown instead. It looks like Cinderellas mouse-made gown. I figure she can where that in the park and it won't be to hot with clothes under it. If she wants it off we don't have to haul a big, fluffy dress around with us all day. Anyway, the nightgown was only $20 and if she falls asleep in it I don't have to try get it off her.:)