The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Trip Reports Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   2012 - OLYMPIC FREE TOUR - Day 12 - Florida Mall - Teppan Edo (1) (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3029141)

DISWolves 12-04-2012 09:56 AM

2012 - OLYMPIC FREE TOUR - Day 12 - Florida Mall - Teppan Edo (1)
 
Day 12 - Florida Mall - Teppan Edo (1)

After yesterday, it came as no surprise that we all had a lie in this morning. We eventually made our way to POR for breakfast, although I didnt fancy anything, since I still was quite full from Mannys.

Sue: Pancakes, scrambled eggs and strawberries Orange Juice.
Emma: Bounty Platter Chocolate Milk.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08202.jpg

Onwards to the Florida Mall and the soft opening of the Microsoft Store. This was in full swing when we got there, both inside the store and spilling out on to the mall avenue. We were all handed goody bags and various t-shirts.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...202012/723.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08204.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...202012/733.jpg

Inside I was given a $25 gift voucher towards any purchase, which was further enhanced by a further 20% discount of any ticket price for today only. I bought a pair of Beats HD headphones for around 91.50. The sales assistant asked if we would be returning home before Saturday. I stated that we had a further two and a half weeks remaining at which point she offered some wristbands for an outdoor concert by Flo Rida to celebrate the official store opening on Saturday.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...202012/724.jpg

Emma stopped off at the M&M store to buy an assortment of M&M character combination locks, as gifts for her friends at school. I think we also had a few t-shirts from Aeropostale on our way round. We returned back to OKW where we showered and changed ready tonights ADR at Teppan Edo with Martin, Wendy and family.

Meeting up a 18:00, we made the short drive over to Epcot. The photopass photographers took a few traditional group photographs once inside, as we slowly made our way round World Showcase towards the restaurant for our 19:00 reservation.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...8FourBySix.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...4FourBySix.jpg

Nigel: Steak and Shrimp with Udon noodles Green Tea Pudding Diet Coke
Sue: Seasonal Vegetables, Udon noodles Green Tea Pudding Diet Coke
Emma: Chicken Breast with Udon noodles Soft Serve Ice Cream Diet Coke

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08231.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08243.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08244.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08247.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08246.jpg

Our chef tonight was nothing special, when compared to the one we had had on previous visit, but even so the food was very good and could not be faulted.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08234.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08239.jpg

On leaving the restaurant, it was only a short time before the fireworks started and we decided to watch from the restaurant balcony.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08263.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08268.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08272.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC08277.jpg

On our way home we made a slight detour to POR, where various coffees and ice creams were purchased with snack credits. We eventually arrived back at OKW at 23:00 and called it a day.

Coming up next - Magic Kingdom - Mara - Chef Mickeys - Magic Kingdom EMH

Return to INDEX

dixonsontour 12-04-2012 11:55 AM

Great view of the fireworks from teppan edo

DISWolves 12-04-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixonsontour (Post 46851582)
Great view of the fireworks from teppan edo

Yes :thumbsup2 We have watched from here a few times and it never seems too crowded.

Just started reading your trippie, from the link in your sig.
Only a few days in so far, but great detail, so I guess this took quite a while. You have been to a few places that we are still to try.
Looking forward to finish reading it soon :coffee: :)

dixonsontour 12-04-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISWolves (Post 46852110)
Yes :thumbsup2 We have watched from here a few times and it never seems too crowded.

Just started reading your trippie, from the link in your sig.
Only a few days in so far, but great detail, so I guess this took quite a while. You have been to a few places that we are still to try.
Looking forward to finish reading it soon :coffee: :)

Yes just finished my dining report. I will hopefully do a full trip report over the next few months - when you read them you don't realise how time consuming they are.

2Tiggies 12-05-2012 02:55 PM

Ah Teppan Edo it on our must do list for next time! That food looks amazing! And it really is a dining experience, as opposed to just being a meal

What a view for Illuminations! How full was the balcony? I changed my mind about taking a tripod up there because I thought it would just end up being a problem. I have to tell you, those two photopass shots are beautiful!! I love photos like that :thumbsup2

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixonsontour (Post 46853265)
Yes just finished my dining report. I will hopefully do a full trip report over the next few months - when you read them you don't realise how time consuming they are.

