The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   disABILITIES! (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Apple Scooter was fine by me (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028884)

Bete 12-03-2012 05:05 PM

We rented for 9 days in late November and early December and we had no issues with our scooter. We actually picked up our scooter at the store; we stayed off site and this was a better way for us.

We had an older scooter, but not once did it skip a beat. We charged it every night and it never used more than 2 dots on the charge and we were in the parks at least 8 hours/day.

I did find out that Jose, the manager is not there all the time and Alex almost never comes to the store, now. There's an assitant manager that told me this info. Take it for what it's worth. I didn't see more than 3 people working, but there could have been a hidden area where there were more workers. This is a relatively small store front. I'm sure they have a warehouse, but the store front is small.

I will continue to use Apple as our scooter supplier.

peemagg 12-03-2012 06:22 PM

Not to make the problems others had recently inconsequential, but I have always had the same experience with them that you did.

I can't even think of anyone posting having any issues before the ones posted recently.

Thanks for posting your experience.

They will be mine too if I need to rent one.

aubriee 12-04-2012 02:12 AM

We used Apple this past Oct 27th-Nov 4th without a hitch also. Highly recommend them. In fact, we did a split stay spending our last night over a Universal, so had a different drop off and pick up location. We also used them the month before for my mom's ECV Sept 1st-8th. No problems that trip either. Of course, both of these trips were before they started the Preferred Providers.

Bamagal 12-09-2012 03:44 PM

Our Apple scooter rental has been broken down in AK for 2 hrs. Apple says it will be another hour. What a waste of money. Was a long time Apple praiser until now. This is unacceptable. Our family has been split for hours while someone waits by the chair.

M5ward 12-09-2012 07:51 PM

We had a two issues with scooters on our last stay. Same issue both times...scooter started slowing and appeared to be losing the charge quickly. We called both times and received a call back from the service dept. within minutes. Both times the scooter was replaced in under 30 minutes from the tIme of the initial call. Everyone we had contact with was friendly, polite, and professional.
We use Apple every trip and have always been satisfied.

stitchlovestink 12-10-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M5ward
We had a two issues with scooters on our last stay. Same issue both times...scooter started slowing and appeared to be losing the charge quickly. We called both times and received a call back from the service dept. within minutes. Both times the scooter was replaced in under 30 minutes from the tIme of the initial call. Everyone we had contact with was friendly, polite, and professional.
We use Apple every trip and have always been satisfied.

That is awesome that you were treated so well, but I must say the fact that you had TWO problems (both the same type in the same trip) says 'to me' IMO they are not doing a very good job of maintaining their equipment. It is nice to hear that you were well care for. But clearly we are hearing mixed reviews on the boards. Not Everyone is getting Good service from them. I, for one, would be VERY leary about renting from them because I really think based on what you just posted, they are not maintaining their equipment very well IMO. Two bad scooters to the same renter on the same trip??? Not a good sign or you have really bad luck LOL!


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

peemagg 12-10-2012 07:32 AM

You know, people are bashing Apple right now, (on this board only, I might add), and we could go back over the history of each and every company that people rent from and find issues that someone had with each and everyone.

I searched other reputable Disney discussion boards and the only one that I find anyone having any issue with is on this one. That I find that amazing!!! How is that a few people on this discussion forum are the ONLY ones having issues?

I think we all need to keep in perspective that just because one or 2 people have an issue with a company, does not make it a company not to rent from. Shoot with the changes that Disney just made, for all we know, is that these people are disgruntled because the company they used to deal with is not one of the preferred companies, and it is inconvenient for them to use the one that they like, so they will find every little thing that they perceive as wrong and make it into a big issue. How do we know how the people who had the problems were behaving? I for one would work a lot better and faster with someone who is calm and polite, than someone who is ranting and raving and not giving me a chance to fix things. I am not saying that anyone did this, but it is a factor to consider into all of this too.

Until Disney made these changes to their policy regarding scooters, we never heard one bad thing about Apple. Not one!! That in and of itself should say something for the company!

Bete 12-10-2012 08:28 AM

I've been going to Disney World
 
for over 35 years and I have to say the only time we ever had trouble with a scooter was with a Disney park rental. It took over an hour to get a new scooter with the help of a cast member. The cast member came up to us the minute it happened. They knew we were in trouble.

Anyway, I want to say that sooner or later a scooter may have a problem regardless of who the company may be that rents them. It took over an hour for Disney to rectify the situation. I find it even more concerning; since, the Disney scooters are built like tanks and they don't look like they would ever stop running, but it did.

I can understand why an outside source could take longer to rectify a scooter problem.

I have rented from Apple for over 10 years and I never had a problem renting their scooters. I will continue to rent from them.

Also, I want to add that the store shared a story with us on our last visit of how one rental person had a horrible crash with one of their scooters caused by the user. Apple couldn't believe how badly damaged it was when returned. They were grateful their insurance company would take care of the problem. This was not a scooter problem caused by Apple.

