The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Royal Baby (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028708)

manxtatt2 12-03-2012 12:01 PM

Royal Baby
 
:) Kate expecting baby - breaking news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20586343

jen_uk 12-03-2012 12:10 PM

Awww lovely news :thumbsup2

Trish.Glenn 12-03-2012 12:10 PM

Good luck to Kate and the baby!

mandymouse 12-03-2012 03:04 PM

:yay: That's great news :yay:

Wills Mom 12-03-2012 03:29 PM

Delighted for them both - nothing beats becoming a parent:) I see she is in hospital with Hyperemesis. After suffering with it myself during my pregnancy I genuinely hope she is ok, it can be very draining and make you totally miserable! I'd like to see someone in her position speak out about the condition and educate people about it!

queendisney 12-03-2012 03:40 PM

Happy for them both BUT its going to drive me potty for the next X amt of months with the press coverage...

Will it be a boy
will it be a girl
will it be twins
will it be called Diana if its a girl
the odds on other names, with the going back in history to what they may call the baby
Doesn't Kate look good
Doesn't Kate look awful
The low down on EVERYTHING she is wearing throughout the pregnancy...

Lordy...here we go:rotfl:

wideeyes 12-03-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wills Mom
Delighted for them both - nothing beats becoming a parent:) I see she is in hospital with Hyperemesis. After suffering with it myself during my pregnancy I genuinely hope she is ok, it can be very draining and make you totally miserable! I'd like to see someone in her position speak out about the condition and educate people about it!

I've had it twice and it is an awful illness. Not many people understand it though and call it morning sickness.

Tink1987 12-03-2012 05:03 PM

Being an absolute royalist, I am over the moon for them! :)

Wills Mom 12-03-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wideeyes

I've had it twice and it is an awful illness. Not many people understand it though and call it morning sickness.

Ooh twice! Thats kinda whats scaring me off having another lol! Labour was a breeze though in comparison, so so so easy! 8 hours of pain compared to 9 months of misery! There's no contest as to which I would choose to re-live. And having it called morning sickness just really annoys me - of all the coverage her pregnancy gets in the press I really hope that some people will focus on this. Its definitely more important than what she wears!!

pascalstongue 12-03-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queendisney
Happy for them both BUT its going to drive me potty for the next X amt of months with the press coverage...

Will it be a boy
will it be a girl
will it be twins
will it be called Diana if its a girl
the odds on other names, with the going back in history to what they may call the baby
Doesn't Kate look good
Doesn't Kate look awful
The low down on EVERYTHING she is wearing throughout the pregnancy...

Lordy...here we go:rotfl:

Me too. She isn't even 12 weeks yet so we have many months ahead of speculation about everything. I am very happy for them though.

wideeyes 12-04-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wills Mom

Ooh twice! Thats kinda whats scaring me off having another lol! Labour was a breeze though in comparison, so so so easy! 8 hours of pain compared to 9 months of misery! There's no contest as to which I would choose to re-live. And having it called morning sickness just really annoys me - of all the coverage her pregnancy gets in the press I really hope that some people will focus on this. Its definitely more important than what she wears!!

Mine are 10 years apart. My baby girl is 5 months so it is still fresh in my mind. I was in hospital 18 times with it. I agree that while i feel sorry that she has it that i hope ithe illness is becomes more understood.

Wills Mom 12-04-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wideeyes

Mine are 10 years apart. My baby girl is 5 months so it is still fresh in my mind. I was in hospital 18 times with it. I agree that while i feel sorry that she has it that i hope ithe illness is becomes more understood.

Woah 18 times!! I don't think I would have survived that! I was in 3 times for 24 hours on an IV and on 2 other occasions I was kept in for 5 days on an IV. It lasted 20 weeks and after it had gone I was left a size 6-8 and 21lbs lighter and it left behind lots of other problens that lead to hospital stays! It made carrying my son so hard - my sister still says I looked like Bella in Breaking Dawn part 1! Skin and bone and bump, all pale with black marks under my eyes. And I had such low blood pressure I couldn't be left alone cause I kept fainting - added to that I went into early labour on New Years Eve and was on bed rest for the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy its safe to say hyperemesis made pregnancy the most miserable time of my life! My son is worth every second though :) I just wish people knew about this condition - I went to my GP at 8 weeks pregnant and he told me it was normal and that I had to deal with it - a week later I fainted for the first time and ended up in hospital where they gave out to me for not being seen sooner as I could have harmed my child!!! If my GP had taken me more seriously it might not have came to that!!

startrekkie 12-04-2012 12:48 PM

as I am a royalist too congratulations to Kate and William, I'm sure they will make great parents:):)

luke 12-05-2012 04:46 AM

I'm going to go against the grain here, but I really couldn't care less about a 'royal baby'.
Sure I'm as happy for them as I am for anyone who is having a baby, but as said above, the media coverage will be unbearable!

Rich, privileged people who have nothing in common with most folk, just like their wedding I don't get the excitement.

:goodvibes

meggiebeth 12-05-2012 07:30 AM

I'm glad for them, but am dreading all the media coverage. And it most likely will be things like
'Kate stays stylish even when pregnant' and 'boy or girl... The undiscovered secret' **groan**

Since they've been married people have been basically waiting for this news! The couple must be so excited (I am not really a royalist).

The people that annoy me are Beatrice and Eugenie. They dont do any royal duties and cost a lot... For example with bodyguards. Really? Kate seems to be working so hard on all these tours and things, so I don't really envy her wealth.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.