The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can the Royal Rooms at POR sleep 5? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030277)

melser13 12-06-2012 08:05 PM

Can the Royal Rooms at POR sleep 5?

2 adults and 3 kids... (9, 7, and barely 3)

We are finding it more difficult this time to stay at hotels. One of our fave - WL - is impossible without going deluxe because our youngest will just be 3 when we go.

Thanks!

rcraw45425 12-06-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melser13

We are finding it more difficult this time to stay at hotels. One of our fave - WL - is impossible without going deluxe because our youngest will just be 3 when we go.

Thanks!

Only moderate that they will allow you to nook fur to your youngest s age is Alligator Bayou section of Riverside.

mad madam mim78 12-06-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melser13 (Post 46871888)

Thanks!

No they won't put 5 in a royal room. The rooms for five are in alligator bayou if I'm not mistaken.

akl-fan 12-07-2012 03:56 PM

You could also try a cabin at Fort wilderness. They sleep six. They have a full kitchen which is great for breakfast and lunches - this can save loads of cash. The FW cabins also have a boat to MK and have similar theme to WL.

NJRRK 12-07-2012 04:01 PM

There words - Contemporary Garden Wing.
Best value on the monorail.

nkereina 12-07-2012 06:06 PM

As others have said, only the AB side of POR holds 5 and unfortunately the royal rooms are on the opposite side. Frankly, the Royal Rooms aren't in the best location and the refurbished AB rooms are gorgeous so I would still pick POR!

Deb & Bill 12-07-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJRRK (Post 46877538)
There words - Contemporary Garden Wing.
Best value on the monorail.

Totally agree. You can walk to the MK. You can ride the monorail to Epcot or the MK. Rooms are very large with two queens and a day bed. Plus they usually don't cost as much as the Contemporary Tower rooms.

snykymom 12-08-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 46878363)
Totally agree. You can walk to the MK. You can ride the monorail to Epcot or the MK. Rooms are very large with two queens and a day bed. Plus they usually don't cost as much as the Contemporary Tower rooms.

They still cost a heck of a lot more than POR rooms (for my dates, they're more than double). That doesn't help people who want to stay at a mod.

rcraw45425 12-08-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snykymom
They still cost a heck of a lot more than POR rooms (for my dates, they're more than double). That doesn't help people who want to stay at a mod.

It was just a suggestion, and I agree with others. CR GW rooms are far superior to any room in a moderate. More square footage, added daybed, more TS dining options when factoring in the monorail, ability to walk to the Magic kingdom. Inside corridors, room service..... Face it, having a family of five does limit your options . The only moderate that will accommodate five legally is the Alligator Bayou section of Riverside. Not meaning this snarkily, just an observation.

Lizzybean 12-08-2012 07:55 PM

We did the cabins over the summer and are staying in AB at POR next month. We loved the cabins but I think after this Jan trip we are going to try CR.

rcraw45425 12-08-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzybean
We did the cabins over the summer and are staying in AB at POR next month. We loved the cabins but I think after this Jan trip we are going to try CR.

How did you like the cabins? We had friends that styled there but it was like fifteen years ago or more. We're a family of four so never had to pursue other options. Usually stay deluxe, with exception of one POFQ stay and misc. first night late arrivals at values or CSR. Our upcoming trip next month I booked two pool view rooms at AKL thanks to a great discount. This allows our two teenaged girls to have their own room and bath and also bring a friend of theirs.

melser13 12-08-2012 10:04 PM

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info. Right now we are staying at the Poly for half of our trip and then switching because another family is joining us. They don't want to spend the money for deluxe, which is fine, but we were trying to stay at the same hotel. We have annual passes, so that discount usually helps us. We've considered renting DVC, but they aren't 100% sure on the trip until a few months from now and if they aren't going we will just stay Poly the entire time since it is our celebration/anniversary trip.

Thanks again for the info... kind of bummed about the Royal rooms...makes me want to try for a trip prior to our baby turning 3 in May! lol

Lizzybean 12-08-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcraw45425

How did you like the cabins? We had friends that styled there but it was like fifteen years ago or more. We're a family of four so never had to pursue other options. Usually stay deluxe, with exception of one POFQ stay and misc. first night late arrivals at values or CSR. Our upcoming trip next month I booked two pool view rooms at AKL thanks to a great discount. This allows our two teenaged girls to have their own room and bath and also bring a friend of theirs.

We loved the cabins! Theme was great, service excellent, and the bussing system was quick. We also enjoyed the resort, pool, Trails End restaurant, and the overall relaxed attitude of the other guests. It's very laid back there.