The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   DCL Transport and Porter Tips (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3027421)

shburks 11-29-2012 10:37 PM

DCL Transport and Porter Tips

If we stay at Hyatt at MCO and take Disney transport to port (and then port to resort), no porters to tip, right? Trying to think about cash needed!

mmouse37 11-29-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shburks (Post 46819624)
If we stay at Hyatt at MCO and take Disney transport to port (and then port to resort), no porters to tip, right? Trying to think about cash needed!

On the return to WDW from the port you must claim your own luggage from the terminal (Disney does not magically transport it like they do on the front end).

So, you could bring your own bags to the DCL bus but we prefer to have a porter handle it. $2 per bag is average tip for porters.

MJ

MagicMe 11-29-2012 11:08 PM

Actually if you take DCL transportation back to MCO and fly on an on board check in participating airline then DCL does magically transport your luggage directly to the airport. You put it outside your cabin the night before debarkation and won't see it again until you arrive at your destination airport.

So there are no porters to tip.

mmouse37 11-29-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicMe (Post 46819809)
Actually if you take DCL transportation back to MCO and fly on an on board check in participating airline then DCL does magically transport your luggage directly to the airport. You put it outside your cabin the night before debarkation and won't see it again until you arrive at your destination airport.

So there are no porters to tip.

Yes, but OP was talking about going back to the resort, not the airport. I would have explained the Onboard Airline Check-In policy had the OP said they were going to the airport and suggest using the service. Did not want to confuse the issue with giving a policy they were not inquiring about.

MJ

Green Tea 11-30-2012 09:10 AM

You may want to tip the bus driver.

Jestocost 11-30-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Tea (Post 46821250)
You may want to tip the bus driver.

If the driver handles any bags that need to go under the bus, then a tip would be customary. Otherwise tips for the driver would be at the option of the passenger.

shburks 11-30-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jestocost

If the driver handles any bags that need to go under the bus, then a tip would be customary. Otherwise tips for the driver would be at the option of the passenger.

Thanks. Is that typical for him to handle our bags? It'll just be DS and I on this cruise so I feel confident that we can get our two bags out without a porter to the bus but will the driver take our bags and put them under the bus or do I just do that myself? Just trying to understand the process!

Jillpie 11-30-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shburks (Post 46826349)
Thanks. Is that typical for him to handle our bags? It'll just be DS and I on this cruise so I feel confident that we can get our two bags out without a porter to the bus but will the driver take our bags and put them under the bus or do I just do that myself? Just trying to understand the process!

I haven't done it before from the port, but I am going to assume it is just like the ME driver at the airport, and he takes your luggage and places it underneath the bus himself. He likes to arrange it all according to the hotel you're staying at.

I have a question in relation to all this however... Why don't they have a similar ME process from port to Disney hotel? Wouldn't that make sense?