The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney for Families (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Birthday tips! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028944)

disney is my life 12-03-2012 07:34 PM

Birthday tips!
 
Just wondering what you guys have done to make someone in your family's birthday extra special at disney?

daisyduck123 12-04-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disney is my life (Post 46846909)
Just wondering what you guys have done to make someone in your family's birthday extra special at disney?



We've been in WDW several times on DD's bday. Some things we've done:

1) Dinner in Cinderella Castle
2) Dinner in Norway
3) Illuminations Celebration Cruise (boat was decorated with balloons, banner, etc.)
4) Preorder b-day cakes (had these delivered to wherever we were having dinner & also had one delivered to the boat for our Illuminations Cruise)
5) Manicure at our resort's salon
6) Decorated our resort room

mm1971 12-04-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disney is my life (Post 46846909)
Just wondering what you guys have done to make someone in your family's birthday extra special at disney?

We had a special dinner. It was around Halloween and it is her favorite holiday. It's a little expensive, but if you call the Disney florist, they have several ways to decorate your room while you are out.

Also, I found that if you let the CM's know, they do a great job making sure the little ones feel special.

RedHeadedFairy 12-04-2012 09:47 AM

We went for DD's 3rd birthday & let them know at the front desk when we checked in. On her b-day morning, she got a wakeup call from Goofy!

disney is my life 12-04-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisyduck123 (Post 46848571)
We've been in WDW several times on DD's bday. Some things we've done:

1) Dinner in Cinderella Castle
2) Dinner in Norway
3) Illuminations Celebration Cruise (boat was decorated with balloons, banner, etc.)
4) Preorder b-day cakes (had these delivered to wherever we were having dinner & also had one delivered to the boat for our Illuminations Cruise)
5) Manicure at our resort's salon
6) Decorated our resort room

When you say decorating the resort room I have been thinking about this but was wondering if you had a birthday banner how would you hang it up?

daisyduck123 12-04-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disney is my life (Post 46855582)
When you say decorating the resort room I have been thinking about this but was wondering if you had a birthday banner how would you hang it up?

I had a banner which I strung across the curtain rod. I'd poked holes in both the top left & top right corners of the banner. I used curling ribbon strung thru the holes and hung the banner that way. At least...that's how I remember it.

I also had a 1/2 dozen Mylar birthday balloons (Disney-themed, of course!). The front desk inflated those for me (this was at 7am when they were not busy.)

I had a few Disney-themed tabletop decorations as well. I had purchased all of these items at our local party store before we'd left on our trip.

I did all the decorating early in the morning while the kids were still sleeping.

disney is my life 12-05-2012 06:32 PM

Thanks for the ideas! :)

disney is my life 12-10-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisyduck123

I had a banner which I strung across the curtain rod. I'd poked holes in both the top left & top right corners of the banner. I used curling ribbon strung thru the holes and hung the banner that way. At least...that's how I remember it.

I also had a 1/2 dozen Mylar birthday balloons (Disney-themed, of course!). The front desk inflated those for me (this was at 7am when they were not busy.)

I had a few Disney-themed tabletop decorations as well. I had purchased all of these items at our local party store before we'd left on our trip.

I did all the decorating early in the morning while the kids were still sleeping.

Thanks ! I had been wondering how to hang it without taping or damaging the wall. And was also wondering about helium! Thanks again :)

Eoywin 12-12-2012 08:47 AM

We are going to Disney in October for DD's 5th birthday. I hadn't thought much about what I was going to do special (though it's her first trip to the World, so it's pretty special already :goodvibes)

Planning on doing Pirate's League or BBB, but that's all I have planned right now.

BillEdrich 12-12-2012 11:36 AM

We also had a memorable dinner party at dad's birthday. The thing which made it most memorable was the presence of whole family. It was a great experience for us that everyone was together, talking to each other, having fun etc.

I can't forget that dinner. One of the best moments in my life.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.