The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   checking in at MCO (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3027333)

OMD13 11-29-2012 06:33 PM

checking in at MCO

We are staying at the Hyatt the night before our cruise and taking Disney bus to the port. I know we will be checking in at the Disney Cruise line counter at the ariport. Do we still have to do online checkin? I am a little confused about the process.

TIGGER/POOH4 11-29-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMD13 (Post 46817986)
We are staying at the Hyatt the night before our cruise and taking Disney bus to the port. I know we will be checking in at the Disney Cruise line counter at the ariport. Do we still have to do online checkin? I am a little confused about the process.

Yes you should still do the online checkin. It will save you time at MCO. The difference is you do not have to worry about your arrival time. Just sign up for whatever time is available just to fill out the form. FYI here are the MCO Hyatt checkin procedures. Have a magical cruise. :thumbsup2

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...ns_page1-1.jpg

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...ns_page2-1.jpg

kcashner 11-29-2012 08:06 PM

On line check in just makes your life easier. It also gives DCL an idea of how many people will be wanting an early bus.

So yes, do it. And it won't matter what terminal arrival time you choose--pick anything that is open. DO remember to tell them that you are on DCL when you check in at the Hyatt and watch them write your name on the list; they will also give you a form to hand to the CM at the Welcome Center desk in the morning; it is their way of double checking that they have all the bags. The Hyatt list tells the Hyatt to get the bags, the Welcome Center form tells DCL to be sure they GOT the bags.

shburks 11-29-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER/POOH4

Yes you should still do the online checkin. It will save you time at MCO. The difference is you do not have to worry about your arrival time. Just sign up for whatever time is available just to fill out the form. FYI here are the MCO Hyatt checkin procedures. Have a magical cruise. :thumbsup2

Thanks for this!!

MichelleVW 11-30-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcashner (Post 46818619)
On line check in just makes your life easier. It also gives DCL an idea of how many people will be wanting an early bus.

So yes, do it. And it won't matter what terminal arrival time you choose--pick anything that is open. DO remember to tell them that you are on DCL when you check in at the Hyatt and watch them write your name on the list; they will also give you a form to hand to the CM at the Welcome Center desk in the morning; it is their way of double checking that they have all the bags. The Hyatt list tells the Hyatt to get the bags, the Welcome Center form tells DCL to be sure they GOT the bags.

That's good to know because of course I'm freaking out about them forgetting my luggage Lol!

Calfan 11-30-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER/POOH4 (Post 46818272)

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...ns_page1-1.jpg

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...ns_page2-1.jpg

Did the Hyatt provide these forms and information when you checked in? I assume so and that they didn't come from DCL. We will be staying at the Hyatt MCO before our cruise in April. First time staying there, so I am trying to figure this all out.

Calfan 11-30-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcashner (Post 46818619)

We are concierge for our April cruise and staying at the Hyatt MCO. Does it still make sense for us to do the cruise check-in at MCO, or just wait until we get to the terminal and do the concierge check-in there?

OMD13 11-30-2012 06:10 PM

Thanks for all the info.

TIGGER/POOH4 11-30-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calfan (Post 46824756)
Did the Hyatt provide these forms and information when you checked in? I assume so and that they didn't come from DCL. We will be staying at the Hyatt MCO before our cruise in April. First time staying there, so I am trying to figure this all out.

Yes I did get this form from the Hyatt. If you tell the Hyatt associate at checkin that you are on the Disney cruise the next morning they will give you this form.

bzzelady 11-30-2012 07:02 PM

Thank you...this is really helpful information :)

TIGGER/POOH4 11-30-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calfan (Post 46824766)
We are concierge for our April cruise and staying at the Hyatt MCO. Does it still make sense for us to do the cruise check-in at MCO, or just wait until we get to the terminal and do the concierge check-in there?

I would checkin at the airport. Since you already have to checkin at the airport for the DCL transport that it is only a few more minutes to complete the checkin for the ship. You will have to wait for the bus so there is no time lost. If you do not checkin at MCO then you will have to checkin at the airport.

mrkyyyle 11-30-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calfan (Post 46824766)

We did the Hyatt stay the night before on our October cruise and we weren't even allowed to check in and get our KTTW card at the airport then, we just got the bus boarding assigned. There wasn't any wait when we got to the concierge desk at the terminal so didn't bother us any :)

I don't know if they were trying out something new or not.

Calfan 11-30-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER/POOH4 (Post 46825194)
Yes I did get this form from the Hyatt. If you tell the Hyatt associate at checkin that you are on the Disney cruise the next morning they will give you this form.

Thanks!

Calfan 11-30-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER/POOH4 (Post 46825221)
I would checkin at the airport. Since you already have to checkin at the airport for the DCL transport that it is only a few more minutes to complete the checkin for the ship. You will have to wait for the bus so there is no time lost. If you do not checkin at MCO then you will have to checkin at the airport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkyyyle (Post 46825301)
We did the Hyatt stay the night before on our October cruise and we weren't even allowed to check in and get our KTTW card at the airport then, we just got the bus boarding assigned. There wasn't any wait when we got to the concierge desk at the terminal so didn't bother us any :)

Thanks for the responses. I will ask about cruise check-in when we check in at MCO for our DCL transportation to the port. I am not overly concerned about it since this will be our first time in concierge, and I am curious to see how the port check-in experience differs from our other cruises. Some folks think the best thing about concierge is the way check-in/boarding are handled at the port. Plus we are typically early port terminal arrivers.

IBelieveInTheMagic 11-30-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkyyyle (Post 46825301)

Yikes!!! I sure hope this hasn't changed recently! My Mom and I are doing this in about a week and this is one of the biggest advantages of staying at the MCO Hyatt. I hope some others will chime that have done this October forward. I remember another poster in a thread I had about this subject awhile back had hinted about this so I hope it really hasn't changed already :(

Thanks
Heather