The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Question--Buses (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3026686)

sunsetbeachgal 11-28-2012 08:24 AM

Question--Buses
 
We are looking at moderate or value for our June, 2013 trip and I have a quick quesiton about the buses. Are there any resorts where 1)--the resort does NOT normally share buses with any other resort AND 2) there is only one bus stop at the resort?

We stayed at ASMu on a prior trip and the buses were quick and efficient without all of the long stops for loading/unloading along the way. And most of the time it went only to ASMu, not to the other all stars...so not sure if things have changed. I know the values are large and it can be a long walk to the bus stop, but our group is all mobile and we will not have any strollers or scooters so walking not a problem.

Thanks!

CanadianGuy 11-28-2012 08:52 AM

The only resort that NEVER shared buses or had multiple stops at the resort end ... up til this year that I'm aware of was Pop Century. ASMU *sometimes* shares with the other All Stars during low-traffic periods. That's always been the case. Sometimes they share, sometimes they dont.

Pop Century now *sometimes* during low demand shares with AoA I think.. but it all depends on how busy the resort in general is and how many guests etc.

As for the moderates, I believe that the PO resorts both share, Coronado Springs does not share but makes odd stops at the Waterparks sometimes plus has the resort loop on each return and departure. Same goes for Carribbean Beach..

sunsetbeachgal 11-28-2012 09:19 AM

Does Pop Century and AofA each only have one bus stop? We are just trying to avoid the endless lengthy off and on stops, if possible. Thx for your help!

dansdad 11-28-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal (Post 46805649)
Does Pop Century and AofA each only have one bus stop?

Yes.

soccerdad72 11-28-2012 10:01 AM

POFQ only has one bus stop and during busy times of the day (early morning / late evening) does not share buses. During mid-day, buses often stop at PO-Riverside as well (which has 5 or 6 bus stops), however.

sunsetbeachgal 11-28-2012 10:27 AM

Thanks..soccerdad...that is the moderate we were considering, anyhow...

HM 11-28-2012 11:34 AM

At the All Star resorts, they only share buses during the mid-day (slower) hours. The buses are dedicated to one resort during the morning and late night hours.

TDC Nala 11-28-2012 11:37 AM

The only resorts that do not regularly share buses or have multiple bus stops are Pop Century and Art of Animation. I am not aware of them sharing at all. In fact I had the best bus luck I've ever had at Art of Animation. Sorry I only stayed one night, I wanted to see if it held up.

You can't choose a resort based on bus efficiency. It varies. All resorts have good and bad bus experiences.

soccerdad72 11-28-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal (Post 46806196)
Thanks..soccerdad...that is the moderate we were considering, anyhow...

We were just there (from the 17th through the 21st) and overall, I found the bus service to be pretty good. The first day we got there, since we caught the bus at around 1pm, it stopped at all the PO-R stops. Otherwise, they were all direct bus rides. Only one morning was the bus stop really crowded, waiting for a MK bus (two ended up eventually coming back-to-back).

Magical Express was really slow on the way back to the airport, however. Our bus, which had come from at least one other resort before us, also ended up stopping at 4 more resorts before heading to the airport. We were on the bus for about an hour and a half.

ncc1701 11-28-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerdad72 (Post 46806809)
We were just there (from the 17th through the 21st) and overall, I found the bus service to be pretty good. The first day we got there, since we caught the bus at around 1pm, it stopped at all the PO-R stops. Otherwise, they were all direct bus rides. Only one morning was the bus stop really crowded, waiting for a MK bus (two ended up eventually coming back-to-back).

Magical Express was really slow on the way back to the airport, however. Our bus, which had come from at least one other resort before us, also ended up stopping at 4 more resorts before heading to the airport. We were on the bus for about an hour and a half.

Came back from there on the 16th. We had good bus service too except for a 20 min. wait one morning for DHS. Same experience when it came to sharing with POR. Had better luck with ME ,only stopped at SSR.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.