The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Disappointed (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030353)

chloelovesdisney 12-07-2012 01:54 AM

Disappointed

Sounds like someone here got caught being a faker after much concern and support from the board. I find this very disappointing. Yes, I know this happens on the internet, it's still disappointing to me that anyone would think to do this. Oh well.

On a different note, how is everyone doing with their present shopping and holiday preparations? I've barely started and need to get a quick jumpstart.

kate_wdw 12-07-2012 02:04 AM

Well, it could be useful to the OP that the thread contained a lot of information about personality disorders.

I can't wait until there is more research out on what makes trolls tick.

ETA: To answer your question about holiday preparation, I am not even close to being ready.

mfd25wife 12-07-2012 02:17 AM

Apparently, I was late to the game and have no idea what happened.

As for Christmas preparations, I'm nowhere close to being ready. :sad1:

beaucoup 12-07-2012 02:27 AM

Mods must have mad detective skills or something. Only thing I can think of is maybe the IP address never moved to Canada from where it originally posted? Or they were able to match it with IP address they were using under original name? Something like that. I don't have made detective skills. Took a long time though.

As for Christmas, we don't buy any gifts for others or for ourselves. But I did complete our yearly charity donations today. Easier than holiday shopping, finding parking, or trying to make someone happy with a gift. Charities appreciate the donations & that makes me happy too. :goodvibes I do still need to do our Christmas cards & put up the tree though.

momrek06 12-07-2012 02:29 AM

So many of us fooled. So many of us leading our support and good wishes.

Why what's the point of posting a thread like that? Gawd. :stir:

Messed up.

As far as Christmas, I am making a solid dent. Decorations are all up. Gifts are mostly bought. Wrapping needs to start. :goodvibes

cornflake 12-07-2012 02:38 AM

I admit I'd wondered about that thread from the very beginning - just smelled off. Too many pat cliche details or something.

Picked up a really good bargain I wasn't expecting to find for someone yesterday - and in the same place found something I wasn't looking for, kind of expensive for what it is, but so charming I couldn't pass it up for the same gift group. So I think I came out even there, heh.

muffyn 12-07-2012 02:52 AM

is there more to the "catch" than a remark at the end of a closed thread?

if this person was a sham,, wow what a good tale spinner.

we once ran into a person who was a very good liar........ sold a friend a horse (across country) & it arrived wrong breed & spray painted!!:scared1:
she spun a tale of Oh, I'll send you complementing halter/blanket, yada yada, it was a nightmare..

usnuzuloose 12-07-2012 03:11 AM

It is heart breaking to know people do these things. People won't want to respond to someone who really is in need of people of just listening to them, because you don't know if they are being truthful.

I am glad it was caught before it could any further.

I am no where near ready for christmas. I am not even doing my normal baking for people. Hope they won't be to dissapointed. I have only purchased one gift for my family.

NHdisneylover 12-07-2012 03:45 AM

That thread felt off to me from the beginning--which is why never posted on it. I popped in from time to time though and she was awfully good at being consistent--I wonder what made the mods decide for sure it was fake?:confused3

For Christmas shopping, I am good except for a big gift for DS. OMG I have never struggled like this--there s really nothing he seems to want. His 14th birthday is 3 days before Christmas and I struggled to come up with that gift and am still wondering what to get him for under the tree.

It was so easy when the kids were little, I sort of miss those days:rolleyes1

HelenePA 12-07-2012 03:48 AM

sounded off to me too. :sad2:

As for christmas I just ordered the girls "big gifts" about an hour ago. No clue what my older sons bigger gift will be yet.. the younger one is still into toys so he's easy :thumbsup2

usnuzuloose 12-07-2012 03:57 AM

Sad to say I will skip those posts.

zurgswife 12-07-2012 04:09 AM

So, many were taken in...truly very sad and disappointing.

On another hand the OP was a good story writer..

Albort 12-07-2012 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaucoup (Post 46873338)
Mods must have mad detective skills or something. Only thing I can think of is maybe the IP address never moved to Canada from where it originally posted? Or they were able to match it with IP address they were using under original name? Something like that. I don't have made detective skills. Took a long time though.

im curious too but matching IP isnt a good evidence... it can be faked... my current IP is masked to so other company, i can change locations to Texas or even France... Im hopin they did find something else...

mrsksomeday 12-07-2012 05:09 AM

You would think they would have some type of evidence to close the thread, I wonder what it was?

Ember 12-07-2012 05:43 AM

I hope things like this don't stop people from lending an ear when someone seeks support. :sad1: When my mum was dying, I found a lot of comfort here. Life got so overwhelming, and it helped...

I do hope there was solid evidence of not being truthful. I would hate to think of someone being accused when they weren't lying.

Anyway, I'm putting up the tree this weekend! It's a bit hard to get into the Christmas spirit here. It's the middle of summer here in Australia, and I'm used to my white Canadian holidays. But, that said, I am so grateful for the experience of being here, even if Christmas feels odd! :)