When a user wants to drive a scooter in the rain or doesn't want to recharge the battery every night and so forth then a scooter could have a problem which has nothing to do with maintaining the scooter.

I talked with a cast member by the Buzz Lightyear ride because I was surprised you couldn't drive your scooter into the ride any more. Anyway, the cast member stated the reason was that there were four accidents in two months time with the scooter user hurting a cast member with one going through the ride line.

I'm not sure what can be done about poor users of scooters. I can see this becoming a real issue in the future. I just hope it doesn't get so bad that Disney eliminates them from the parks.

stitchlovestink 12-10-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peemagg
You know, people are bashing Apple right now, (on this board only, I might add), and we could go back over the history of each and every company that people rent from and find issues that someone had with each and everyone.

I searched other reputable Disney discussion boards and the only one that I find anyone having any issue with is on this one. That I find that amazing!!! How is that a few people on this discussion forum are the ONLY ones having issues?

I think we all need to keep in perspective that just because one or 2 people have an issue with a company, does not make it a company not to rent from. Shoot with the changes that Disney just made, for all we know, is that these people are disgruntled because the company they used to deal with is not one of the preferred companies, and it is inconvenient for them to use the one that they like, so they will find every little thing that they perceive as wrong and make it into a big issue. How do we know how the people who had the problems were behaving? I for one would work a lot better and faster with someone who is calm and polite, than someone who is ranting and raving and not giving me a chance to fix things. I am not saying that anyone did this, but it is a factor to consider into all of this too.

Until Disney made these changes to their policy regarding scooters, we never heard one bad thing about Apple. Not one!! That in and of itself should say something for the company!

I, for one am glad people are sharing the problems they are having whether it be Apple or Joe schmoe or whomever.... If you don't like that they are 'bashing' Apple then ignore the thread. You can still rent from them. No one is stopping you. It will mean less comeptition and they won't run out of units to rent to you.
People are entitled to other opinions and I for one see this as a sign that they are not running their business in a way that I would want to business with them. Nor would I recommend them off of these boards based on these complaints. Remember for every voiced complaint there are statistically 10+ more that go unheard.... ;)

and you're right, you don't know how those other posters acted, so to even suggest that they 'possibly' exhibited poor behavior is rude on your part.


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

M5ward 12-10-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchlovestink (Post 46892691)
That is awesome that you were treated so well, but I must say the fact that you had TWO problems (both the same type in the same trip) says 'to me' IMO they are not doing a very good job of maintaining their equipment. It is nice to hear that you were well care for. But clearly we are hearing mixed reviews on the boards. Not Everyone is getting Good service from them. I, for one, would be VERY leary about renting from them because I really think based on what you just posted, they are not maintaining their equipment very well IMO. Two bad scooters to the same renter on the same trip??? Not a good sign or you have really bad luck LOL!


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

In retrospect, I'm not sure my husband used the charger correctly. After the second incident, I made sure each night that the scooter was charging correctly before we went to bed. All I do know for sure is that we have never had an issue before and the service was great.

SueM in MN 12-10-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M5ward (Post 46898531)
In retrospect, I'm not sure my husband used the charger correctly. After the second incident, I made sure each night that the scooter was charging correctly before we went to bed. All I do know for sure is that we have never had an issue before and the service was great.

Sometimes, the issue is not the user charging incorrectly, but the user not being aware of some information about the battery.
Many scooter batteries take I to even 12 hours to fully charge.
When you add that to people's touring schedules, it often means the battery is never actually fully charged.
Someone who is out , using the scooter until 10pm and then is on their way to a park by 9am the next day will probably not have a fully charged ECV.
I also know that a lot of electrical outlets at hotels are very loose - we have already plugged a phone or camera charger in and assumed it was charging When we went to use it, it had no power. The culprit wasn't the device or the charger, but the outlet.when people force plugs in or pull plugs out by the cord, they bend the inside of the outlet and it may not keep contact with the plug. I think some of the scooter charging issues are due to that.

I am closing this thread because it has turned into a 'you praise, I will complain' that is rehashing the same incidents.

There are no companies that have 100% positive reports, but the great majority of all the companies listed in the disABILITIES FAQs thread have many, many positive reports for every negative.
Dissatisfied people are not always going to tell the business about problems they had.
But, the typical dissatisfied customer will tell 8-10 other people and up to 1 in 5 will tell more than 20 others about their complaint. (Sometimes a lot more than 20)
That makes issues because people are telling others about their unhappiness and most of them are not complaining where it will do any good - to the company so they can try to fix things.

Most happy customers tell many fewer people about the good service they received (as low as telling one other).
So, although the business may not hear as many complaints, individual people are much more likely to hear a complaint about a business than to hear a compliment.

These are very commonly quoted statistics about customer satisfaction.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/st....html?page=all

http://www.customer1.com/blog/custom...ice-statistics

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/...lls_the_world/


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.