The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Don't wait! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030351)

MrStayPuft 12-07-2012 12:23 AM

Don't wait!
 
I've read through several threads where posters make a comment and then say "I would've mentioned it but..." As a CM, my biggest piece of advice is...DON'T WAIT! If there is a problem, bad pretzel, smelly area, rude CM - find a manager and tell them. It WILL get rectified because chances are someone else has the same problem. While we try and do everything to make your visits as magical as possible, WDW is still run by human beings and sometimes stuff slips through the cracks. Please tell us so we can correct it as soon as possible.

PS You will not find "Alvin" at WDW

PPS The parking trams will NOT take you to Universal Studios or Sea World, no matter how long you ride them.:rotfl2:

chloelovesdisney 12-07-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft (Post 46873251)
I've read through several threads where posters make a comment and then say "I would've mentioned it but..." As a CM, my biggest piece of advice is...DON'T WAIT! If there is a problem, bad pretzel, smelly area, rude CM - find a manager and tell them. It WILL get rectified because chances are someone else has the same problem. While we try and do everything to make your visits as magical as possible, WDW is still run by human beings and sometimes stuff slips through the cracks. Please tell us so we can correct it as soon as possible.

PS You will not find "Alvin" at WDW

PPS The parking trams will NOT take you to Universal Studios or Sea World, no matter how long you ride them.:rotfl2:

Sound advice. :thumbsup2

Kaspar Houser 12-07-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft (Post 46873251)
I've read through several threads where posters make a comment and then say "I would've mentioned it but..." As a CM, my biggest piece of advice is...DON'T WAIT! If there is a problem, bad pretzel, smelly area, rude CM - find a manager and tell them. It WILL get rectified because chances are someone else has the same problem. While we try and do everything to make your visits as magical as possible, WDW is still run by human beings and sometimes stuff slips through the cracks. Please tell us so we can correct it as soon as possible.

PS You will not find "Alvin" at WDW

PPS The parking trams will NOT take you to Universal Studios or Sea World, no matter how long you ride them.:rotfl2:

Maybe is counting to hundred and think first a better plan? :thumbsup2
If you still angry after that than you can file a complaint. :banana:

MADnNOLA 12-07-2012 08:24 AM

Great Advice, but not just in WDW, but everywhere! ::yes::

I work for a New Orleans restauranteur, and we get complaints posted to sites like Travelweb, Urban Spoon, and Yelp. Complaints that were never heard by managers in the restaurants.

The only way a service establishment, be it a restaurant, retail establishment, etc, to correct a problem is to know about it right away. Many times, problems or misunderstandings can be fixed right away, and the guest leaves with a much more satisfying experience.

This will not only prevent any future problems, but also lets the guest know we are willing to make things right. Complaints after the fact solve nothing and leaves a guest with a bad impression of a company/establishment.

Speak up people! Providing a service is the business and they need to know if they aren't doing it right! :yay:

WDSearcher 12-07-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaspar Houser (Post 46873322)
Maybe is counting to hundred and think first a better plan? :thumbsup2
If you still angry after that than you can file a complaint. :banana:

Well ... I think the assumption here is that when you do complain, you do it nicely. But yes ... taking a breath and at least counting to ten first would be a good thing too.

Most of the stuff the OP mentioned -- smelly area, bad pretzel, etc. -- are minor annoyances that shouldn't create volumes of anger. Hopefully no one is getting incensed about a pretzel.

:earsboy:

LSUfan4444 12-07-2012 08:36 AM

If you have had a good experience, tell your friends. if you have had a bad experience, tell an employee.

Obviously, you do not need to see a manager or employee for every little unsettling issue, but for the things that need immediate attention you need to find someone who can handle it. Sometimes, it might be the closest employee, some times it might require a manager or supervisor's attention.

You don't need a manager to pick up a banana peel off the ground or a stale piece of bread, you do need a manger for a rude employee. Never let a bad experience go without mention to an employee.

LSUfan4444 12-07-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDSearcher (Post 46874601)
Well ... I think the assumption here is that when you do complain, you do it nicely. But yes ... taking a breath and at least counting to ten first would be a good thing too.

Most of the stuff the OP mentioned -- smelly area, bad pretzel, etc. -- are minor annoyances that shouldn't create volumes of anger. Hopefully no one is getting incensed about a pretzel.

:earsboy:

I think what most people fail to realize is that bringing up issues that arise can be done without complaining quiter frequently if done in an appropriate time frame.

If you wait until you get your check to tell your server you didn't like your salad, your soup wasn't hot, your steak was overcooked and your wine was bad, thats complaining. If you tell your server you don't like your salad, you'll either get another salad you do like or it will be taken away at no charge and so on.

