The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   at Harrods now! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3027487)

tinkerbells mum 11-30-2012 07:08 AM

at Harrods now!
 
We've just sat down in the Disney cafe in Harrods for lunch it looks lovely a real good Disney fix!

queendisney 11-30-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum (Post 46820911)
We've just sat down in the Disney cafe in Harrods for lunch it looks lovely a real good Disney fix!


I pop into London quite frequently and had absolutely no idea that there was a Disney Cafe in Harrods. Just googled it and think the menu looks good.
Hope you had a great lunch. Was going to pop into the V&A museum in January (down the road from Harrods) so think I'd better go and have lunch in Harrods as it would be rude not too..:goodvibes

tinkerbells mum 12-01-2012 04:13 AM

The food was lovely. It was really busy I asked the waitress if they'll keep e cafe there after Christmas and she said they are goin to see how busy it is once the grotto closes. The kids got free ears after the meal, Minnie ears for the girls and sorcerer Mickey for the boys. If you get a chance do go xx

queendisney 12-01-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum (Post 46827494)
The food was lovely. It was really busy I asked the waitress if they'll keep e cafe there after Christmas and she said they are goin to see how busy it is once the grotto closes. The kids got free ears after the meal, Minnie ears for the girls and sorcerer Mickey for the boys. If you get a chance do go xx


oh no....didn't realise it was a just a Christmas thing:sad1: I hope they do keep it as I really want to go now and was definately avoiding going into London this side of Christmas. :santa:

Glad a good time was had by all.:goodvibes

sharon78 12-01-2012 11:14 AM

Sounds and looks really lovely, it would be great if they did keep it there after christmas, it would be a lovely bit of Disney magic for my DD's 18th b'day in february pixiedust:

tinkerbells mum 12-01-2012 01:24 PM

It really was disney magic. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table so if it stays busy hopefully they'll keep it there. It wasn't very well 'signposted' so I just hope that people will still be able to find it once the grotto closes. It would be great if disney realised what a great market there is for disney cafes in UK, hope you get to go xx

Jonjo 12-02-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum (Post 46829961)
It really was disney magic. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table so if it stays busy hopefully they'll keep it there. It wasn't very well 'signposted' so I just hope that people will still be able to find it once the grotto closes. It would be great if disney realised what a great market there is for disney cafes in UK, hope you get to go xx

At a Euro Disney SCA shareholders meeting a few years ago it was mentioned that they were looking into expanding into Europe with Disney Stores with themed resturants next door which would feature Disney Character dining experiances. A kind of mini Disney Village / Downtown Disney shopping, experiance. Then the financial crisis hit and the plans were shelved.

I visted the Harrods store a few weeks ago, for a pop-up store it is very well themed. The cafe was not open then but I'm in London again next week so might be poping in again to visit the cafe.

meggiebeth 12-04-2012 04:55 PM

I really have to go and see it! Hopefully Sunday will be a bit quieter than Saturday. Saturdays at Harrods are :crowded: :rotfl2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.