The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   CSR vs POR French Quarter (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030030)

pmcneff 12-06-2012 09:10 AM

CSR vs POR French Quarter

which do you prefer and why. we are going in July of 2013 with older kids 17 - 23 and are wondering which resort between these two would be best. thanks!!

:dance3:

wdwrich 12-06-2012 09:19 AM

My preference between those two would be CSR.
Reasons are:
1. I think the pool at CSR is better
2. CSR has a gym (the only moderate that has one).

Tara D 12-06-2012 01:36 PM

POFQ, but after our last stay at CBR I am just determined to stay in a small resort next time I go with my kids!

If you are planning on spending A LOT of time at the resort and swimming, I would probably choose CSR for your kids ages (mine are 2 and 5 and require a stroller). If you are going to spend most time at the parks and just sleep at your resort and grab a few meals, POFQ is easier to get around.

nkereina 12-06-2012 05:44 PM

It depends. Many people love POFQ because it's quaint, small, and easy to get around. You also have the ability to use the amenities at POR. However, for us, we found the smallness of POFQ to be a deterrent because everything felt crowded. We travel in September during low crowd season and preferred POR because it was more spread out and felt empty. Everything was crowded at POFQ since the food court is small, there's no quiet pools, and there is only one bus stop. We also found the walk to POR to be long enough where you'd probably only want to do it once, especially in July. It's a long path in the direct sun. The boat to DTD, however, is great.

CSR is large which we don't mind, but its worse than POR because there's a big lake in the middle. There's no easy way to get from one side to the other whereas at POR, there are bridges periodically across the river. If you want to stay near the food court at CSR, you'll be a good walk from the main pool and vice versa. I also don't love the concept of the food court with the host seating you and cleaning up after you, etc. But the food options are very good.

So, like everything else, pros and cons. I'd probably go CSR.

Hooked On The Mouse 12-06-2012 09:46 PM

I'd pick CSR, because of the pool and just because I find the themeing more appealing. I agree though with Tara D that if you're just planning on basically using the resort as a place to sleep, POFQ is probably more functional, but CSR wins on style. :)

haPevraftr 12-06-2012 09:49 PM

I'd pick POFQ for the option of using amenities at POR and the boat to DTD

pixarmom 12-06-2012 10:03 PM

We've stayed at both, but under the circumstances OP described, I'd vote for POFQ. I do prefer the theme at CSR and the beds are better (white comforters instead of the scratchy bedspreads.) But as much as I like the theme at CSR generally, I prefer POFQ overall. And the deciding factor for my advice to OP: It's July. Having been to WDW a few times in the summer, I can say that a room close to the bus, food and the lobby would be VERY important. While I like the lake at CSR and find it relaxing to walk around, that's in January/February/March, but not in July!