The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What can you fit in the stateroom safe (Fantasy)? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028477)

jtkboston 12-02-2012 08:21 PM

What can you fit in the stateroom safe (Fantasy)?

How many items, and what size, will fit in the stateroom safes on the Fantasy? (category 5C if that matters)

For example, will iPad(s) fit? laptops (what dimensions have you made fit)?

goofy's gal 12-02-2012 09:38 PM

Definitely an iPad, but not sure about a laptop. We had plenty of room in ours for jewelry case, wallet, passports, cellphones, etc

Plaid Princess 12-02-2012 10:11 PM

If you're that concerned about your laptop, you should leave it at home. The Hardworking stateroom hosts aren't going to risk a lucrative job and medical insurance for a laptop.

onecoolpilot 12-02-2012 11:00 PM

We had 2 ipads in cases, 3 phones, 2 wallets and a small documents envelope (about 4" tall x 7" long)

darkwing818 12-03-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofy's gal (Post 46839079)
Definitely an iPad, but not sure about a laptop. We had plenty of room in ours for jewelry case, wallet, passports, cellphones, etc

Add a kindle to the above & there is still a little room for car keys etc. :thumbsup2

sue 12-03-2012 11:49 AM

We sailed on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago and we had 2 ipads, 3 small purses( a little larger than a clutch style) 1 camera bag that had a digital and small movie camera in it, passports, 4 cell phones, 2 file folders with documents and 2 wallets all in the safe and it closed with no problem. I do think you could fit a laptop in it with no problem. The file folder when placed inside had a additional 4-5 inches in length to go and probably another 3-4 inches in width to go. The safe is approx. 5-6 inches in height.

FriendOfFanatic 12-03-2012 01:48 PM

A 13 inch laptop (my 13.3 mackbook pro) fits fine. I do not know if a 15 inch would fit (I do not have one).

We fit the above laptop, ipad, two phones, two wavephones, large bag with passports, purse, wallet, two gameboys, two ipods, and three small cameras with a tiny bit of room to spare.

jtkboston 12-03-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaid Princess
If you're that concerned about your laptop, you should leave it at home. The Hardworking stateroom hosts aren't going to risk a lucrative job and medical insurance for a laptop.

Well, the only reason for a laptop would be surplus entertainment. It is likely to remain at home though...this is a vacation after all!

jillgunter 12-03-2012 09:29 PM

Safe in our veranda room was huge! My MacBook Pro fit in it along with 2 iPads, a kindle fire and mis stuff like passports and money etc.