The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Chef Mickey's or Cape May Cafe breakfast (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030330)

chloelovesdisney 12-06-2012 10:38 PM

Chef Mickey's or Cape May Cafe breakfast
 
Right now we have adrs at both Chef Mickey's and Cape May for breakfast. My family is likely to only want to do one. Which would you recommend?

We have only been to Chef Mickey's for dinner (great character interaction, eh food) and have never been to Cape May.

Thanks for your opinion! :santa:

lbudav 12-06-2012 10:54 PM

Cape May
 
We went to Cape May again for breakfast in Sept and loved it! Food was very good and there was a lot of interaction with the characters. The kids wanted to go back every morning. :yay:

MrStayPuft 12-07-2012 12:09 AM

While Cape May is good, Chef Mickey's hands down. You won't be disappointed.

chloelovesdisney 12-07-2012 12:20 AM

It's a tie. :rotfl: I will check back tomorrow for the tie breaking vote, lol.

Thank you!

ckquan 12-07-2012 01:48 AM

I vote for Cape May. I have been there for both breakfast and dinner. There is a good variety of food for both breakfast and dinner. Great character interaction. I remember one time when Chip and Dale played hide and seek with my girlfriend's daughter. They didn't have to spend so much time with her but because she was responding to their goofiness, they played with her for a good 5 minutes. It was a very magical moment for her and all of us.

kpapiezjhbk7211 12-07-2012 02:39 AM

I vote chef mickeys. We were there last week and did a character meal everyday. Out of 7 meals - chef mickeys breakfast was the best hands down. I wish we would've eaten there more than once.

AlohaAnnie 12-07-2012 06:25 AM

Cape May Cafe, we love the area, the character, the service, and food is fresh & good.

We also like Chef Mickey's but if I had to chose between the two, I would pick Cape May first.

Mousemommy1 12-07-2012 06:35 AM

Have never done Cape May but we have given Chef Mickey's 3 shots and they are OUT!! :scared:

Yuck, yuck, yuck. We have experienced dirty silverware/plates on 2/3 occasions (and by dirty, I mean a brownie rolled up in a napkin with the silverware?!?!)

The buffet area is always a mess, and very unappetizing.

The food temperatures have been way off with hot foods being cold and vice versa.

And finally, all three times we have found that a lot of patrons at Chef Mickeys do not feel the need to wait at their table for the characters to come to them, rather, they will get up and get in the middle of other people's interactions. Just plain rude.

After three tries, they have struck out. Even my 6 and 8 year old think the place is the pits. :sad2:

Pixiedust34 12-07-2012 06:56 AM

I like Cape May better, but transportation is something to consider. Are you staying at the Boardwalk area and/or have a car to get to Cape May? If not, a taxi is a lot faster than a bus to Studios and a boat to Cape May. What are your plans for the rest of the day, Studios or Epcot? Or are you heading to the Magic Kingdom?

I'd lean toward Cape May if possible, but would consider the ease of transportation and the plans of that day too to decide which is a good fit.

chloelovesdisney 12-07-2012 10:43 AM

We're staying at the Beach Club and plan to go to Epcot that day.

AlohaAnnie 12-07-2012 11:21 AM

chloelovesdisney - love your bullies, they are so cute. My good friend has a bulldog named sophie. She is the cutest girl and she has such personality.

Pixiedust34 12-07-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney (Post 46875505)
We're staying at the Beach Club and plan to go to Epcot that day.

In that case, I'd do Cape May for sure! It's the meal I prefer anyway, and much more convenient to do location-wise.

Masonmj84 12-07-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 (Post 46875916)
In that case, I'd do Cape May for sure! It's the meal I prefer anyway, and much more convenient to do location-wise.

Ditto!

If you're staying at BC, Cape May is a virtual must do.

Wood Nymph 12-07-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney (Post 46875505)
We're staying at the Beach Club and plan to go to Epcot that day.

Then Cape May wins. :goodvibes We've eaten the character breakfast many times, and it is always good. It would be very inconvenient to go to Cafe Mickey's on a day you were doing Epcot. :confused3

You can't lose with Cape May. :)

goofyintoronto 12-07-2012 04:39 PM

Totally agree about chef mickeys. Its not the greatest buffet. I was quite disappointed in the food. Never again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
Have never done Cape May but we have given Chef Mickey's 3 shots and they are OUT!! :scared:

Yuck, yuck, yuck. We have experienced dirty silverware/plates on 2/3 occasions (and by dirty, I mean a brownie rolled up in a napkin with the silverware?!?!)

The buffet area is always a mess, and very unappetizing.

The food temperatures have been way off with hot foods being cold and vice versa.

And finally, all three times we have found that a lot of patrons at Chef Mickeys do not feel the need to wait at their table for the characters to come to them, rather, they will get up and get in the middle of other people's interactions. Just plain rude.

After three tries, they have struck out. Even my 6 and 8 year old think the place is the pits. :sad2:


For sure you have to do Cape May then!
Quote:

Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney
We're staying at the Beach Club and plan to go to Epcot that day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixiedust34

In that case, I'd do Cape May for sure! It's the meal I prefer anyway, and much more convenient to do location-wise.

We love the food and atmosphere at cape May. Love thats its quiet too! Its one of our faves.

Sent from my Galaxy SII


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.