The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   W.I.S.H (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Biggest Loser alumni holiday chat! (All are welcome!) (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025451)

pjlla 11-25-2012 10:23 AM

Biggest Loser alumni holiday chat! (All are welcome!)
 
Welcome everyone to our "between the challenges" holiday chat thread! I know our official thread was getting pretty quiet near the end, but I also know that several of us still wanted a place to chat for now.

What will we talk about? Anything we want! Of course, our primary goal will be to talk about weight loss/maintenance, exercise, and healthy eating. But with the holiday coming up, I'm sure that we will also be talking about gifts and such.

I expect that this will mostly be BL alum here, but EVERYONE is welcome!

Let the chatter begin! ..............P

mikamah 11-25-2012 01:13 PM

Hey Pamela!!! I have missed you and so many other BL friends!! I'd love to join the alumni chat, and let me say, I don't think I need to talk about all I've been eating over the Thanksgiving weekend. lol

Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving!!

I've not been doing great with the weight loss, and have gained quite a bit actually. I just looked back over my numbers, and am up 8 pounds from my january starting weight, though I had gone down in the spring challenge, 9 pounds, sooooo I've put on almost 20 pounds. I am pulling it back together, and have been making some positive changes, and determined to get losing again, and definitely not go any higher. My scrub pants will not allow that, and I will NOT buy a bigger size.

I know when I've done ww in the past, I always said the holidays were a success if I didn't gain any weight over those 5 weeks, and I'd like to lose a few pounds, but honestly will feel successful if I do not gain.

I'm looking forward to getting back involved with Wish again, and reconnecting with you all and hearing how you are all doing. I've missed it here.

Rose&Mike 11-26-2012 04:44 AM

Hi Pamela! I am going to try to be here a bit more. As long as no one complains that this thread moves to fast. haha. Just kidding. Couldn't resist.;)

I am up a few pounds. About 13 from my lowest--but that was when I was sick. I don't think I will ever get that low again, but I would like to take off 5-7 and have challenged myself to 5 pounds before the end of the year. When I started there were 6 Fridays left, now 5. So we'll see.

Mostly I need to eat a bit healthier. I am starting to get more headaches, acid stomach, etc. You know all that stuff that happens when you are eating garbage. Yesterday I had a horrendous migraine which was a huge wakeup call for me.

No reason to wait for January 1st to start. :)

myweegirls 11-26-2012 06:25 AM

Hi - thanks for starting up the chat! :) I'm ready to come down from some indulging this past weekend. Despite running a lot over the holiday, I'm definitely feeling all that food...

I'll be heading to SF this weekend for a surprise visit to my sister (and a holiday party Saturday night) and then on to the Fantasy December 8-15 with a night at POR on the 7th. I don't think this bodes well for heading into the holidays in a good food place, but I have the WDW half marathon in January to keep me honest, right? ;)

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

XO
Liz

lisah0711 11-26-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjlla (Post 46782808)
Welcome everyone to our "between the challenges" holiday chat thread! I know our official thread was getting pretty quiet near the end, but I also know that several of us still wanted a place to chat for now.

Thank you, Pamela, for hostessing the holiday thread! :thanks: :santa:

It was pretty quiet on the challenge thread there at the end but this is a little more relaxed format and I see we've already enticed some folks out of lurkdom. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikamah (Post 46783833)
I'm looking forward to getting back involved with Wish again, and reconnecting with you all and hearing how you are all doing. I've missed it here.

We've missed you, too! :love: Nice to see you! :flower3:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose&Mike (Post 46788391)
Hi Pamela! I am going to try to be here a bit more. As long as no one complains that this thread moves to fast. haha. Just kidding. Couldn't resist.;)

LOL! :rotfl: No worries about that they way things have been moving lately. Nice to see you, too, Rose! :flower3:

We're going to have to see if we can find the rest of our Princesses and Belles. princess: :tink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by myweegirls (Post 46788617)
Hi - thanks for starting up the chat! :) I'm ready to come down from some indulging this past weekend. Despite running a lot over the holiday, I'm definitely feeling all that food...

I'll be heading to SF this weekend for a surprise visit to my sister (and a holiday party Saturday night) and then on to the Fantasy December 8-15 with a night at POR on the 7th. I don't think this bodes well for heading into the holidays in a good food place, but I have the WDW half marathon in January to keep me honest, right? ;)

Nice to see you, too, Liz! How fun to be cruising next month! That is a great way to get yourself ready for my favorite part of training . . . taper! ;) Have you cruised before? I would love to go to Castaway Cay some day. :cool2:

Happy Monday everyone! :santa:

pjlla 11-26-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikamah (Post 46783833)
Hey Pamela!!! I have missed you and so many other BL friends!! I'd love to join the alumni chat, and let me say, I don't think I need to talk about all I've been eating over the Thanksgiving weekend. lol

Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving!!