Stinky cans happen, trash on the ground happpens, yes even insects and rodents happen, but alot of people keep so much in by the time they want to say something, it will come off as complaining.

TXPyroMom 12-07-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft (Post 46873251)
PPS The parking trams will NOT take you to Universal Studios or Sea World, no matter how long you ride them.:rotfl2:

Why would I take the tram when the monorail will get me there so much faster? :rotfl:

Kaspar Houser 12-07-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDSearcher (Post 46874601)
Well ... I think the assumption here is that when you do complain, you do it nicely. But yes ... taking a breath and at least counting to ten first would be a good thing too.

Most of the stuff the OP mentioned -- smelly area, bad pretzel, etc. -- are minor annoyances that shouldn't create volumes of anger. Hopefully no one is getting incensed about a pretzel.

:earsboy:

I just put myself in the shoes of the person I could have a complaint about and think: what if the was me?
Obviously gazillions of people lead a perfect life and never ever make a mistake.
At their work they are perfect angels that spread only wonders,flowers and perfume.
They never in their whole life had problems whit a costumer.
Well I'm far from perfect and if I meet a CM with problems I shrug my shoulders,give the CM a smile and tell him that I admire his patient dealing with all those perfect people. :thumbsup2

Kaspar Houser 12-07-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 (Post 46874655)
I think what most people fail to realize is that bringing up issues that arise can be done without complaining quiter frequently if done in an appropriate time frame.

If you wait until you get your check to tell your server you didn't like your salad, your soup wasn't hot, your steak was overcooked and your wine was bad, thats complaining. If you tell your server you don't like your salad, you'll either get another salad you do like or it will be taken away at no charge and so on.

Stinky cans happen, trash on the ground happpens, yes even insects and rodents happen, but alot of people keep so much in by the time they want to say something, it will come off as complaining.

There was a threat here on the boards that was removed so I will not refer to the subject. It was a terrible complaint and many false acquisitions were made.
99% Of the complains are either a lie or an attempt to milk the Disney cow for free money or free stuff.

LSUfan4444 12-07-2012 11:20 AM

Not directed at you, but sorry, I don't believe anyone who claims that 99% of customer complaints are made up. I am sure there are quite a few, and even more are embelished, but customer complaints/concerns are part of the service industry.

You are there to serve the customer and addressing their needs and concerns is your job. I am sure if you ask anyone of any authroity at WDW, they would say just the same. Bring concerns to the attention of a cast member as soon as they become a concern. They are much easier to address, fix, and/or resolve when something can still be done about it.

WDSearcher 12-07-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaspar Houser (Post 46875415)
I just put myself in the shoes of the person I could have a complaint about and think: what if the was me?
Obviously gazillions of people lead a perfect life and never ever make a mistake.
At their work they are perfect angels that spread only wonders,flowers and perfume.
They never in their whole life had problems whit a costumer.
Well I'm far from perfect and if I meet a CM with problems I shrug my shoulders,give the CM a smile and tell him that I admire his patient dealing with all those perfect people. :thumbsup2

What do you do that you have problems with your "costumer"? :rotfl:

(I know you meant "customer", but it just made me laugh!)

:earsboy:

WDSearcher 12-07-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaspar Houser (Post 46875487)
There was a threat here on the boards that was removed so I will not refer to the subject. It was a terrible complaint and many false acquisitions were made.
99% Of the complains are either a lie or an attempt to milk the Disney cow for free money or free stuff.

I would love to know where you got that statistic. Could you point me toward the source? (Serious request ... not being nasty. I work in customer service, and I'm always interested in articles, blogs, etc. that have some kind of research backing them up, since most don't.)

:earsboy:

leeg229 12-07-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft (Post 46873251)
PS You will not find "Alvin" at WDW

PPS The parking trams will NOT take you to Universal Studios or Sea World, no matter how long you ride them.:rotfl2:

You forgot to mention that the 3 o'clock parade starts at 3 o'clock and that Harry Potter is at UNIVERSAL Studios not HOLLYWOOD studios.

The first time I got asked these questions as a CP I was so shocked I could barely answer. :lmao:

Kaspar Houser 12-07-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDSearcher (Post 46876060)
What do you do that you have problems with your "costumer"? :rotfl:

(I know you meant "customer", but it just made me laugh!)

:earsboy:


:lmao: Different countries,different languages. :thumbsup2
Its almost midnight,snowing and 16 degrees below zero in my country. Hope you have sunshine.:goodvibes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.