The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   20% off Galveston Spring 2013 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025386)

cruisecrasher 11-25-2012 06:25 AM

Just off the Magic yesterday and they were offering 20% off OBB of the Magic's spring sailings from the port of Galveston, in addition to the standard $100 and $200 OBC.
This is listed as new bookings only, but Damian at the desk said he'd see what he could do and reshopped our spring cruise at an $800 savings plus OBC and also got our payments wed already made. applied over. Can't hurt to ask, right?
Oh, and this was listed as non concierge only and seemed to have most sail dates for the spring.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...C4F7123E99.jpg

Raspberry Beret 11-25-2012 08:05 AM

That's a great deal!

Looks like they are having a very hard time selling those Galveston sailings. The number of discounts offered on them and the itinerary changes is crazy! ;)

quickcat 11-25-2012 08:07 AM

Thats a good deal, I wish we were cruising earlier. We are going on the March 1 sailing and I dont think there are too many left after that sailing.

Did you have a fun time? We are very excited to be going on the Magic again :) Maybe they'll have a 20% off for a fall cruise... one can hope! ;)

disneyxperts 11-25-2012 09:57 AM

How early does spring start? We're looking at Mid-Jan - but doubt that's covered by this. We sail in 2 weeks so could book OBB :)

kcashner 11-25-2012 11:15 AM

It was very nice of Damien to make the system work for you by applying all your payments. Since I doubt that you were at your penalty date, this was the right thing to do--it IS a new booking, even if he had to cancel the old one to make it so. He did it in the way that made the "paperwork"easy for you, which was great! But worst case, he could have had to do a new booking/new deposit and had you reconcile the reservations once you were home.

Funny--they can't seem to book spring Galveston, but our spring Fantasy has doubled in price since we booked it. I was checking last night about adding a person; they are working on getting pricing for me.

cruisecrasher 11-25-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneyxperts
How early does spring start? We're looking at Mid-Jan - but doubt that's covered by this. We sail in 2 weeks so could book OBB :)

I think it was nearly everything January-May. But I didn't notice if spring break week or the TA were included. Ours is an April 8 night, and I noticed January and February were available for several sailings as well.

Wish I'd taken a better pic!

I did think it was exceptionally kind of Damian. Anyone who smooths over paperwork rocks, in my book.

Oh, and they were doing a drawing of people who booked in the first half of the cruise for OBC for the current sailing. Didn't win, but I thought that was good to know.

MandyGirl 11-25-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisecrasher (Post 46783669)
I think it was nearly everything January-May. But I didn't notice if spring break week or the TA were included. Ours is an April 8 night, and I noticed January and February were available for several sailings as well.

Wish I'd taken a better pic!

I did think it was exceptionally kind of Damian. Anyone who smooths over paperwork rocks, in my book.

Oh, and they were doing a drawing of people who booked in the first half of the cruise for OBC for the current sailing. Didn't win, but I thought that was good to know.

The TransAtlantic is not included with the 20% special. All available sailings are on the back of that paper. (We are booked on the EBTA in May, and so I read that paper VERY closely LOL! We were on the Magic Nov 3-10 and the 20% was being offered then, looks like same flyer.) We had Kathryn onboard that week working the desk. :thumbsup2

cruisecrasher 11-25-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyGirl

The TransAtlantic is not included with the 20% special. All available sailings are on the back of that paper. (We are booked on the EBTA in May, and so I read that paper VERY closely LOL! We were on the Magic Nov 3-10 and the 20% was being offered then, looks like same flyer.) We had Kathryn onboard that week working the desk. :thumbsup2

I only read it closely enough to notice it seemed to be most of the sailings and that my sailing was included (unlike the KSF offer).

MandyGirl 11-25-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisecrasher (Post 46785272)
I only read it closely enough to notice it seemed to be most of the sailings and that my sailing was included (unlike the KSF offer).

Yep - just answering your above post about not knowing if TA was included or not :) I knew that one and wanted to help clarify for other readers.

cruisecrasher 11-26-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyGirl

Yep - just answering your above post about not knowing if TA was included or not :) I knew that one and wanted to help clarify for other readers.

Thanks!

KMG1969 11-26-2012 10:12 AM

Does anyone know if the April 26 cruise is included? I am planning on booking but my travel agent did not know of a discount. Thanks.

mulderxcoltrane 11-29-2012 09:30 PM

combine with Kids Sail Free?

Does anyone have the dates that are available with this offer? Wondering if this could be combined with the Kids Sail Free offer? http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/dis...ruise.htm#kids

lbgraves 11-29-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulderxcoltrane (Post 46819582)
Does anyone have the dates that are available with this offer? Wondering if this could be combined with the Kids Sail Free offer? http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/dis...ruise.htm#kids

No, this offer is considered an onboard booking offer by DCL. The Kids free offer is a seperate DCL offer. You can only have one of those applied to a reservation.

cruisecrasher 11-30-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMG1969
Does anyone know if the April 26 cruise is included? I am planning on booking but my travel agent did not know of a discount. Thanks.

Yes. I'm the OP and that's the cruise we rebooked.

However, you must book onboard.

ukintheus 11-30-2012 08:38 AM

I wish they'd have been offering it when we were on the 10/13 sailing and I've have rebooked too...oh well...I may have to see if it's still being offered when we go in February, although by then the discount may not be worth it, but I'll keep an eye on it. ;)