The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Trails end buffet question.... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3027922)

DonnaDuck333 12-01-2012 08:42 AM

Trails end buffet question....
 
Do they offer the pulled pork and brisket as one of their selections, and if yes, is it similar tasting to the skillet one in whispering canyon... So disappointed they removed the BBQ brisket from the skillet it was the best thing on it for us, looking for an alternative to this... anyone know the meat offerings at the buffet... Thank you, a family full of meat eaters,:)

TheRustyScupper 12-01-2012 02:53 PM

Trail's Menu:
. . . soup of the day,
. . . chili,
. . . salad bar,
. . . peel-and-eat shrimp,
. . . Chef's choice of veggies,
. . . smoked pork ribs,
. . . fried chicken, pasta,
. . . hand-carved roasted meats,
. . . pizza slices, fresh catch of the day,
. . . home-made fruit cobbler,
. . . soft serve ice cream

North of Mouse 12-02-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnaDuck333 (Post 46828423)
Do they offer the pulled pork and brisket as one of their selections, and if yes, is it similar tasting to the skillet one in whispering canyon... So disappointed they removed the BBQ brisket from the skillet it was the best thing on it for us, looking for an alternative to this... anyone know the meat offerings at the buffet... Thank you, a family full of meat eaters,:)

Just ate at Trail's end Thurs. night and yes, the smoked brisket was on the menu and it was soooo delicious. Between that and the ribs, they made my night ;) Everything was so good. Hadn't eaten there in several years as was a tad disappointed the last time in their food offerings, but they are definitely *with it* now :thumbsup2

There was brisket, ribs, chicken, pulled chicken/pork (not sure), cut to order pork lion, chili, maybe more, not sure. But, one thing, it was *all* very good!!!!

There was also a potato bar which was very good!

DonnaDuck333 12-02-2012 01:17 PM

Thank you very much, this was exactly what I was hoping for... Very helpful in my decision... much appreciation :thumbsup2

Quote:

Originally Posted by North of Mouse (Post 46834178)
Just ate at Trail's end Thurs. night and yes, the smoked brisket was on the menu and it was soooo delicious. Between that and the ribs, they made my night ;) Everything was so good. Hadn't eaten there in several years as was a tad disappointed the last time in their food offerings, but they are definitely *with it* now :thumbsup2

There was brisket, ribs, chicken, pulled chicken/pork (not sure), cut to order pork lion, chili, maybe more, not sure. But, one thing, it was *all* very good!!!!

There was also a potato bar which was very good!


DonnaDuck333 12-02-2012 01:18 PM

Thank you for your help.... :)


Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper (Post 46830393)
Trail's Menu:
. . . soup of the day,
. . . chili,
. . . salad bar,
. . . peel-and-eat shrimp,
. . . Chef's choice of veggies,
. . . smoked pork ribs,
. . . fried chicken, pasta,
. . . hand-carved roasted meats,
. . . pizza slices, fresh catch of the day,
. . . home-made fruit cobbler,
. . . soft serve ice cream


patriciaofoz 12-02-2012 01:33 PM

We are having Christmas Day lunch at Trail's End. We're very much looking forward to it!

DonnaDuck333 12-02-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriciaofoz (Post 46836210)
We are having Christmas Day lunch at Trail's End. We're very much looking forward to it!

Have to let us know how the lunch was there :) ... What a special time to go at Christmas, enjoy!!!!!pixiedust:

North of Mouse 12-02-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriciaofoz (Post 46836210)
We are having Christmas Day lunch at Trail's End. We're very much looking forward to it!

Just be aware that unless lunch on christmas day is different than now, it is *nothing* like the dinner. I haven't checked this trip, but is not a buffet and doesn't come close to the meal at night. :goodvibes

ajasmom 12-06-2012 08:25 PM

Going to WDW in a few weeks trying to figure out food budget. What is the Adult price for the Trails End dinner Buffet. I am planning on using gift cards for our food expenses. Thanks.:)

North of Mouse 12-06-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajasmom (Post 46872032)
Going to WDW in a few weeks trying to figure out food budget. What is the Adult price for the Trails End dinner Buffet. I am planning on using gift cards for our food expenses. Thanks.:)

Our meals for the dinner buffet was $22.99 + tax.

Meredisney 12-07-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by North of Mouse (Post 46834178)
Just ate at Trail's end Thurs. night and yes, the smoked brisket was on the menu and it was soooo delicious. Between that and the ribs, they made my night ;) Everything was so good. Hadn't eaten there in several years as was a tad disappointed the last time in their food offerings, but they are definitely *with it* now :thumbsup2

There was brisket, ribs, chicken, pulled chicken/pork (not sure), cut to order pork lion, chili, maybe more, not sure. But, one thing, it was *all* very good!!!!

There was also a potato bar which was very good!

Did they still have the Mashed Potatoes with gravy and the pasta bar with marinara or cheese sauce mentioned in the disneyfoodblog... http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/1...ed-potato-bar/


Oh, do you remeber if they had the Tomato Basil Soup?

We are heading there for dinner during our stay next week and really looking foward to it.

ajasmom 12-07-2012 12:35 PM

Thank you for the price update that is very helpful. :cool1:

yolie912 12-07-2012 04:52 PM

Do they have the same menu for Christmas Dinner?
Does it change? Thank you!

North of Mouse 12-07-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meredisney (Post 46875903)
Did they still have the Mashed Potatoes with gravy and the pasta bar with marinara or cheese sauce mentioned in the disneyfoodblog... http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/1...ed-potato-bar/


Oh, do you remeber if they had the Tomato Basil Soup?

We are heading there for dinner during our stay next week and really looking foward to it.

They had the potatoes w/gravy, and I'm fairly sure the pasta bar (didn't eat any of that), also didn't eat soup, so don't remember - sorry! It was an excellent meal though ;)

North of Mouse 12-07-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yolie912 (Post 46877801)
Do they have the same menu for Christmas Dinner?
Does it change? Thank you!

Sorry, don't know that one! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.