The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   SOOOOO bummed!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3029464)

NicoleK1974 12-04-2012 09:39 PM

SOOOOO bummed!!
 
They just did a change to CRT dinner menu.
The pasta I fell in love with...the reason we cancelled perfect time BOG ressies....it's gone.... :(

So bummed! Oh well....at least my DD will be happy to be back at CRT again...
*sigh*
Anyone else have a second fave to suggest?

Peter Fan 12-05-2012 07:10 AM

Wow! Did they replace it with anything? Cuz they didn't have much to offer to begin with.

NicoleK1974 12-05-2012 11:05 AM

Looks like they replaced it with either braised Cobia (I'm only a fish fan if it is done PERFECTLY) and fried chicken with mac and cheese.
Just doesn't seem right to be eating fried chicken and mac and cheese in the castle!
Lol!
Seems like most of my dining ressies have changed their menus quite a bit VERY recently.
Sci-Fi, SOA and now CRT.
Oh well...not like we will starve, but I WAS really looking forward to that pasta!
I'm thinking about asking our server if they might be willing to part with the recipe. :)

Luv4Disney 12-05-2012 11:19 AM

Bummer! I was bummed when they got rid of the Major Domo's pie. :(

At least you'll still be in the castle! :goodvibes

River Country 12-05-2012 12:05 PM

I was bummed when it changed names from King Stefan's Castle to Cinderella's Royal Table. On top of that they got rid of the Prime Rib

loriandmatt 12-05-2012 12:14 PM

whatever you do, dont' get the Pork Three Ways. it was by far the worst meal i have ever had on WDW property....and that's saying something. we visit for at least a week, at least yearly and have a sit down meal at least once a day....that's a lot of meals to pick from and that was hands down the worst.

NicoleK1974 12-05-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loriandmatt
whatever you do, dont' get the Pork Three Ways. it was by far the worst meal i have ever had on WDW property....and that's saying something. we visit for at least a week, at least yearly and have a sit down meal at least once a day....that's a lot of meals to pick from and that was hands down the worst.

Ooooh!
Thanks for this info!
It was the one I was leaning towards....
Hmmmmm.....
Anyone else have a yea or nay on the CRT entrees?

czmom 12-05-2012 01:32 PM

We will be eating there on Sunday. Where did you find the new menu? The one on Allears says it was updated 9/12.

loriandmatt 12-05-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 (Post 46860519)
Ooooh!
Thanks for this info!
It was the one I was leaning towards....
Hmmmmm.....
Anyone else have a yea or nay on the CRT entrees?

ya know...it really sounded like it would be in my wheelhouse too. i think it was a combination of the pulled pork being flavorless, the bacon being almost non existant in the dish and the swiss chard being very bitter and overwhelming. (and i am a fan of bitter greens, but this was just over the top. it was all you could taste and it almost had a fishy undertone.) my expectations were high and i was very disapointed.

i swore for other reasons to never go back. service was the worst i have ever had a WDW. from the greeter to the waiter we had - grumpy, not in character at all, slow - as if they know their gratuity is included in the price of the meal so they just dont try. not worth two dining credits at all. my daughter saw it once and is over it because it simply was not magical because of our experience with the greeter and waiter. However if i had to and had to pick a menu item, i would try the cobia. love that fish! or the beef dish. (husband had it and didn't hate it. best beef dish on property in our opinions is the prime rib at Boatwrights at POR....oh, or the filet at Cali Grill...but i digress.) you can't go wrong with WDW fried chicken, but man they have that on like every menu....by the time we leave WDW i am fried chickened out for a while.

Good Luck, Happy Planning and Have a Great Vaca.

NicoleK1974 12-05-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by czmom
We will be eating there on Sunday. Where did you find the new menu? The one on Allears says it was updated 9/12.

Ummmmm....I'm not sure...I have been in planning overdrive for the past few days and have read about 20 different websites.
I do remember it was updated 10/12 if that helps at all.

NicoleK1974 12-05-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loriandmatt

ya know...it really sounded like it would be in my wheelhouse too. i think it was a combination of the pulled pork being flavorless, the bacon being almost non existant in the dish and the swiss chard being very bitter and overwhelming. (and i am a fan of bitter greens, but this was just over the top. it was all you could taste and it almost had a fishy undertone.) my expectations were high and i was very disapointed.

i swore for other reasons to never go back. service was the worst i have ever had a WDW. from the greeter to the waiter we had - grumpy, not in character at all, slow - as if they know their gratuity is included in the price of the meal so they just dont try. not worth two dining credits at all. my daughter saw it once and is over it because it simply was not magical because of our experience with the greeter and waiter. However if i had to and had to pick a menu item, i would try the cobia. love that fish! or the beef dish. (husband had it and didn't hate it. best beef dish on property in our opinions is the prime rib at Boatwrights at POR....oh, or the filet at Cali Grill...but i digress.) you can't go wrong with WDW fried chicken, but man they have that on like every menu....by the time we leave WDW i am fried chickened out for a while.

Good Luck, Happy Planning and Have a Great Vaca.

The swiss chard was my tipping point....I love it if done correctly....

Our server last year was extremely friendly and accommodating, but was uninformed on a major issue (we ended up paying for the meal TWICE and had to call when we got home for a refund) so hopefully the service will make up for it.

In all honesty, if it weren't already paid for (on a joint credit card with the ex, that I don't have access to anymore and I was made to pay my portion of, and I KNOW he would not give me the $$$ back when it was refunded to his card.) I would probably cancel it....

I cancelled BOG ressies in favor of it too... :(

I do remember the rolls were excellent as was the the shrimp cocktail so it isn't a total loss! Lol!

North of Mouse 12-05-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by River Country (Post 46860109)
I was bummed when it changed names from King Stefan's Castle to Cinderella's Royal Table. On top of that they got rid of the Prime Rib

:thumbsup2 I agree! We're *old timers* also ;)

PoohsFan1 12-06-2012 02:26 PM

When I first read the title of this thread, it got me scared. Thankfully they still have the beef tenderloin, not like we are going anytime soon so I can enjoy it. This is an entree that DH and I always get and it has yet to disappoint. Maybe this could be another option for the OP. OP I would be bummed too, especially after getting rid of a BOG ADR. Hopefully you will find something there that will be pleasing to you :goodvibes.

bumbershoot 12-06-2012 03:49 PM

there's another thread about this that references wdwinfo.com's menu area (aka the Dis's info side). And shows that there are no chicken or cow-based entrees anymore.

And shows that they changed the risotto (yay) to a cassoulet (bleah).


allears and disney still show the other info, but I don't think the Dis's menu people are pulling the menu change from nowhere, know what I mean?

mlittig 12-06-2012 09:39 PM

I was also extremely disappointed when they removed the delicious prime rib from the menu :furious:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.