I've not been doing great with the weight loss, and have gained quite a bit actually. I just looked back over my numbers, and am up 8 pounds from my january starting weight, though I had gone down in the spring challenge, 9 pounds, sooooo I've put on almost 20 pounds. I am pulling it back together, and have been making some positive changes, and determined to get losing again, and definitely not go any higher. My scrub pants will not allow that, and I will NOT buy a bigger size.

I know when I've done ww in the past, I always said the holidays were a success if I didn't gain any weight over those 5 weeks, and I'd like to lose a few pounds, but honestly will feel successful if I do not gain.

I'm looking forward to getting back involved with Wish again, and reconnecting with you all and hearing how you are all doing. I've missed it here.


I've missed you too! Good for you for getting back on track before the holiday season. You will feel so much better by NYE with a maintaining holiday season behind you.

Hope the rest of your household is happy and healthy. I look forward to chatting with you this holiday season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose&Mike (Post 46788391)
Hi Pamela! I am going to try to be here a bit more. As long as no one complains that this thread moves to fast. haha. Just kidding. Couldn't resist.;)

I am up a few pounds. About 13 from my lowest--but that was when I was sick. I don't think I will ever get that low again, but I would like to take off 5-7 and have challenged myself to 5 pounds before the end of the year. When I started there were 6 Fridays left, now 5. So we'll see.

Mostly I need to eat a bit healthier. I am starting to get more headaches, acid stomach, etc. You know all that stuff that happens when you are eating garbage. Yesterday I had a horrendous migraine which was a huge wakeup call for me.

No reason to wait for January 1st to start. :)

Yeah! Another friend I've been missing! So glad you are here with us. Sorry you had such a headache. Hope you are better today. Did DS come home for T.giving?

I was planning a maintain through the holidays, but after this weekend I realize that will be more of a challenge than I planned! Glad we'll be here to help each other!

Quote:

Originally Posted by myweegirls (Post 46788617)
Hi - thanks for starting up the chat! :) I'm ready to come down from some indulging this past weekend. Despite running a lot over the holiday, I'm definitely feeling all that food...

I'll be heading to SF this weekend for a surprise visit to my sister (and a holiday party Saturday night) and then on to the Fantasy December 8-15 with a night at POR on the 7th. I don't think this bodes well for heading into the holidays in a good food place, but I have the WDW half marathon in January to keep me honest, right? ;)

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

XO
Liz

Wow! Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear about it all! But you are right...that marathon on the horizon should help keep you in check.

***********

Happy Monday friends! So VERY, VERY happy to see two old friends and a newer friend here with me. It truly warms my heart and makes me smile!

Rose is right...we have just 5 Fridays (i.e. 5 weigh-ins) left this year! Yikes! But we can definitely finish the year feeling good and positive and in control of our eating!

QOTD just for fun: What is your favorite holiday decorating color scheme? Do you go traditional red and green, sparkly silver, or some totally non-traditional?

BBL to chat some more!...........P

ETA: Lisa! Another friend is here! So glad to see you!

BernardandMissBianca 11-26-2012 09:08 AM

I'm here!!!
I need to get my butt back in gear so bad. Pretty much gained the 12 I lost since the beginning of the year.

So, what do we have planned for now through the end of the year? Anyone going away? We are having a Staycation! My goal is to paint the kitchen.

glss1/2fll 11-26-2012 10:20 AM

Hopped on the scale Saturday morning and it was soooo not a good thing! Busted out my water jug to make sure I am drinking my 64 ounces and now just have to leave those dreaded Costco chocolate covered almonds alone! Drat that hubby for always having them around the house. :headache:

Sorry about the headache and tummy problems, Rose. I feel your pain. I keep saying to myself, "I thought you weren't going to feel so stuffed all the time anymore!" Want that yucky bloated feeling to be a thing of the past! Plus my holiday overeating brought back the acid reflux problems and waking up in the middle of the night is not fun.

Gotta leave for work in 10 minutes and I'm not dressed so better hustle.

bigsis1970 11-26-2012 11:13 AM

Hi ladies... Hope eveyone is well.. I'll be popping in from time to time to see what's shaking.. I did get on the scale Saturday am and still about 5 down from my starting weight so that is ok with me.. hope to just maintain thru the holidays .. I do lots of baking myself and it's hard to not to eat what I make.. but I'm working on it.. Have a great week I'm only working till Wed then on vacation with my hubs for a few days to celebrate our 4 yr anniversary .. :)

pjlla 11-26-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca (Post 46789521)
I'm here!!!
I need to get my butt back in gear so bad. Pretty much gained the 12 I lost since the beginning of the year.

