The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Which do you prefer? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030105)

disneyjes 12-06-2012 01:04 PM

Which do you prefer?

We're planning our first trip for April and we've narrowed it down to Art of Animation or Pop Century. Which do you prefer and why? They both look amazing!

dsanner106 12-06-2012 01:12 PM

We have always loved pop century but the new art of animation resort has some cool new features and would probably go with that if both were available.
Drwe

disneyjes 12-06-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsanner106 (Post 46868426)
We have always loved pop century but the new art of animation resort has some cool new features and would probably go with that if both were available.
Drwe

Thank you! That's what we were thinking but was curious what everyone else thought. Art of Animation looks gorgeous!

nursie 12-06-2012 01:16 PM

Youtube video

Just saw a video on youtube showing Art of Animation, it looks REALLY awesome. You may want to check out some youtube videos to help you decide!:thumbsup2

allstonsmommy 12-06-2012 01:26 PM

We have never stayed at either but AOA looks so fun so I would probably pick it!

Dawnie 12-06-2012 01:32 PM

One thing to keep in mind...because AoA is a new hotel you will not get any discounts for a while. We were planning on staying there next month, but then we got a MUCH better rate at POP (which we love). We figured for $1000 we are just fine walking across the bridge and checking out AoA! :thumbsup2

Nutbean 12-06-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneyjes (Post 46868372)
We're planning our first trip for April and we've narrowed it down to Art of Animation or Pop Century. Which do you prefer and why? They both look amazing!

We've stayed at both Pop and Art of Animation (Little Mermaid room), both with free dining.

Which was better (in our opinion)?

Theming and decor: AoA (Cars area in particular is AMAZING!)
Rooms: AoA (more themed than Pop, cuter)
Pools: AoA (Finding Nemo pool specifically)
Newness: AoA
Food court: Pop (we liked the selection there better)
Price: Pop (Little Mermaid rooms book up quickly and the suites are $$$)
Discounts: Pop (none are offered anymore for the Little Mermaid rooms)
Room Distance to Lobby, Buses: Pop (the LM rooms are quite the hike, more so than the standard room we had at POP).

Final verdict: The discounts available at Pop puts it in the lead for us.

disneyjes 12-07-2012 02:26 PM

Thank you everyone for all of your input! I really appreciate it! I think we're actually leaning towards Pop right now. Is there a better building than the others there? I think 50's or 90's would be fun!

Thanks again! <3

bigbabyblues 12-08-2012 08:36 AM

50's is our favorite section of Pop

AshleeH 12-08-2012 03:27 PM

I would go with AOA, but when I looked at the pricing, it was almost easier to book a bigger hotel. We stayed at Pop in October on our arrival night and it was fine - very small, but fine for what we needed for the night.