The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   flights Toronto to Orlando June 2013 - reasonable price? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028741)

ariamac 12-03-2012 12:09 PM

flights Toronto to Orlando June 2013 - reasonable price?

Hey

I am travelling to Orlando June 26-July 2 and the best flight I've seen is $407 taxes included (round trip). I still have 6 months... Should I wait around for a better deal or is this reasonable?? Any help is appreciated!

badiggio 12-03-2012 12:47 PM

Wait.I fly from Ottawa and have never paid that much with whatever airline I've used.It should be cheaper from toronto.

dancin Disney style 12-03-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariamac (Post 46843248)
Hey

I am travelling to Orlando June 26-July 2 and the best flight I've seen is $407 taxes included (round trip). I still have 6 months... Should I wait around for a better deal or is this reasonable?? Any help is appreciated!

The very best you will do from YYZ is about $350 and that's doesn't happen all the time. The dates you are travelling are very busy...it's a holiday here and also in the US (July 4th). With that in mind I would book now.

If flying from Buffalo is an option.....right now Southwest has fares for June/July that will cost you approx $200 tax incl. per person. We never fly from YYZ anymore the savings from BUF are tremendous even when fares are high.

ariamac 12-03-2012 02:12 PM

Thanks dancin Disney style... Buffalo is not an option for me unfortunately...

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

webworm 12-03-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariamac (Post 46843248)
Hey

I see nonstop flights with AirTran from Buffalo for those dates for $220 including taxes.

minnie56 12-03-2012 06:51 PM

I would wait..

AC and WJ have had all kinds of sales of late.
I booked YYZ-MCO last week for just over $300 pp round trip for my DD and I ..now we are going in January but I have seen all kinds of deals lately for dates beyond.

:rolleyes1

misslissa 12-27-2012 09:36 PM

The only other option would be to check rates with Sunwing. I am going to assume those rates that you have found are with West Jet... and as a former TA, I'm going to confirm that the lowest you are probably going to find out of Toronto are about $350. Booking flights is like a lottery, you win some, you lose some. It is your gamble! If you want to wait, you might save $50 pp... or, it could go up.

It is June, pretty busy, it'll probably go up. I've been watching January (low season rates) for about 6 months and consider $400 to be a good deal if BUF isn't an option.