So, what do we have planned for now through the end of the year? Anyone going away? We are having a Staycation! My goal is to paint the kitchen.

:yay: Another old friend is here! I am so excited!
Sorry that you've been struggling with the weight, but I also know life has been crazy for you! Hope things calm down over the holidays.

The remainder of my year will be holiday shopping, swim meets, visiting my Dad after his surgery, work, and the usual crazy amount of driving. Already looking forward to holiday break!

Quote:

Originally Posted by glss1/2fll (Post 46789995)
Hopped on the scale Saturday morning and it was soooo not a good thing! Busted out my water jug to make sure I am drinking my 64 ounces and now just have to leave those dreaded Costco chocolate covered almonds alone! Drat that hubby for always having them around the house. :headache:

Sorry about the headache and tummy problems, Rose. I feel your pain. I keep saying to myself, "I thought you weren't going to feel so stuffed all the time anymore!" Want that yucky bloated feeling to be a thing of the past! Plus my holiday overeating brought back the acid reflux problems and waking up in the middle of the night is not fun.

Gotta leave for work in 10 minutes and I'm not dressed so better hustle.

Get that chocolate out of the house! I have cookie dough in the fridge right now, thanks to my Mom :rolleyes: and I will need to work hard to resist until it is gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigsis1970 (Post 46790309)
Hi ladies... Hope eveyone is well.. I'll be popping in from time to time to see what's shaking.. I did get on the scale Saturday am and still about 5 down from my starting weight so that is ok with me.. hope to just maintain thru the holidays .. I do lots of baking myself and it's hard to not to eat what I make.. but I'm working on it.. Have a great week I'm only working till Wed then on vacation with my hubs for a few days to celebrate our 4 yr anniversary .. :)

Enjoy your vacation and happy anniversary!

*************

I left my exercise clothes on from this morning's run/walk in an effort to make sure I get another short walk tonight. I'm not a heavy sweat-er so that isn't a big deal and I washed my face. I'll hit the sidewalk or the TM at the Y at this afternoon's swim practice. Then I'll do some cross-stitch (while I wait for DD) in an effort to finish a project for Christmas.

Time to check on the vegetable soup I have cooking for tonight!..........P

donac 11-26-2012 03:03 PM

I'm back and will try to check in as often as I can but I have a great deal to do before Christmas comes around.

Rose&Mike 11-26-2012 04:10 PM

Happy belated birthday to Buffy (November 24th). :goodvibes

I hope you had a great day!

myweegirls 11-26-2012 06:43 PM

Hi everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisah0711 (Post 46788879)
Nice to see you, too, Liz! How fun to be cruising next month! That is a great way to get yourself ready for my favorite part of training . . . taper! ;) Have you cruised before? I would love to go to Castaway Cay some day. :cool2:

This is our second Disney cruise, but we were only on our first for two nights (DH for one night) - DH was airlifted off our cruise in June due to a medical emergency & we had to leave the cruise very early on. It was pretty lousy (although Disney was great), and this is our do-over vacation wherein DH (a type 1 diabetic) promises to have no hypoglycemic seizures. :eek: I almost keep forgetting that we're about to go on vacation!

Couldn't quite control the sweet tooth today - I did fine at a work-provided lunch until I hit the Corner Bakery cookie basket. Two giant cookies later, I am experiencing a bit of regret...

XO
Liz

lisah0711 11-26-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myweegirls
Hi everyone!

This is our second Disney cruise, but we were only on our first for two nights (DH for one night) - DH was airlifted off our cruise in June due to a medical emergency & we had to leave the cruise very early on. It was pretty lousy (although Disney was great), and this is our do-over vacation wherein DH (a type 1 diabetic) promises to have no hypoglycemic seizures. :eek: I almost keep forgetting that we're about to go on vacation!

Couldn't quite control the sweet tooth today - I did fine at a work-provided lunch until I hit the Corner Bakery cookie basket. Two giant cookies later, I am experiencing a bit of regret...

XO
Liz

Oh Liz I remember that scary time you had now. :hug: Best wishes for smooth sailing and tons of fun this time around! ::yes::

It's hard to say no to temptation at those long work meetings. :flower3:

Rose&Mike 11-27-2012 07:34 AM

Liz-- I hope this is a much better cruise for you!

I did ok yesterday with the eating. Better than I have in awhile. I am hoping to see a loss this week.

The biggest problem right now is my lack of motivation for marathon training. The good news--I got up and got a good 66 minute workout in. Mentally one of the toughest things for me has been that the longer the distances means slower speeds for me--which is translating to all my runs being a little slower. When I realized this morning that I was still running significantly above my projected race pace for the full, I felt better about it, even if it isn't as fast as I would like to go. I just want to finish uninjured!

Have a great Tuesday. Just being here is motivating me to make some good choices. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.