The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DIS-ers, you decide where I stay! Come vote and pick my resort! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3029300)

BanditsMommy 12-04-2012 03:56 PM

I posted this first in the Resort Changers thread, but I thought it might be easier to see the votes in a separate thread. Pick from one of these three options, please.

Okay, all of these glowing reviews have swayed me, so I think I have my final 3 options: AKL (request room near lobby), CSR (preferred - near food and lobby), or Pop (preferred). AKL would be $400 more than where I am now at POR, CSR is another $50, and I'd get money back if I switched to Pop. I am ruling POR and POFQ out, the former due to the preferred rooms being sold out, and the latter because it is not discounted and is almost the same price as AKL.

Since I can't be trusted to make this decision, I am going to decide entirely based on your votes. I asked this question and I really started to tally the results people were giving me, so I figured I'd run with that idea and give my fellow DIS-ers the chance to pick my resort. Last time I called it took the CM a while to figure out which was the current version of my reservation in the system and I'm clearly not going to make a decision on my own.

I trust all of my fellow indecisive dis-ers to make this decision since I have never stayed in any of these resorts and honestly can't say I prefer one to any other. I'd be happy to stay at any of these resorts so give me your honest opinion. It's in your hands now. :-)

I Love Pluto 12-04-2012 04:36 PM

Pop preferred! Meals & merchandise will be happily bought with the money back. :thumbsup2

PlutoBaby 12-04-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditsMommy (Post 46853121)
I posted this first in the Resort Changers thread, but I thought it might be easier to see the votes in a separate thread. Pick from one of these three options, please.

Okay, all of these glowing reviews have swayed me, so I think I have my final 3 options: AKL (request room near lobby), CSR (preferred - near food and lobby), or Pop (preferred). AKL would be $400 more than where I am now at POR, CSR is another $50, and I'd get money back if I switched to Pop. I am ruling POR and POFQ out, the former due to the preferred rooms being sold out, and the latter because it is not discounted and is almost the same price as AKL.

Since I can't be trusted to make this decision, I am going to decide entirely based on your votes. I asked this question and I really started to tally the results people were giving me, so I figured I'd run with that idea and give my fellow DIS-ers the chance to pick my resort. Last time I called it took the CM a while to figure out which was the current version of my reservation in the system and I'm clearly not going to make a decision on my own.

I trust all of my fellow indecisive dis-ers to make this decision since I have never stayed in any of these resorts and honestly can't say I prefer one to any other. I'd be happy to stay at any of these resorts so give me your honest opinion. It's in your hands now. :-)

Ooh that's a toughie! Personally, I'd rule out Pop. Stayed there once and didn't like it at all. Luv, luv, LUV AK (how could you not with all those giraffes hanging around!):cool1: and have stayed at CS a few times as the price was right :thumbsup2. If price isn't a big deal, I'd definitely go with AK though, it's just so unique. pixiedust:

wiigirl 12-04-2012 04:45 PM

POP! :thumbsup2

owl0306 12-04-2012 05:04 PM

no comparing deluxe to value or mod stay akl

Lizzybean 12-04-2012 05:12 PM

Well I haven't stayed at AKL BUT I've visited and eaten there and I LOVED IT! That's my vote!

dtstampz 12-04-2012 06:18 PM

I've stayed at all 3, and while I love CSR, I think AKL is a must-try. I stayed there in
September, and would stay there again, no question. If money isn't an issue, go deluxe!

DanInMN 12-04-2012 06:24 PM

The preferred rooms at POR are not that big of an advantage, unless there is a special reason you need to be right next to the main building. You could fax a request to stay as close to the main building as possible in a regular room, if that's what you are looking for. I'd just stay with what you have already reserved!

BanditsMommy 12-04-2012 06:35 PM

I only wanted preferred wherever I go because I am still recovering from a foot injury and I wanted to minimize the walking outside of the parks. Otherwise I would absolutely stick with my POR reservation.

Hooked On The Mouse 12-04-2012 07:06 PM

If you are equally willing and able to do any of these resorts, then definitely go with AKL; it is absolutely gorgeous.

Karabee 12-04-2012 08:11 PM

Absolutely AKL. $400 for an upgrade to Deluxe is well worth it in my opinion :thumbsup2

Lumiere Lover 12-04-2012 08:15 PM

My choice wasn't a choice. POFQ - I think it is one of the greatest resorts on WDW property. 6 more days and I will be there!!!!!!!!

DisneyFansInNYC 12-04-2012 08:58 PM

AKL - no hesitation. Part of Disney is the magic. AKL is magical. Love the atmosphere.

KatMark 12-04-2012 09:29 PM

As much as I love the Coronado (we'll be back for our tenth stay the day after tomorrow), after haveing stayed at the AKL last year, I would pick that in a heartbeat. I can't pick Pop because I can't do values; nothing against them, they just don't fit my vacation style.

calngavinsmom 12-04-2012 09:29 PM

I would love to try AKL some day money permitting :rotfl: so that's how I voted :thumbsup2

Good luck :goodvibes