The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   So which resort would you like to be stuck at during a rainstorm? (fun question) (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3027828)

amg35 11-30-2012 09:35 PM

So which resort would you like to be stuck at during a rainstorm? (fun question)

Say (god forbid) you're in Disney during a few bad rain days -like washed out...which would be your favorite resort to stay in as far as things to do?

---purely for fun, so don't say you'd go to the parks anyways!:rotfl:

While I don't feel the need to stay at the Contemporary, I do feel this would be a good one during a rainstorm, everything is inside! Restaurants, bar, stores, arcade, all inside....but, it's not my favorite resort. Although, I could pass a lot of time in the Poly lobby....

How about you?

minnie mum 11-30-2012 11:40 PM

I'll take the AKL, thanks. I definitely would want to be in a resort that had only a single building (so I didn't have to venture outsided at all), so that pretty much eliminates all of the values and mods and some of the deluxes.

AKL would be great- lots of restaurants to choose from. Cosy nooks to settle down and read. Storytellers and CMs leading crafts projects. That would suit me just fine.

shopn24seven 12-01-2012 12:33 AM

GF, hands.down.

IMGONNABE40! 12-01-2012 12:39 AM

During my January 2010 trip the temps were in the 20's and 30's! Too bloomin' cold to enjoy a theme park. I finally gave up and bought a book and decided to be "stuck" at my resort--Wilderness Lodge. Great place to be stuck. Everything was in one building and a couple of fireplaces to sit and read in front of. Nice quiet lounge for an adult beverage.

But, stuck on a rainy day? Yeah, I'd give AKL a try. Would make it to the culinary tour for sure. And, there are a few covered outdoor decks that would be great places to enjoy a good storm.

aubriee 12-01-2012 04:20 AM

AKL or WL. I love their lobbies and would have no problem curling up in front of their fireplaces with my Kindle.

Mousemommy1 12-01-2012 07:16 AM

Definitely WL. :goodvibes

goofy4tink 12-01-2012 09:54 AM

WL or AKL...for those same reasons. Love the little nooks and crannies to just curl up and read in...and those fireplaces are to die for!!!!!

Scott MC 12-01-2012 10:31 AM

For the views...I'd pick the Polynesian. I think it'd be like being in "South Pacific."

For convenience though, I'd pick the BC or YC...because it's all one building and you can eat, DRINK, lounge, shop, etc., all without going outside.

dISNEYlOveer 12-01-2012 01:02 PM

Hmmm... I dont know what one I would want to be at. Probably the Contemporary because I can shop, eat, look out at the MK, and watch the monorails go about.

Simba's Girl 12-01-2012 01:27 PM

WL without a doubt:thumbsup2

jade1 12-01-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simba's Girl (Post 46829973)
WL without a doubt:thumbsup2

This kinda happened to me actually about 12 years ago. Was by myself in Orlando for biz a few days (airport hotel) and just poured and I had no park passes anyway. Headed to WL and at the gate just said I was going in for lunch or something, anyway they let me park. Ate lunch, strolled around, ended up on the top lobby floor snorring on a couch. It was great.

KarBear 12-01-2012 02:13 PM

We were caught in a terrible storm two years ago while staying at AKL and now I would not want to be anywhere else. They had the game room open and all games were free, activites in the lobby and we didn't have to get wet!

ke3d98 12-01-2012 04:48 PM

POFQ because it's still gorgous and magical in the rain!princess:

Lehuaann 12-01-2012 04:59 PM

AKL. I've been there during a rainstorm and it was lovely. WL or FW Cabin, I'd take those, too.

Poly, not so much. However, looking outside, the storm definitely made it feel like I was in Hawaii which was kinda neat. But nobody wanted to leave the longhouse and walk to the CH, or go out on a wet sandy beach, etc.

bowbat 12-01-2012 05:41 PM

First choice WL, for the aforementioned cozy nooks & fireplaces and because it's all under one roof.

Second choice, GF (assuming I was staying in the main building) -- shopping, dining, listening to the music with a glass of wine in my hand.

I've stayed at Poly during rainstorms. Mama no like. :sad2: