The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is the "Grey Stuff" any good? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030042)

tahrea 12-06-2012 09:37 AM

Is the "Grey Stuff" any good?

I'm just wondering if it worth a try.

bdklein 12-06-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahrea (Post 46867160)
I'm just wondering if it worth a try.

What's grey stuff?

tahrea 12-06-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdklein

What's grey stuff?

In the movie Lumiar (i think i spelled that wrong) sings about it so BOG made a dessert called that.

bdklein 12-06-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahrea (Post 46867220)
In the movie Lumiar (i think i spelled that wrong) sings about it so BOG made a dessert called that.

Oh I thought it was a drink made with Grey Goose.

GBBTomorrow 12-06-2012 10:15 AM

"Try the grey stuff; it's delicious! Don't belive me? Ask the dishes!"

We just went to Be Our Guest for lunch on Sunday, all excited to try the grey stuff we'd heard about, but it was not on the menu. Maybe it is only at dinner?

Also, a free tip:

You know how you're supposed to go to eat at counter service at 11:00 on crowded days to avoid the crazy lunch rush? In our experience on Sunday, it's the opposite at Be Our Guest. When we arrived at 11:00, the line was well past the bridge leading into the restaurant. When we left at 12:45, the line was only about a quarter that length. Seems like everybody has the idea to beat the crowd, and it's backfiring.

katrina1122 12-06-2012 10:20 AM

We were there during the last MNSSHP. They told us the Gray Stuff is not on the menu, you have to request it and they will sometimes bring it to you, but not always.

kpmdjm 12-06-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katrina1122
We were there during the last MNSSHP. They told us the Gray Stuff is not on the menu, you have to request it and they will sometimes bring it to you, but not always.

I believe I read it is for special occasions only. Like birthdays and anniversary

ktlm 12-06-2012 10:50 AM

I believe the grey stuff is actually chocolate mousse. Probably the same stuff which is inside the chocolate cream puff, which by the way is very good!It is my understanding it is only brought out at dinner, and not always even then.

tahrea 12-06-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpmdjm

I believe I read it is for special occasions only. Like birthdays and anniversary

Well that's sad. :( i was going to make my DH try it first. He is always good at knowing if I will like something or not. Oh wait were going when its our anniversary and DD2's bday.

Roma 12-06-2012 10:54 AM

We ate at our BOG during previews, and since it was our anniversary our server brought us out "The Grey Stuff" at the end of our meal. She said it was only brought out for special occasions.

It has the texture of mousse, but it is not chocolate mousse. In fact it is next to flavorless, so if you are expecting mousse like you might get at say, Chefs de France or Le Cellier, you may be disappointed.

wiigirl 12-06-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdklein (Post 46867253)
Oh I thought it was a drink made with Grey Goose.

lol...that would be awesome! :P

TDC Nala 12-06-2012 11:39 AM

It's cookies and cream mousse (like Oreos although I am sure they don't use actual Oreos). It's not on the menu, some say they have been brought it when asked, others say they've been told it's only for special occasions.

rlovew 12-06-2012 04:05 PM

It is a cookie and cream whipped cheese I believe. I thought it was very good when I had it (we went for my birthday so it was brought out with my dessert). It is just a little dollop of it though- like a tablespoon or so on the plate.

North of Mouse 12-06-2012 04:15 PM

From what I've heard it's a lot of hype about a oreo cookie & cream type mousse with maybe whipped cream/cream cheese and whipped smooth. That may not be how it's made, but must have a similar taste from what I've heard. Forgot to ask when we were in BOG.

KrazeeK120 12-06-2012 06:38 PM

Is it brought out at dinner only?