The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Anyone own a Ford E-Wagon? UPDATE & THANK YOU!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028953)

airhead 12-03-2012 07:51 PM

Anyone own a Ford E-Wagon? UPDATE & THANK YOU!!
 
I'm looking into buying one and wanted a little feedback. My Dodge van is just not big enough. Thanks



Just wanted to thank all that gave me great feedback! It helped me a lot! I ordered my 2013 E-150 this morning! Can't wait to get it!

tvguy 12-04-2012 06:57 AM

Well, they are the top choice of TV stations for their live trucks. The E350 1 ton versions. We've got 4 of them here, 3 with over 200,000 miles on them, and some of our competitiors have close to 500,000 miles on theirs.
They are indestructable.

airhead 12-04-2012 07:18 AM

Thanks TVguy. Just what I needed to hear! I'm interested in this van to travel with dogs to dog shows. I need something with more space than a Grand Caravan.

nelle 12-04-2012 09:40 AM

We have a E350 van and love it! Ours is used for kid hauling and towing our camper. As the PP said they are bullet proof. My only complaint is that it's rear wheel drive and kinda sucky in snow. They do make 4x4 models but those are really pricey. There's tons of space in it with the seats removed.

jlewisinsyr 12-04-2012 11:39 AM

Make sure you talk to your insurance company, insurance is different on minivans versus commercial style vans.

arthuruscg 12-04-2012 11:42 AM

The E-150 and E-350 are not automatically commercial vans.

It sounds like the E-150 would would better then the E-350 for what you are doing. We have a 92 that we used as a tow vehicle and it is still going strong.

jlewisinsyr 12-04-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arthuruscg (Post 46851452)
The E-150 and E-350 are not automatically commercial vans.

It sounds like the E-150 would would better then the E-350 for what you are doing. We have a 92 that we used as a tow vehicle and it is still going strong.

It was a broad statement, some insurance companies classify them as commercial regardless of their registration status and will not insure them per their own policies.

tvguy 12-04-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlewisinsyr (Post 46851761)
It was a broad statement, some insurance companies classify them as commercial regardless of their registration status and will not insure them per their own policies.

I would guess that only applies if they were not equipped from the factory with seats in the back.

Interesting point, and one I have never heard of before.

airhead 12-04-2012 08:55 PM

Thanks for all the feedback. Definitely all valid points to consider. I think the E-150 will be just right for what I need. E-350 way more power than I need.

manning 12-04-2012 09:14 PM

Haven't kept up with power plant offering on E-150. If they are offering an Ecoboost in it take a hard look at it.

Power of a V-8, economy of a V-6.

airhead 12-08-2012 07:20 PM

A few more questions about your vans;
 
Do you all own the ext van or regular? If regular length,do you feel its a lot more room than say, a caravan ? Were the seats hard to remove? Thanks in advance. I'm going next Thursday to shop for my new van! Pretty psyched!

tvguy 12-08-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airhead (Post 46884206)
Do you all own the ext van or regular? If regular length,do you feel its a lot more room than say, a caravan ? Were the seats hard to remove? Thanks in advance. I'm going next Thursday to shop for my new van! Pretty psyched!

183 cubic feet from drivers seat to back doors in a Caravan, 237 cubic feet in a short wheelbase E-150, 278 cubic feet in the extended E150. So the short E-150 has 30% more cargo room than a Caravan.

airhead 12-08-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvguy (Post 46884736)
183 cubic feet from drivers seat to back doors in a Caravan, 237 cubic feet in a short wheelbase E-150, 278 cubic feet in the extended E150. So the short E-150 has 30% more cargo room than a Caravan.



Thanks! Can't wait to get it!

Gumbo4x4 12-09-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manning (Post 46856160)
Haven't kept up with power plant offering on E-150. If they are offering an Ecoboost in it take a hard look at it.

Power of a V-8, economy of a V-6.

Ford's discontinuing the full-size van altogether, so no ecoboost option as the only ones available would be used or leftovers from last year's model.

tvguy 12-09-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 (Post 46887448)
Ford's discontinuing the full-size van altogether, so no ecoboost option as the only ones available would be used or leftovers from last year's model.

Ford is not discontinuing the full size van. They are restyling it, and switching the name from Econoline to Transit, and it will look more like the Dodge Sprinter. And the switch isn't due until the 2014 model year.

http://www.motorstown.com/images/ford-transit-01.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.