The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Double Dip Castaway Cay and/or New Year's Eve Sailing vets (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3027324)

CandCMommy 11-29-2012 05:09 PM

Double Dip Castaway Cay and/or New Year's Eve Sailing vets

We are on this years Castaway Cay Double Dip New Year's Eve sailing and received an email from Disney that said there were no formal nights on our itinerary. Is this really the case? :confused3 I've done three night cruises before that had a formal night. I just don't want to get down there and find out we really did need formal wear. Am I to assume it's cruise casual all week? Here is the direct line from the email:
Your voyage does not include any formal evenings.

Also, does anyone know if It's a Small World Nursery is open on New Year's Eve? Online it shows it closing at 9pm but staying open until Midnight on January 1st. That seems kinda backwards to me. Any previous cruisers have experience with this?

I cannot believe we are sailing in 29 days and leaving in 23! Oh my, better get to work on my packing list! :scared1:

PrincessShmoo 11-29-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandCMommy (Post 46817820)
We are on this years Castaway Cay Double Dip New Year's Eve sailing and received an email from Disney that said there were no formal nights on our itinerary. Is this really the case? :confused3 I've done three night cruises before that had a formal night. I just don't want to get down there and find out we really did need formal wear. Am I to assume it's cruise casual all week? Here is the direct line from the email:
Your voyage does not include any formal evenings.

Also, does anyone know if It's a Small World Nursery is open on New Year's Eve? Online it shows it closing at 9pm but staying open until Midnight on January 1st. That seems kinda backwards to me. Any previous cruisers have experience with this?

I cannot believe we are sailing in 29 days and leaving in 23! Oh my, better get to work on my packing list! :scared1:

Which cruise are you on? The Dream 3 & 4 night cruises don't have a formal night. There is a "dress up optional" night.

:cutie:

CandCMommy 11-29-2012 05:24 PM

We are actually on the 5 night Dream cruise that departs December 28th. Should I assume that the 5 night follows the same "dress up optional" night as the 3 & 4 night cruises?

neg58 11-29-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 46817885)
Which cruise are you on? The Dream 3 & 4 night cruises don't have a formal night. There is a "dress up optional" night.

And a lot, and I mean a LOT, of people on my recent 4 night Dream cruise dressed up. Many were having pictures taken, I'm sure for holiday cards. It really is up to you. I don't think those people minded that everyone wasn't dressed for the Ritz, and I didn't mind that they were.

Nancy

lucky1 11-29-2012 05:28 PM

Don't know.. we were on a 7 Night NYE cruise and "Formal" night was NYE.

PrincessShmoo 11-29-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandCMommy (Post 46817917)
We are actually on the 5 night Dream cruise that departs December 28th. Should I assume that the 5 night follows the same "dress up optional" night as the 3 & 4 night cruises?

Sorry, can't say for sure. I know that some past 5 night cruises (different itineraries) had a semi-formal night. I would think if DCL sent you an email saying there isn't going to be a formal night, I'd go with that.

My "just in case" outfit for fancy nights is a pair of black dress slacks and a sparkley top.

SnowWhite2 11-29-2012 06:59 PM

We were on the 5 day double dip Dream NYE cruise last year. Formal night (or semi-formal, not sure what it was called) was on NYE. Those who dressed up did so on NYE. Do whatever you feel comfortable with for your cruise.

Ky Cruisin 11-29-2012 07:07 PM

I have seen this conversation several places on the forum..all of the past NYE cruises we have taken with DCL NYE was formal night, but they have all been 7 night cruises. I called CS not once but twice to confirm....Pirate night will be Dec.30th and formal night will be Dec.31st. I too did not want to pack and order formalwear if it wasn't needed, but have been assured that this correct. Can't imagine NYE and not dressing up..but should be fun after spending all day at Atlantis. :rotfl2: It's just around the corner!!

geoly1 12-01-2012 12:27 PM

Hi! We are on this cruise with extended family & we are dressing up for nye! Also found out that pirate nite is on day 2 (sail day) have fun!!!

orum 12-01-2012 12:46 PM

I received an email this week stating that Pirate Night had been moved to the 29th.

I also called Disney Cruise Line yesterday because of the confusion on NYE. They said that NYE would be a formal night and they had just gotten the information. I told them that we had all received an email that there was no formal night. The thought we would receive a new email shortly.

Also, this coversation has been going on at the end of the cruise meet up thread here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2764188

Dan