The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Le Cellier - “Poutine” Fries (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3029445)

reking96 12-04-2012 08:51 PM

Le Cellier - “Poutine” Fries
 
Has anyone had the “Poutine” Fries at Le Cellier? If so, how were they? Any pics? Thanks.:)

Peachkins 12-04-2012 09:52 PM

Never been there myself, but I did see this review a little while ago on the Disney Food Blog:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/0...nature-dinner/

Includes some pretty good details about the poutine.

minnie mum 12-04-2012 10:12 PM

That was a really good review with an excellent description of both the "poutine"s. I can confirm what the reviewer said, as a Canadian I wouldn't call either of these a true poutine. And I wouldn't touch that lunch version with a ten foot pole. But the dinner version is something I'd love to try (I'd just have to pretend to call it something else :lmao:)

TheRustyScupper 12-04-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie mum (Post 46856537)
. . . I can confirm what the reviewer said, as a Canadian I wouldn't call either of these a true poutine . . .

1) Ain't that da truth !
2) Eh?

lynypixie 12-04-2012 11:07 PM

Of dear, that looks disgusting!
I'm from Montréal. I know my poutine, and this is not even close to the real thing. The later does looks better. But seriously? Melted cheese?

And now, je veux une poutine!

reking96 12-05-2012 05:22 AM

Thanks everyone. Canada is my favorite place to vacation and I always look forward to getting poutine. I'll try the dinner version, but that lunch version is so not going to happen. I would have been so disappointed when that came out!! LOL!

TDC Nala 12-05-2012 07:36 AM

Lunch or dinner?

The lunch ones are not poutine. They're cheese fries.

The dinner ones are more authentic although I'm not Canadian so I don't know if authentic poutine uses wine reduction sauce and truffle salt.

goofyintoronto 12-05-2012 07:36 AM

I wouldnt touch the lunch poutine with a 10 ft fork either! Nasty! Liquid cheese with gravy? YUCK! The dinner poutine does look better, of course thats not a "true" poutine, but I'd definitely try it. At least it has real cheese curds.

goofyintoronto 12-05-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 46857928)
I don't know if authentic poutine uses wine reduction sauce and truffle salt.

No, real poutine does not include wine reduction type of sauce or truffle salt. Most poutineries here use regular brown gravy. Some say the original poutine (way back when) included chicken gravy, but im not sure about that. :scratchin As I said, cheese curds and regular brown gravy is what you can find across canada. Love that stuff. :thumbsup2 Just call me the poutine queen. LOL.

BEASLYBOO 12-05-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie mum (Post 46856537)
That was a really good review with an excellent description of both the "poutine"s. I can confirm what the reviewer said, as a Canadian I wouldn't call either of these a true poutine. And I wouldn't touch that lunch version with a ten foot pole. But the dinner version is something I'd love to try (I'd just have to pretend to call it something else :lmao:)

There's nothing like taking a drive by the lake in the middle of summer and stopping at that little road side stand and getting authentic, uncomplicated poutine, served in a paper bowl! Sometimes, simple is better! Memories! :cloud9:

3pletprincesses 12-05-2012 09:28 AM

I'm canadian and had to try it although I was told not too and I would have to agree with the server. It is truly not all that good LOL If you are looking for traditional, it's really not the same thing

Canadian Disney Mom 12-05-2012 07:42 PM

That just looks nasty ....

Here is what real poutine is :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

I think I might have to do to Deluxe tomorrow for lunch...

PrincessAurora27 12-05-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto (Post 46857932)
I wouldnt touch the lunch poutine with a 10 ft fork either! Nasty! Liquid cheese with gravy? YUCK! The dinner poutine does look better, of course thats not a "true" poutine, but I'd definitely try it. At least it has real cheese curds.

Liquid cheese (or plastic cheese because that's what it's like when it gets cold) and gravy are disco fries in NJ.. Good late night after the bar food but not poutine by any stretch of the imagination.

goofyintoronto 12-05-2012 08:57 PM

Oh yes, i agree. Simplicity is best! Believe it or not some chip trucks in toronto make some really tasty poutines! Who'da thunk it right?? ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO
There's nothing like taking a drive by the lake in the middle of summer and stopping at that little road side stand and getting authentic, uncomplicated poutine, served in a paper bowl! Sometimes, simple is better! Memories! :cloud9:


Lol. Definitely not poutine.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27
Liquid cheese (or plastic cheese because that's what it's like when it gets cold) and gravy are disco fries in NJ.. Good late night after the bar food but not poutine by any stretch of the imagination.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

mfd25wife 12-05-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peachkins (Post 46856408)
Never been there myself, but I did see this review a little while ago on the Disney Food Blog:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/0...nature-dinner/

Includes some pretty good details about the poutine.

Ok, I'm from Arkansas and we'll eat practically anything fried with ketchup or gravy on top of it. Even I think that stuff they have for lunch looks bad. It's a gooey blob on top of melted cheese fries. Ew.

I always wanted to try poutine. I had some coworkers from Montreal (I miss working with my
friends:(. ) They used to tell us about it. We tried to get them to try biscuits and gravy since they acted like they like gravy. You'd think we asked them to eat Alpo dog food by their expressions
:lmao:. I take it "biscuits and gravy" is just a southern US thing? Hmmm, does that mean northerners wouldn't try chocolate gravy either?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.