The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Options on Cat 5B--Dream? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3027187)

twinone 11-29-2012 11:26 AM

Options on Cat 5B--Dream?

Were booked for end of Jan on the Dream, we had a 6B GTY and just got out assissments, were travel with my sisters family and received the upgrade to 5B (cabins 8566 and 8562) thoughts on the Cat and location?
I was hoping for connecting rooms but it didn't happen, I guess that's not possible with a GTY

Lisa Lisa 11-29-2012 12:25 PM

I like the location of the rooms -- you are near the forward elevators without being too close and you're in a quiet location with nothing obviously loud above or below. My understanding is that the category 6 rooms have verandahs with whitewalls where the category 5s have plexiglass. Some people don't mind that, while others feel that it obstructs their view. Aside from the fact that the rooms aren't connecting, I think you did very well!

Pocahantas 11-29-2012 12:49 PM

We were in 8562 in June and loved the location!! Congrats and I hope you enjoy your cruise :thumbsup2

twinone 11-29-2012 08:03 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback

STLEdge 11-30-2012 09:19 AM

We were in 8566 on the Fantasy this October. I am fairly certain that's precisely the same location as it is on the Dream. We loved it. It's very close to the midship elevators without being so close that you hear noise in the stateroom. Having cruised much further aft before, we really appreciated the convenience of being midship versus aft, particularly because of not having to go through Cabanas every time we went up to Deck 11.

There's nothing special about the verandah - it's the basic category 5 verandah with a plexiglass wall.

jahber 11-30-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinone
Were booked for end of Jan on the Dream, we had a 6B GTY and just got out assissments, were travel with my sisters family and received the upgrade to 5B (cabins 8566 and 8562) thoughts on the Cat and location?
I was hoping for connecting rooms but it didn't happen, I guess that's not possible with a GTY

We had rooms just a few doors down the hall from this room and loved it. Deck 8 on the new ships is my favorite deck.

And it IS possible to receive connecting rooms on a GTY. We did, although it really just depends on the availability of rooms. We were upgraded because of a mistake in our booking (not our fault) and there were at least two sets of connecting rooms available in our upgraded category when we booked. Normally it would be impossible to tell if rooms are available. But if they end up upgrading you to a category that's not GTY, there's a chance you could get connecting rooms. I suppose there's also a chance in the original GTY cat, as well, but we never count on connecting rooms when we book GTY. We just aim for the same floor.