The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Vegetarian California Grill Recos? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3026115)

AlohaPolynesian 11-26-2012 07:09 PM

Vegetarian California Grill Recos?

Hi all,

I am SO excited to have snagged a last minute reservation at California Grill for my trip this coming weekend!

Does anyone have any vegetarian recommendations that they like? Let me know. Thank you!

C

DisneyStarWisher 11-26-2012 08:22 PM

You are SO lucky!!! We ate at CG for the first time in October, and it immediately became my favorite restaurant at WDW. I had a shrimp tempura roll for an appetizer, which is not on the menu but you can request it. For my entree, I chose the oak-fired filet of beef which was amazing! (There is a teriyaki barbecue glaze on it which I liked but my DH didn't care for it. I'm pretty sure you can order it on the side just to be safe.) I chose the bananas and caramel for dessert, so yummy! Enjoy your meal at the fantastic restaurant!!!

JZCubed 11-26-2012 08:30 PM

The Carrot Ravioli were excellent last week.

I shared these 4 over-stuffed pockets of yumminess as an appetizer.....even though the dish appears as an entree.

Enjoy!! We did.popcorn::

And if you're concerned, the chefs at Disney are more than accommodating to dining restrictions.

AlohaPolynesian 11-26-2012 09:49 PM

Thanks! I was a vegan last time I ate at Disney and it was AMAZING!! Especially 'Ohana. Excited to try Cali Grill!!

DisneyStarWisher 11-26-2012 09:55 PM

Oops. Sorry, somehow I missed the vegetarian part in your original post. Probably shouldn't be trying to watch Dancing with the Stars finals and be on the DIS at the same time. You probably aren't interested in the shrimp tempura roll or the filet of beef. I still recommend the bananas and caramel!

AlohaPolynesian 11-26-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher (Post 46795406)
Oops. Sorry, somehow I missed the vegetarian part in your original post. Probably shouldn't be trying to watch Dancing with the Stars finals and be on the DIS at the same time. You probably aren't interested in the shrimp tempura roll or the filet of beef. I still recommend the bananas and caramel!

Hahaha! That is okay! I will pass on your recommendations to my mom.

PS - GO MELISSA AND TONY!

DisneyStarWisher 11-26-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian (Post 46795446)
Hahaha! That is okay! I will pass on your recommendations to my mom.

PS - GO MELISSA AND TONY!

How did you know who I voted for??? Oh my, they are amazing! I so hope they win!!!

TDC Nala 11-27-2012 08:26 AM

If you ask, they will make something for you off-menu. Including vegetarian sushi.

Tigger's ally 11-27-2012 09:11 AM

The three cheese flatbread or the Goat cheese Ravioli can be made into your entre. They also have a veggie pot pie that most veggieholics love. Oh, and the Bannana's foster is loved by everyone regardless of food ethnicity..:rotfl:

AlohaPolynesian 11-27-2012 11:49 AM

Yum yum yum! Thanks all!