The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How are the beds and WiFi at Coronado (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3026519)

Kcags 11-27-2012 05:28 PM

How are the beds and WiFi at Coronado

Hi all. We'll be arriving at CSR in 12 days! Woohoo! Just wondering if anyone knows from experience how their wifi was. Also, are the beds softer or harder? Thanks!

ArmyVet80 11-27-2012 05:55 PM

The beds were comfortable.. The WiFi is a little sketchy though.. My wife and I got a king bed in our room and it was great. When I got on my computer through their WiFi it would only show up as 3 to 4 bars for the connection. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't what I would think Disney World would have. When you open up your browser it'll automatically open up to the CSR page on the Disney website. That wasn't a big deal but when I tried to get on to this website to check things out it was pretty slow. It could have been where we were located though (Casitas 5). It's not that far from El Centro but I heard that staying closer to El Centro has a better WiFi connection.. Seems to be accurate though because when I would get on my cell phones WiFi at El Centro while getting sodas in the refillable mugs it was a lot quicker.

Mind you.. I have a brand new HP Pavilion dv7 lap top computer that I had bought 5 days before our trip. So I'm hoping it wasn't my computer.. :)

KatMark 11-27-2012 10:03 PM

We have found the newer beds at CSR to be the most comfortable we have ever slept on at Disney. I took my laptop the last time we were at CSR two years ago when you still ahd to pay for the internet connection and I had no problem at that time. I'll be back at CSR in nine days and hope not to have any problems...although all I'll probably be doing with the laptop most of the time is downloading pictures every night...too much I want to see for our first Christmas trip.

Amy&Dan 11-27-2012 10:31 PM

We were at CSR for ten nights a month ago. Beds were VERY comfortable and we found the bedding to be very nice too (nicer than the other mods).

Wifi was a joke inside the room. We had good luck at the pools but inside the room we just gave up. Very annoying. I will add that we had the same issue at CBR last March.

The best wifi coverage I had was at Epcot. I would upload pictures onto facebook there with no issues on my smartphone.

princessallegra 11-27-2012 10:37 PM

Beds are literally the best beds ever. Amazing! We had a king room last time and the bed was enormous! The wifi was free and adequate. Not fast not terrible.

tcp0421 11-27-2012 11:58 PM

I remember reading all the posts about the beds being really comfy. I have problems sleeping and that is the biggest reason we booked. I was disappointed. I'm not sure if I was not so comfy from the mattress or the blankets/ comforter. The bed was pretty hard and the blankets were really stiff. IMO

tweety38 11-28-2012 05:34 AM

We were in Ranchos 7B and wifi was good. Beds were great.

sunsetbeachgal 11-28-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessallegra (Post 46804078)
Beds are literally the best beds ever. Amazing! We had a king room last time and the bed was enormous! The wifi was free and adequate. Not fast not terrible.

Echo these comments 100%!!

party-of-five 11-28-2012 07:41 AM

We arrive at CSR the day after you. :cool1:

We stayed here right after the refurb a few years ago. The beds were on the firm side, but not too firm, IMHO. We all thought they were very comfortable. We liked the bedding too... a comforter rather than a heavy bedspread.

Enjoy your stay!

StitchandPooh'sMom 11-28-2012 12:23 PM

The beds are the best at Disney, IMO. The only ones we have found to be comparable were at BWV (at a much higher price). We liked the CSR beds much better than Poly, OKW, BC and AKL and have slept great at CSR every trip.

We haven't stayed at CSR since the free Wi-Fi started, but it seems to depend very much on your room location. It seems the Casitas have better coverage. They are closer to the convention center - not sure if that is why the coverage seems to be better.