The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   DVC Member Services (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Anyone else buy disney gift card $10 off $50 to pay dues (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030328)

yeahdisney 12-06-2012 10:31 PM

Anyone else buy disney gift card $10 off $50 to pay dues

At Target I used two coupons earning $10 gift cards for spending $50. Used one gift card on the second transaction had additional 5% off prescription fill bonus and 5% red debit card. I pay thru the phone it will take a few minutes longer but it will save almost a whole meal cost during our next Disney vacation.

islandtimect 12-07-2012 10:46 AM

There's a whole thread on being able to print as many of the $10 coupons on the Budget Board, with a link to a pdf file with the coupons. I used 3 in one transaction yesterday and am going back today and tomorrow with another 12. I plan to also use them to pay my MFs too. I've seen a thread on how to combine your Disney gift cards to pay MFs Budget Board thread on Gift Cards. I also caled MS and the CM told me you can pay MFs over the phone using as many gift cards as you like. If anyone else was told that there's a limit, please let us know!

MouseMomx2 12-07-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahdisney (Post 46872845)
At Target I used two coupons earning $10 gift cards for spending $50. Used one gift card on the second transaction had additional 5% off prescription fill bonus and 5% red debit card. I pay thru the phone it will take a few minutes longer but it will save almost a whole meal cost during our next Disney vacation.

Just curious...why not just save the gift card to use for the meal at WDW?

Rob S. 12-07-2012 05:37 PM

I would love to pay my dues with gift cards as I also purchase gift cards at Target and double up on the 5% discounts (9.75% total discount).

The problem is that I can only find $50 gift cards at Target and I would need to buy over 100 of them :sad2:

I guess I'll continue with the monthly debits...

jekjones1558 12-07-2012 07:26 PM

Are you saying that purchase of Disney gift cards is eligible for the $10 Target gift card free with $50 purchase? I thought that the fine print excluded gift cards from the $50 to qualify for the $10 bonus?

islandtimect 12-07-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jekjones1558 (Post 46878652)
Are you saying that purchase of Disney gift cards is eligible for the $10 Target gift card free with $50 purchase? I thought that the fine print excluded gift cards from the $50 to qualify for the $10 bonus?

It can't be used on Target gift cards, but can on Disney. I bought $800 worth for $618 today.

jekjones1558 12-07-2012 07:41 PM

Wow. Guess I will be heading to Target.

DisFanatic 12-07-2012 08:20 PM

I used 12 of the coupons to buy 12 $50 gift cards, which in turn gave me $120 in target gift cards which I used to buy $100 more of Disney gift cards. The last $100 in Disney gift cards w/ coupon earned me $20 more in target coupons, leaving me with $40 in target coupons... I paid $10 oop with the $40 for one more $50 Disney card and earned another $10 that i used for some groceries.... Planning on using them to pay annual dues... Great savings,

starry_solo 12-07-2012 08:46 PM

FYI, all gift cards at Target (except their own branded GiftCard or Gift Card [note the capital letters]) are classified as "entertainment" cards. That's how come the coupons for $10 free Target Gift Card can be used.

jjwelch24 12-07-2012 08:54 PM

Where do you get these coupons for the free Target gift cards?

johde 12-07-2012 10:03 PM

I hadn't noticed this deal and purchased $150 worth of gift cards for my vacation at krogers with 4x fuel points. I'm looking at going tomorrow to buy gift cards to pay my annual dues for next year. I'll buy $250 worth of Target Gift Cards at Krogers to get the fuel points before using them to buy Disney Gift Cards to pay my Annual Dues. I'm going to be at Disney right after the New Year. Can I pay my dues in person at SSR and if so, what times are they open? Right now, I have a waterpark DD day and I can take the boat from OKW to SSR instead of reading the cards over the phone.

tb1972 12-07-2012 10:27 PM

Target allows you to use multiple coupons for one transaction? Or do you make multiple trips to Target?

kyle051777 12-07-2012 10:42 PM

I would also like to know where to get these coupons.

Song of the South 12-07-2012 11:31 PM

Yes!

We bought some tonight and will go get more tomorrow morning. The Target website, facebook, or over on the Budget Board here on the Dis are all locations for the coupon.

We were not allowed to use a coupon when paying with the free gift cards like a previous poster but that is okay. We got $1,100 "worth" of Disney cards for $864. That's a 20%+ savings!

Oh, and if you pay with a redcard you get 5% off of the $40 value ($50 card - $10 free card) so it comes to $48. We were expecting $47.50 but I will gladly pay .50 to get $10. :thumbsup2

You can condense the $50 gift cards into higher denominations at your local Disney Store. It takes a while and is a little bit of a hassle (each card has to be rung as a seperate transaction and such!) but might be worth it if you are going to pay your dues over the phone.

Is it possible to pay dues in person anywhere at WDW? That would be great!

:santa:
SotS

yeahdisney 12-08-2012 08:33 AM

My store last year did allow multiple purchases of the gift card at one time and I paid cash. This year I was using their red store card and DH was with me; the fine print says something like one coupon per person. I did not want the store to be able to track me thus getting their employee in trouble if I ran 16 cards through receiving $160 target gift cards. I had the bonus 5% off so I went with that, the $20 extra was a bonus. Now I was really hoping I would get $10/80 that some others were receiving that printed at the registers, then I would of made different multiple purchases using that coupon without the first website coupon offer restriction.
I knew this discussion was on the budget board but I know some people don't visit all the boards so I wanted to share with the planners too.
MouseMomx2. We are planning on using visa rewards to pay for our meals, I don't think I will need more gift cards then the rewards points. I need to continue to save for meals on an different island.