The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   That Distinctive Contemporary Scent (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030193)

jhaig 12-06-2012 03:36 PM

That Distinctive Contemporary Scent
 
What exactly is the fragrant smell in the Contemporary lobby? We were there for eight days and couldn't get enough!

tinkerbellybutton 12-06-2012 04:12 PM

When we were in WDW in July the CR lobby smelled exactlly like the lobbies at YC, BC, and GF. They use a scent system and the sent they use is called Green Clover and Aloe. I think the website for the system is enviroscent.

chalee94 12-06-2012 04:12 PM

not sure but i'd recommend you try this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871411

KrazeeK120 12-06-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton (Post 46870471)
When we were in WDW in July the CR lobby smelled exactlly like the lobbies at YC, BC, and GF. They use a scent system and the sent they use is called Green Clover and Aloe. I think the website for the system is enviroscent.

Thanks for this information.

I wondered the same thing as the OP. My DH actually called the Contemporary after we stayed there in March and the person on the phone didn't know. If I can get my hands on this, it will make my DH oh-so-happy!

rcraw45425 12-06-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton
When we were in WDW in July the CR lobby smelled exactlly like the lobbies at YC, BC, and GF. They use a scent system and the sent they use is called Green Clover and Aloe. I think the website for the system is enviroscent.

I looked into that gizmo and its really pricey.

http://www.enviroscent.com/Shop/Accscent-Machines

stasijane 12-06-2012 08:30 PM

I just call it the Smell of Disney! :lmao: and I have never been able to get enough either:thumbsup2

KrazeeK120 12-06-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcraw45425 (Post 46871934)
I looked into that gizmo and its really pricey.

http://www.enviroscent.com/Shop/Accscent-Machines

I noticed that too. DH told me to buy it. Ummm...no. I just put a Disney vacation, baseball tickets for 2013, and my sister's wedding gift on my credit card. I'm not paying $200 for my house to smell like the Contemporary. If I were made of money...then maybe.

I'll make sure we take a stroll over to the Contemporary in January so DH can smell it. Sheesh.

rcraw45425 12-06-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazeeK120

I noticed that too. DH told me to buy it. Ummm...no. I just put a Disney vacation, baseball tickets for 2013, and my sister's wedding gift on my credit card. I'm not paying $200 for my house to smell like the Contemporary. If I were made of money...then maybe.

I'll make sure we take a stroll over to the Contemporary in January so DH can smell it. Sheesh.

I could almost justify it if it lasted longer than three to four weeks, would cover all three floors of our house and the refills weren't fifty dollars plus shipping :eek:

jhaig 12-07-2012 01:55 PM

Where can I get aloe and clover less expensive, like Bath and Body or Yankee Candle?

rcraw45425 12-07-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhaig
Where can I get aloe and clover less expensive, like Bath and Body or Yankee Candle?

There used to be a similar one from B&Bw but I believe it was discontinued. Just buying a fragrance with the same name doesn't guarantee the same scent. .

tinkerbellybutton 12-07-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcraw45425 (Post 46876874)
There used to be a similar one from B&Bw but I believe it was discontinued. Just buying a fragrance with the same name doesn't guarantee the same scent. .

Exactly! I've smelled the clove/aloe scent from B&B and to me it smelled nothing at all like the Disney scent.

The system on enviroscent is very pricey, I agree. In 2010 they had a smaller/less expensive system. I bought that one, but it's now been discontinued. Last I checked I could still order refills for my machine, but I know they won't carry them forever since the machine is discontinued. Mine was a small fan that filled my main living space (living room, kitchen, breakfast room). I think I paid $50 and it came with 6 refills. I used about one pack of "beads" a month so for $50 it lasted 6 months. The refills, I beleive were around $20 for another 6 packs. Not bad, and it smelled so good. I haven't used the machine in several months. This thread reminds me that I need to see about ordering a few sets of refills before I can't......that is if they still have them!

Good luck finding something similar. I have looked everywhere for scents that are close to this particular smell. The closest I've come was Rainkissed Leaves at B&B, but that's been discontinued as well.

jhaig 07-30-2013 05:29 AM

Found a close second to Aloe and Clover. It's also from B and B Works called Rain Kissed Leaves (a very manly name;)). We had some of this at our hotel down in PA. When my daughter put on some of the hand lotion, I smelled it and instantly thought Contemporary.

Jonell 07-30-2013 08:50 AM

I have two of the enviroscent machines with green clover and aloe scents. Personally I don't think that they are worth the money. B&BW Rainkissed Leaves smells exactly like it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.