With a guilty face, I have to confess reading through several pages of your dining report during an insomnia ridden night a few days ago and didn't post as I was too tired to do anything but scroll the mouse. Funny you made that last statement - it occurred to me when reading it that it must have taken you HOURS for each installment! That's the reason this year's one is less detailed (and I didn't even attempt one last year!) I have to admire those of you who go through all the effort :thumbsup2

DISWolves 12-06-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Tiggies (Post 46861554)
What a view for Illuminations! How full was the balcony? I changed my mind about taking a tripod up there because I thought it would just end up being a problem. I have to tell you, those two photopass shots are beautiful!!

There were a number of people on the balcony but a tripod wouldn't have been a problem. These were taken on my Sony compact in Fireworks setting and rested on the handrail :thumbsup2

2Tiggies 12-06-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISWolves (Post 46867405)
There were a number of people on the balcony but a tripod wouldn't have been a problem. These were taken on my Sony compact in Fireworks setting and rested on the handrail :thumbsup2

Probably more practical than my second night I went back to try photograph this show. Had my first and only (and hopefully last) 'set of differences' I shall call it for the sake of being tactful :lmao: with some muppets at Epcot after sitting for some time in a spot with my tripod and decided there was no point having issues when the show started so I decided to be the bigger person and moved ..... and ended up with tripod set up a minimum height shooting through the trees with the lens poked through the railings :rotfl2:

wigeboo 12-06-2012 01:45 PM

great read thanks :)

wiigirl 12-06-2012 01:54 PM

Love your pics! :thumbsup2

Chilly 12-07-2012 06:16 AM

As others have said wonderful firework photos

irongirlof12 12-29-2012 03:37 AM

Some really great freebies at Microsoft store and fab photo s

1andrea 01-21-2013 09:16 AM

I'm now up to date!

Great report! I'm usually not a fan of trip reports, I'm usually a food report person but yours is great AND it incorporates a food report too!

Looking forward to the next installments.

Do you think the Ddp was worth the cost for you as I notice you seemed to u it as you needed it with counter service meals etc and not total table service to get the best value out of the plan?

Did you initially have free dining and upgrade to DDP?

Did you book a package or book Old Key West as room only direct with Disney?

Thanks
Andrea :)

DISWolves 01-21-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrea (Post 47258501)
I'm now up to date!

Great report! I'm usually not a fan of trip reports, I'm usually a food report person but yours is great AND it incorporates a food report too!

Looking forward to the next installments.

Do you think the Ddp was worth the cost for you as I notice you seemed to u it as you needed it with counter service meals etc and not total table service to get the best value out of the plan?

Did you initially have free dining and upgrade to DDP?

Did you book a package or book Old Key West as room only direct with Disney?

Thanks
Andrea :)

Hi Andrea

Thanks for taking the time to plough through all of the days to date.
Our OKW reservation included Table and Counter service DDP. We managed to use all of the table and counter credits and the snack credits remaining at the end were spent in Goofy's Candy Store at DTD.
We have got the same dining package again for this coming August. I booked this years OKW including full dining, whist still there last year. I have noticed that since the free dining has come back recently, OKW is now only offering Counter Service ?

1andrea 01-21-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISWolves (Post 47259418)
Hi Andrea

Thanks for taking the time to plough through all of the days to date.
Our OKW reservation included Table and Counter service DDP. We managed to use all of the table and counter credits and the snack credits remaining at the end were spent in Goofy's Candy Store at DTD.
We have got the same dining package again for this coming August. I booked this years OKW including full dining, whist still there last year. I have noticed that since the free dining has come back recently, OKW is now only offering Counter Service ?


Oh right I thought you had upgraded to the Deluxe Dining Plan!

I did have a look at booking a room at OKW for the free dining plan but the room is so expensive and I think it will encourage me to eat more than I usually would!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.