The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Child's QSDP at BOG (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030107)

Ds4angels 12-06-2012 01:07 PM

Child's QSDP at BOG

Has anyone been to BOG for lunch w/ a child on the QSDP? What were the choices for deserts for the kids? I've checked the menu, but didn't see anything listed. The deserts look so yummy there wondering if the kids get a regular desert w/their lunch meal?

TDC Nala 12-06-2012 01:10 PM

Here's a menu, including the desserts.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/be-ou...lunch-menu.htm

Same desserts the adults can choose from.

Ds4angels 12-06-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 46868410)
Same desserts the adults can choose from.

That would be great if the kids get to choose from the same desert menu as adults. I know a lot of the CS places don't have that option. That means I won't have to share my cupcake w/ them:lmao:

jlr9882 12-09-2012 05:01 PM

Are those mini cupcakes or regular size cupcakes? They look so tiny in the pictures I have seen.

scojos 12-09-2012 05:11 PM

regular xx

NHKristy76 12-09-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlr9882 (Post 46889256)
Are those mini cupcakes or regular size cupcakes? They look so tiny in the pictures I have seen.

They ARE small cupcakes... But I wouldn't call them mini. I know we are used to MONSTER size cupcakes nowadays but these are "normal" size.

TDC Nala 12-13-2012 12:30 PM

They are not full size cupcakes. Probably the reason everyone gets the same dessert is because they are small desserts.

Krissy04 12-14-2012 04:15 PM

Just back-our experience

We just got back from WDW and ate at BOG on 12/3. I specifically asked this question to the CM present when we were ordering because the kiosk did not offer a dessert to go with my daughter's Mickey Meatloaf as part of the kid's meal on DDP. I was told that the kid's meals do not include a dessert, only 2 sides, which consisted of french fries or various veggies if I remember correctly...applesauce wasn't even a choice. He did take our order number and go to the kitchen to manually switch out one of the sides for the peach applesauce, but it was not something I could choose....I shared my chocolate creampuff with my daughter...it was delish :goodvibes

Ds4angels 12-15-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krissy04 (Post 46925837)
We just got back from WDW and ate at BOG on 12/3. I specifically asked this question to the CM present when we were ordering because the kiosk did not offer a dessert to go with my daughter's Mickey Meatloaf as part of the kid's meal on DDP. I was told that the kid's meals do not include a dessert, only 2 sides, which consisted of french fries or various veggies if I remember correctly...applesauce wasn't even a choice. He did take our order number and go to the kitchen to manually switch out one of the sides for the peach applesauce, but it was not something I could choose....I shared my chocolate creampuff with my daughter...it was delish :goodvibes

Thanks Krissy04. Wow kind of bummed the kids don't get a desert there. :worried:Guess DH and I will have to share

kissy 12-15-2012 07:52 PM

Just left the world and ate at bog. Kids do not get a dessert. We were told they would get applesauce, we ordered the macaroni and when it came there was no applesauce. (We then were told that the macaroni doesn't come with applesauce so all they got was the macaroni and broccoli. it also came with a drink but if you get chocolate milk then they count that as a side) We didn't understand why there was no dessert offered to the kids (to top it off, the kids macaroni was not good). Dh talked to a manager about the lack of desert for the kids (our 9 yr old was upset about not getting A cupcake also. Dh and I shared ours with her. ) the manager did tell my husband he was glad for the input as they are still working out the kinks.

Ds4angels 12-18-2012 02:55 PM

I wonder if they'll add a desert sometime soon to the kids meals? Seems like a waste for the DP if there's no dessert w/ their meal. DH is wondering if we should just use some snack credits there to check out BoG and eat lunch somewhere else?

ThreeKMom 01-17-2013 11:42 AM

Does anyone know if you can use a snack credit to get a cupcake for your child?

I was thinking of letting our DD use a snack credit for the French Onion soup and maybe another for a cupcake, then save a QS credit for something else. When I showed her the QS menu she asked why she couldnt get a steak like at dinner! She was not thrilled with any of the choices on the lunch menu.

Twoboysnmygirl 01-18-2013 10:24 AM

Ok, so I'm seeing different reports here? This will make a big difference to us, my dd, who is 12, will be able to order an adult meal, but she's a vegetarian and won't want any of the adult meals at BOG so will order a childs meal. Do you or do you NOT get a dessert (cupcake)? I'm seeing lots of conflicting reports here. If you did, WHEN did you go? Maybe this is something they have added recently after complaints that the childs meal had no dessert??? :confused3

TDC Nala 01-18-2013 11:02 AM

Most on-site reports on this and other boards is that kids are not entitled to dessert because, while some websites list the dessert menu along with the child's menu, the restaurant itself does not consider the dessert menu to be part of the child's menu. But you can use a snack credit for a dessert.

In fact I haven't seen one yet where a child on DDP was able to select something off the dessert menu and have it included.

kissy 01-20-2013 09:08 AM

I was there right before Christmas and there was no dessert with the child's menu.