The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   bringing our own dress for BBB on Fantasy? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3027090)

dorito6778 11-29-2012 08:23 AM

bringing our own dress for BBB on Fantasy?

this must be allowed, right? i'm OK with shelling out $60 for DD to get made up like a princess, but are their dresses and accessories REALLY worth the extra $125?????????? I'm toying with the idea of buying her a new gown and stuff this holiday and stash it away until we go to the BBB.

lbgraves 11-29-2012 08:28 AM

Of course you can! :)

SamandWill1921 11-29-2012 07:47 PM

That's a great idea! I think a lot of people do this. They will probably go on sale after the holidays too. Maybe make it a surprise, after she gets her hair done go back to the stateroom and have it all wrapped for her.

melaniejh1016 11-29-2012 08:23 PM

That's my plan! I got 2 new Disney store dresses with the Halloween sales and it still cost way less than a dress at the BBB!

1KKH 11-30-2012 12:40 PM

We did this on the Fantasy. I surprised her with the new dress (from the Disney store at home) right before we went to our appointment. We carried it in. They let her change into it in the princess changing roooms- and then did her hair/makeup etc.

FabFivePA 11-30-2012 03:58 PM

Awesome idea! We've done the BBB 3 times at WDW and I've always gotten the dresses first and brought them with us. Plan to do the same for our cruise, unless the kids decide they want to go with the Pirate theme instead and then I might spring for the package since it's much cheaper. LOL

jillgunter 11-30-2012 04:03 PM

Make sure the dress is comfortable. My DDs rapunzel dress was scratchy/itchy and I got it from the Disney Store. It was brand new and I didnt check! I ended up doing the Fantasy package with the tee shirt and tutu. I wanted her to be comfortable all day.

You can also buy the dress down in the gift shop if you wanted. They are $60 I believe. The package the BBB has included things like shoes, tiara, wand etc. Stuff you dont need.

aliron682 11-30-2012 04:59 PM

My cousins booked the whole package deal for their daughters on our cruise 2 weeks ago, but the girls ended up thinking all the dresses were too itchy so they downgraded (DCL refunded the $ no problem) and walked out of there in their bathing suits and shorts, but their hair and make up looked beautiful. They wore dresses they had brought (not princess) and were very happy.
So I think bringing one with you is a prefect idea. But I would suggest making sure it is going to be comfortable for them to wear for a while.

dqjohnson18 12-01-2012 08:00 AM

Question! My DD has a 5:30 appointment on formal night and we have late dinner. Is this going to conflict with the show or meeting the captain? I always bring my own dress when we do it at WDW!!!

lbgraves 12-01-2012 10:02 PM

If you go to BBB ready for dinner, then you will be able to go to the show, have pictures taken in between with the captain and head to dinner. Allow about an hour for the appointment.

dqjohnson18 12-01-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbgraves
If you go to BBB ready for dinner, then you will be able to go to the show, have pictures taken in between with the captain and head to dinner. Allow about an hour for the appointment.

Thank you! What time does the early show start?