The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Discount Codes and Rates (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Discounts coming? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3027134)

cweather 11-29-2012 09:41 AM

Discounts coming?
 
When I got onto WDW site to price out a vacation package today it said that starting December 3rd there would be work done to the online reservation system and that it should be back up December the 4th. Seems like that happened last time when they put out the stay, play, and dine. Anyone have a guess as to when you think the discounts will be?

Shaden 11-29-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cweather (Post 46814385)
When I got onto WDW site to price out a vacation package today it said that starting December 3rd there would be work done to the online reservation system and that it should be back up December the 4th. Seems like that happened last time when they put out the stay, play, and dine. Anyone have a guess as to when you think the discounts will be?

Exact same thing that happened with SPD .... I have been trying to book forever, knowing of course that there would be discounts coming and was originally looking at Feb ... so when the page went down it was a monday or tues, I knew something was coming, and sure enough on weds, boom there it was ! lets HOPE its the same thing again !!!

zales127 11-29-2012 12:31 PM

Please Please Please let it be Free Dining :)

sunsetbeachgal 11-29-2012 12:45 PM

fingers crossed...I saved a vacation price for a June trip that I had looked at on the Disney web site, then a couple of days later they sent an email with an offer number to call about (not a pin number). When I called the "offer" was just for resort rack rate...some offer....Disney, quit getting my hopes up...give us a discount!

Boomdog15 11-29-2012 01:58 PM

We wait every year for the April discount to be released. For the last three years we have booked between Nov. 30th - Dec. 1.

I too am crossing my fingers for discounts this Monday. :thumbsup2

sydneysmom 11-29-2012 02:03 PM

I would be SOOOOOO happy if Monday were discount day!! :rolleyes1 We've got our June trip all booked, so I REALLY want to get some of that credited back. it would be lovely!

HOLY COW!! I just thought of something.... Monday is our 180 days for making ADR's! Is the whole site going to be down or will I still be able to make dining reservations ? (hopefully someone knows....)

zales127 11-29-2012 02:09 PM

Am I dreaming that a better deal than SPD will come up for February????

McKelly 11-29-2012 03:05 PM

I hope so!!! It would make me REALLY happy to save a few bucks for our March vacation.

PlutoJenn 11-29-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydneysmom (Post 46816447)
I would be SOOOOOO happy if Monday were discount day!! :rolleyes1 We've got our June trip all booked, so I REALLY want to get some of that credited back. it would be lovely!

HOLY COW!! I just thought of something.... Monday is our 180 days for making ADR's! Is the whole site going to be down or will I still be able to make dining reservations ? (hopefully someone knows....)


The paragraph starts: "Please be advised that we will be updating our systems to serve you better. During this enhancement, beginning on December 3 at 5 p.m. ET, online bookings and bookings through the Disney Reservation Center will be unavailable. We expect to return to full functionality by the afternoon of December 4. Please note that these dates and times are subject to change. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience."

So your Monday morning festivities won't be affected, but I'd write down all your confirmation numbers to make sure.

aaarcher86 11-29-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydneysmom (Post 46816447)
I would be SOOOOOO happy if Monday were discount day!! :rolleyes1 We've got our June trip all booked, so I REALLY want to get some of that credited back. it would be lovely!

HOLY COW!! I just thought of something.... Monday is our 180 days for making ADR's! Is the whole site going to be down or will I still be able to make dining reservations ? (hopefully someone knows....)

If you can't make them online you can call and make them via the dining line. You could try at 6a EST on the website, if down, start calling at 7a when the lines open up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zales127 (Post 46816508)
Am I dreaming that a better deal than SPD will come up for February????

Probably :lmao: But I'll join your dream train. FD would save us about $500 more.

sydneysmom 11-29-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 46817329)
If you can't make them online you can call and make them via the dining line. You could try at 6a EST on the website, if down, start calling at 7a when the lines open up!

I called them and stupid me...... it says that their site goes down 12.3.12 at 5 pm through mid-day 12.4.12 !!! :rolleyes1 Sooooo...... I'll be able to make our ADR's that morning just fine since it won't go down until dinner time.

if I only read that first..... ;)

Katd52 11-30-2012 08:21 AM

Did anyone notice they changed the wording on the SPD offer? It no longer says "book by December 31st" It doesn't say when it ends.

mchamber99 11-30-2012 09:18 AM

Where are new discounts listed first? Do I check Mousesavers or the Disney Reservation website first? Others? Any thoughts?

cweather 11-30-2012 10:41 AM

I would check the Disney site on the 4th first :-)

LittleStinkerbelle 11-30-2012 11:17 AM

Oh I'm hoping!!!! Our room-only discount for this past April came out a year ago today and I'm really hoping we get something for next year too!:goodvibes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.