The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Which is nicest Downtown Disney (non-Disney) hotel? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3029566)

DisneyJanFeb2008 12-05-2012 08:21 AM

Which is nicest Downtown Disney (non-Disney) hotel?

Which is the nicest Downtown Disney (non-Disney) hotel would you say and why? Buena Vista Palace, Wyndham, or Hilton?

DisneyJanFeb2008 12-05-2012 08:30 AM

From photos and Trip Advisor reviews, the Hilton looks the nicest (?)

spiceycat 12-05-2012 09:56 AM

probably hilton - just because it is a hilton.

it is also the only DD hotel that has EMH

GATORinaZ28 12-05-2012 10:19 AM

We are going on a cruise in March and are staying at Downtown Disney for 1 night. I researched them and just reserved a night at the Hilton since it seems to be the best one. Plus, they had a special offer on their site (still might be there) that knocked $50 off the room.

kapoof 12-05-2012 10:27 AM

we stayed at the hilton a while back..it was o.k.

pros: close to dtd, very nice quiet pool, comfy beds, cheaper than disney resorts..for us it was free due to dh points.

cons: needs a major refurb, very dated rooms, non disney feel is that matters to you, to us it did we ended up moving to the poly.

staugielady 12-05-2012 08:57 PM

We have always loved the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort. It isn't as fancy as the others, but it is nice and at a really good price.

Bob NC 12-08-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapoof (Post 46859356)

cons: non disney feel is that matters to you, to us it did we ended up moving to the poly.

Seems a little unfair to list a con of a non-Disney hotel as not having a Disney feel.

beccasmom 12-08-2012 01:33 PM

I have heard it is the Hilton. I can't endorse it personally; we've never stayed there.

Hilton's are normally pretty good bets, but we stayed in a Savannah property that had just so-so service. So I tend to delve a bit deeper into reviews when checking out even the major chains.

HWKI2 12-08-2012 02:38 PM

Count us as loving the Lake Buena Vista Best Western too!!

spiceycat 12-08-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staugielady (Post 46864314)
We have always loved the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort. It isn't as fancy as the others, but it is nice and at a really good price.

definitely agree with that - stayed there too and no complaints.:thumbsup2

jessic2422 12-08-2012 06:48 PM

I have only stayed at the Hilton and palace. I liked the Hilton much better

heartse 12-08-2012 07:18 PM

We are huge fans of the DoubleTree. We like having the extra space, and especially love the fact that we can put her to bed in the living room and then have the bedroom available for us so that we stay up, watch tv, and read without it being a problem. As she gets easier we will consider going to the Hilton, but for the time being we love the DoubleTree. The service there is generally fantastic!

sunsetbeachgal 12-08-2012 07:53 PM

Does the Hilton have bus service to the parks like the Disney resorts do?

Sue M 12-09-2012 09:26 PM

We came in a day early during one visit, so stayed 1 night at the DTD Doubletree pre package. They are all 1 or 2? bedroom suites, and we thought it was very nice. No complaints on our suite. It was very spacious, and well maintained. Toiletries were very nice too, Crabtree & Evelyn. Starbucks coffee in room.

If you go on mousesavers.com they have discounts on their preferred hotels. Doubletree was one of them. I booked with their discount code and got a great room rate and breakfast incl.
They have several preferred hotels in DTD. The Royal Plaza and Hilton are too.

All the DTD hotels have a shared bus transportation system and run every 30 min. They use the off site bus areas. They are not on WDW transportation.

Kae 12-09-2012 09:36 PM

We have stayed at Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort 3 times, Buena Vista Palace, Double Tree & Royal Plaza. And the holiday Inn when it was a Courtyard.

Out of those Royal Plaza is on the bottom of the list we just didn't care for it. Palace & BW both had wonderful customer service. Doubletree the suites are great.

We have used priceline & gotten these hotels. Most have been one night stays.

Kae