The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Cape May's New Menu (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028993)

North of Mouse 12-03-2012 09:23 PM

Cape May's New Menu

Just ate at Cape May tonight, first time since menu change. I really missed the ribs, and plain clam chowder. The crab legs are as good as always, and really everything else was good.

Just wish they hadn't taken away the ribs, clam chowder (now seafood chowder and thicker), flan (now individual servings, but not as creamy, rather dry), oreo bon-bons, and a few other things I can't remember.

My DH was totally satisfied though as the crab legs and boiled shrimp are mostly what he eats.

Kay1 12-04-2012 08:53 AM

I don't eat ribs but I hear you on the seafood chowder - I wonder what all is in there? The clam chowder was a big favorite for me.

Sorry about the changes, but thanks for the news.

:)

North of Mouse 12-04-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay1 (Post 46850075)
I don't eat ribs but I hear you on the seafood chowder - I wonder what all is in there? The clam chowder was a big favorite for me.

Sorry about the changes, but thanks for the news.

:)

The chowder had clams, shrimp, scallops (or fish cubes (?)),corn, potatoes, not sure of anything else. It was OK, but not the clam chowder I knew and loved. They told me for future reference that had I asked, they could have brought me out a bowl of their *original* clam chowder as that is the *base* for which they make the seafood chowder now. Kind of late for me now though ;)

Christine9125 12-05-2012 06:05 AM

The menu I seen had the crab legs only being there on certain nights, is this true?

Zandy595 12-05-2012 10:56 AM

Where is everyone finding the new menu?

Christine9125 12-05-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zandy595 (Post 46859591)

allearsdotnet

TDluvsDaisy 12-05-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by North of Mouse (Post 46856238)
The chowder had clams, shrimp, scallops (or fish cubes (?)),corn, potatoes, not sure of anything else. It was OK, but not the clam chowder I knew and loved. They told me for future reference that had I asked, they could have brought me out a bowl of their *original* clam chowder as that is the *base* for which they make the seafood chowder now. Kind of late for me now though ;)

Really?? :thumbsup2 My DH would love to get the old clam chowder. He thought the new seafood chowder was too thick. Too much of a good thing I guess.

I also miss the oreo bon-bons. But not enough to go buy them outside of the regular buffet price. :sad2:

Zandy595 12-05-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine9125 (Post 46859738)
allearsdotnet

I must be looking at something different. The last menu update for Cape May Cafe was 4/12.

crazy4wdw 12-05-2012 02:44 PM

Cape May was one of my favorite dining locations at WDW. I ate there this past October and was disappointed with the change to the clam chowder, not nearly as good as it was in the past. The chowder contained lots of corn and didn't have as many clams as in the past. I also noticed that the steamed shrimp were also not on the buffet as in past years. Also seemed like there were fewer choices all around like the vegtables and other meats. The price is now up to $38 per adult which is really getting pricey for me.

Maelstrom_ 12-05-2012 03:07 PM

Going here tonight. Anybody know if they still have crab legs? I really hope they do

Eastern 12-05-2012 05:07 PM

I could only find the old menu on allears. Can anyone tell me what else was on the buffet?

North of Mouse 12-05-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maelstrom_ (Post 46861666)
Going here tonight. Anybody know if they still have crab legs? I really hope they do

We just ate there Mon. night, and yes, they have crab legs every night - yum!

North of Mouse 12-05-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zandy595 (Post 46859591)

We *found* it by eating there Mon. night, also by hearing about it when they closed to refurbish.

They still have large steamed shrimp, but they're already peeled :thumbsup2 My DH loves them;) I do really miss the ribs (the new braised shortribs are a misnomer though because there are no ribs, just shredded meat).

Loved the old desserts best, although there are still some good ones.

pauly's girl 12-05-2012 09:39 PM

Im glad to hear the crab legs and shrimp are still there, this is a must do for our family!! I hope nothing else changes. We are going in Sept and we are really looking forward to our seafood night! :woohoo:

Zandy595 12-06-2012 07:20 AM

Do they still have clams? Does the interior of the restaurant look different, after the refurb?