The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   resorts and fastpass+ (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3029962)

pxydst 12-06-2012 07:28 AM

resorts and fastpass+
 
OK, I have not checked out the fastpass + yet because we just decided to go in March but we need to make reservation sooo....... at one time the better the resort (moderate vs value) the better fastpass you will get...am I right in this thinking? can someone give me a quick and painless update on the new fastpass and if it will be in use at the end of March if you know?!?!?! :confused3

Pixiedust34 12-06-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pxydst (Post 46865755)
OK, I have not checked out the fastpass + yet because we just decided to go in March but we need to make reservation sooo....... at one time the better the resort (moderate vs value) the better fastpass you will get...am I right in this thinking? can someone give me a quick and painless update on the new fastpass and if it will be in use at the end of March if you know?!?!?! :confused3

The FP+ is still in testing. It has not been announced if the level of FP amenities you get will be tied to your tier of resort.

TaraPA 12-06-2012 09:17 AM

Nothing has been announced. We go next week & are part of the phase 2 of FP+ testing.

aaarcher86 12-06-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 (Post 46865800)
The FP+ is still in testing. It has not been announced if the level of FP amenities you get will be tied to your tier of resort.

This.

It's currently invite only and I believe it has more to if you are riding the Magical Express or something. But either way, nothing to really plan for.

sunsetbeachgal 12-06-2012 09:55 AM

Very interested to hear more about FP+...will be interested to see if it is available to Disney resort guests only?

aaarcher86 12-06-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal
Very interested to hear more about FP+...will be interested to see if it is available to Disney resort guests only?

Probably. Like the ddp... Draw gsts to their resorts.

I Love Pluto 12-06-2012 12:59 PM

I don't understand why a person staying in a Deluxe resort should get more Fastpasses than a person staying in a Mod or Value. That would be considered "buying" Fastpasses, wouldn't it?

Financial standing should not affect Fastpass availability.

I will step down from my soap box now. Thank you for listening. :goodvibes

aaarcher86 12-06-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Love Pluto (Post 46868332)
I don't understand why a person staying in a Deluxe resort should get more Fastpasses than a person staying in a Mod or Value. That would be considered "buying" Fastpasses, wouldn't it?

Financial standing should not affect Fastpass availability.

I will step down from my soap box now. Thank you for listening. :goodvibes

I think that is what they are looking into - buying the perk of Fastpass +.

Regular FP will still be available for everyone just like it is now.

(obviously all speculation based on what's been going on/said so far).

I Love Pluto 12-06-2012 02:36 PM

I resent Disney's thinking to CHARGE for Fastpass+. I can see staying at a Disney resort being the criteria, but charging for Fastpass+ is awful! Money, money, money!!! Walt will roll over in his grave! :confused:

mommyarewegoingback 12-06-2012 03:59 PM

Remember practically every where else charges for FP like things, including Universal.

- Virginia

Bishope2 12-06-2012 04:12 PM

Universal pass system is a 'Front of the Line Thing". At first, if you stayed in one of the three onsite hotels, you had that included in your room price. A perk for staying on site. The rooms still have that perk but now they offer the general public this feature if staying off site. It is more limited. With a on site hotel stay, you get unlimited front of the line access for any ride. I believe with the purchase of this benefit if staying off site, you have front of the line access once per ride. For S***s and giggles, I priced out 2, Four Day, Park to Park passes at Universal versus 2, Four Day, Park to Park passes with front of the line access. It was $345 vs $599. Big difference.....

If Disney offers this FastPass Plus thing, it should be limited to on site guests. They have over 10,000 rooms. On site hotels offer maybe 30,000 guest or more a day visiting the parks. Room prices are up there unless one gets a discount. Give it to the guest in onsite hotels. Don't be like Universal and sell it to the general public.

mommyarewegoingback 12-06-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bishope2 (Post 46869986)
If Disney offers this FastPass Plus thing, it should be limited to on site guests. They have over 10,000 rooms. On site hotels offer maybe 30,000 guest or more a day visiting the parks. Room prices are up there unless one gets a discount. Give it to the guest in onsite hotels. Don't be like Universal and sell it to the general public.

Totally agree with you. I would love this to be a benefit of resort guests.

minnie mum 12-06-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Love Pluto (Post 46869205)
I resent Disney's thinking to CHARGE for Fastpass+. I can see staying at a Disney resort being the criteria, but charging for Fastpass+ is awful! Money, money, money!!! Walt will roll over in his grave! :confused:

I think that I will hold off on the resentment and outrage until Disney actually makes some kind of official announcement about how the fastpass + system will actually work. No point in getting one's knickers in a twist just yet. We don't know what they will do- give a certain number per day to all onsite guests, give a different number per day depending on level of resort, or just sell them as an extra (like park hoppers). It's all just conjecture at this point.

ETA: I doubt Walt would roll anywhere, even if he could. He was a visionary, but he was also a very practical businessman.

minnie mum 12-06-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Love Pluto (Post 46868332)
I don't understand why a person staying in a Deluxe resort should get more Fastpasses than a person staying in a Mod or Value. That would be considered "buying" Fastpasses, wouldn't it?

Financial standing should not affect Fastpass availability.

I will step down from my soap box now. Thank you for listening. :goodvibes

How would this differ from getting QSDP when staying at a value versus getting DDP when staying at a mod or deluxes when free dining is offered? You pay more for your resort, you get more perks. :confused3

Polydweller 12-07-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie mum (Post 46870575)
I think that I will hold off on the resentment and outrage until Disney actually makes some kind of official announcement about how the fastpass + system will actually work. No point in getting one's knickers in a twist just yet. We don't know what they will do- give a certain number per day to all onsite guests, give a different number per day depending on level of resort, or just sell them as an extra (like park hoppers). It's all just conjecture at this point.

ETA: I doubt Walt would roll anywhere, even if he could. He was a visionary, but he was also a very practical businessman.

True on all points. Can't understand how one can resent something that hasn't been implemented and for which there are no details at all. Right no its just tests so they can determine what FP+ should be and how it should be implemented.

And Walt was a shrewd and sometimes ruthless businessman. His handling of his animators desire to be part of a union, the business deals during DL development, and his handling of the author of Mary Poppins make interesting reading and show how tough he could be. It wasn't just Roy who was the bottom line businessman.

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie mum (Post 46870618)
How would this differ from getting QSDP when staying at a value versus getting DDP when staying at a mod or deluxes when free dining is offered? You pay more for your resort, you get more perks. :confused3

Exactly so. It's like that everywhere, not just Disney. Pay more and you are worth more to the bottom line. Any business wants to attract the higher spenders and will give more perks to do so. Disney, from Walt and Roy's early days til now, is a business whose purpose is to make as much as they can. Basic rule of thumb, if you want all the perks you will have to be prepared to pay for them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.