The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The DIS Unplugged Podcast (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   So, what do you think of Cars Land coming to DHS? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3029780)

*NikkiBell* 12-05-2012 03:44 PM

So, what do you think of Cars Land coming to DHS?

Cars Land is coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Shaun Thompson | Posted: Dec 5, 2012 | Updated: Dec 5, 2012 - 1:17:16 PM

While still a rumor, The DIS has confirmed from multiple sources that Disney will officially announce this week that they are bringing Cars Land to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Lights, Motors, Action! and the Backlot Tour will be leveled to make room for an expansion of Pixar Place to include the new land. Disney opened Cars Land at Disney California Adventure back in June to rave reviews and this would be a much needed boost to DHS, which is starting to show its age.

While we don't know yet which attractions will be included with the new expansion, attractions like Radiator Springs Racers have been wildly popular and most likely would be included.

To see an overview of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure, click here.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/12...s-Land-026.jpg

We first reported on this rumor back in July in both a news story and on our DIS Unplugged Podcast.

At this time, this is still a rumor but we will be sure to update as more information is available. Stay tuned!

disneydad78 12-05-2012 04:57 PM

When I read that, I ran to tell the kids.!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Peter Fan 12-05-2012 05:19 PM

Thats great news!

SamSam 12-05-2012 06:43 PM

I think it's a great idea. My grandkids are going to love it!

basketrn 12-05-2012 07:14 PM

SOOOOO EXCITED!!!:cool1::cool1::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2:

WaltD4Me 12-05-2012 07:27 PM

I'm surprised. I thought they would do more with Star Wars at DHS before putting in Carsland. Personally, I'd prefer the Monsters Inc. rollercoaster.

lilsk8nmac 12-05-2012 07:28 PM

I'm excited! :)

mjtm610 12-05-2012 07:30 PM

I think it's GREAT! Can't wait to hear the details!

Jennygt 12-05-2012 07:57 PM

I am very excited and so is my six year old ds!

snowy76 12-05-2012 10:11 PM

We love love LOVE Carsland. DCA is our favorite Disney park right now because of it. That being said, I *really* hope it's not a carbon copy of the land at DCA. I'd love to see something new - maybe based on Cars 2? Or an e-ride that's not like RSR (too much like Test Track). Maybe the other rides at DCA (Mater and Luigi) could be changed out in FL for rides based on other Cars characters.

kbelle8995 12-06-2012 05:33 AM

I am optomist.

Though I am understanding about people not wanting a carbon copy, I don't want a stripped down version either.

At this point I want something that will distribute crowds so I at least have a better chance of getting on TSM.

And I'm still hoping for a Mos Eisley Cantina.

OKW Lover 12-06-2012 07:33 AM

I'm loving it! :car:

Never cared much for the LMA attraction - OK, but just not "repeatable" to me. So I won't miss that. The Back Lot tour has been been suffering the death of a thousand cuts for many years now so its about time to put it out of its misery.

Having seen CarsLand at DCA its spectacular. A great example of what Disney Imagineers can do when left free to create!

BrizMarc 12-06-2012 08:19 AM

This is big news if its true. I would have expected to see Starwarsland added to the park. I hope they do something different from DCA. It seems strange they would have 2 rides using the Test Track ride type in the same resort though.

Pumbaa7287 12-06-2012 09:05 AM

Hold on while I call all my Disney friends and squee with joy!

Really hoping this becomes more 'an extension of pixar place' and less 'cars land' so that it leaves them room to add that mythological Monsters Inc. coaster I keep hearing about.

tehSAC 12-06-2012 10:44 AM

I'm okay with it, but I would prefer they would go a different route/land. Leave Cars Land out west and build something different in WDW.

Just my opinion.