The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Camping at Disney World (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I've heard it all..... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025903)

KodiakKort 11-26-2012 12:03 PM

I've heard it all.....

Hi, all. This is my first post even though I've gotten a great deal of info from this site for the past couple of years. I normally just read and follow along, but we just got back from Thanksgiving in loop 1700 and had to let you all know how people never cease to amaze.
On Thanksgiving afternoon, while chatting up one of the great cast members that cart around and clean up, he said that he had just gotten through with putting EXTRA PINE NEEDLES on a site whose campers were due to check in. He said that there are individuals that DEMAND at least four inches of pine needles when they arrive. I'd love to meet these people.
I'm all into "the magic", but come on!

starjazz 11-26-2012 12:19 PM

Bwahahaha....now thats roughing it.

Extra pine needles with a side of memory foam please! :idea:

bama_ed 11-26-2012 06:10 PM

:welcome: KodiakKort nice to have you as a poster and not just a reader.

It sounds like that is "above and beyond" for customer service by the Fort CM's but it's funny what some people will ask for.

How was your Thanksgiving stay at the Fort? I suppose it was crowded. The weather was supposed to have been nice.

Bama ED

tiggerdad 11-26-2012 07:53 PM

I'll have a layer of saw briars and poison ivy if you don't mind...

North of Mouse 11-26-2012 07:58 PM

Wonder why Disney would even consider meeting such a crazy request??? :confused3 I'll never think we're strange again! LOL

North of Mouse 11-26-2012 08:02 PM

We arrive at the Fort tomorrow noon - now I just wonder what special thing we could request??:scratchin

By now, nothing should surprise me - :rolleyes1

angelmom27 11-26-2012 08:44 PM

Well then. Now that is some request. LOL

KodiakKort 11-26-2012 09:32 PM

Thanks, Bama Ed.
Weather was great. No sweating, no freezing. Crowds were just as expected. Only did Epcot on Saturday and the wait for Living with the Land was 30min at 9:45am. I've never seen it NOT a walk on.

rudetreehill 11-26-2012 10:10 PM

Welcome to the world of conversing as opposed to "lurking." Trust me, you'll never go back...

Next time any of us hear someone complaining about Disney no longer being "magic", I suggest we tell them about this story! If extra pine needles on demand ain't magic, I don't know what is!

Tralfie/Richard

Wendy&Grumpy 11-27-2012 04:38 PM

I'm a Mainah who transplanted to Florida three and a half years ago.

I think I might just call and add this request to our Christmas weekend ressie... that way we can feel like we're vacationing in Maine. ;)

rock_doctor 11-28-2012 11:29 AM

They may have a dog and the extra thick layer keeps the dirt off his/her paws and in turn out of the camper/motor home. Might even keep him/her out of the wooded areas... I suspect there is a specific reason over just being high maintenance.

North of Mouse 11-28-2012 02:10 PM

How would you even think of making such a request, and knowing they would honor it? :confused3

PJ 11-28-2012 02:18 PM

This made me chuckle - we're at the Fort now and DH hauled out the broom this morning because the pine needles were bugging him.....

jeepfreak 11-28-2012 07:11 PM

The first call they made when they got to the site was" get someone down here to clean up this mess".

loveshak22 11-28-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepfreak (Post 46810168)
The first call they made when they got to the site was" get someone down here to clean up this mess".

Probably!! :rotfl: