The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Liz & Dick (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025373)

smkiya 11-25-2012 06:26 AM

Liz & Dick

Anyone watching tonight? I set my DVR last week when I saw the commercial. It looks like it will be good.

cornflake 11-25-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smkiya (Post 46781541)
Anyone watching tonight? I set my DVR last week when I saw the commercial. It looks like it will be good.

Heh, I was just discussing that with a friend last night who wants to watch. Looks to be kind of epically hilarious.

sunshinehighway 11-25-2012 08:36 AM

Its supposed to be terrible, at least that's what the reviews say. I will watch. I'm hoping its so bad its funny.

smkiya 11-25-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshinehighway
Its supposed to be terrible, at least that's what the reviews say. I will watch. I'm hoping its so bad its funny.

Yes, it will be interesting watchin Lindsay Lohan in this role. I saw a recent interview with her talking about it and she is still (for lack of a better word), a mess.

mhsjax 11-25-2012 10:38 AM

I will be watching. I don't listen to anything the critics say, usually if they love it . I hate it and if they hate it, I love it.

Jeafl 11-25-2012 10:50 AM

What struck me from the commercials is how old Lindsey Lohan looks, and not just because of the makeup they used to "age" her. She just doesn't look like a typical 24 year old or however old she is. She definitely looks "worn" for lack of a better word.

I am not a fan of Lindsey's, but I think Elizabeth Taylor had an interesting life so I will probably DVR it.

shortbun 11-25-2012 11:46 AM

I'm recording a 11:03pm showing. I didn't want to stop any of my other Sunday night shows but I've always been interested in Elizabeth Taylor. Lindsay Lohan, not so much.

EMom 11-25-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeafl (Post 46782613)
What struck me from the commercials is how old Lindsey Lohan looks, and not just because of the makeup they used to "age" her. She just doesn't look like a typical 24 year old or however old she is. She definitely looks "worn" for lack of a better word.

I am not a fan of Lindsey's, but I think Elizabeth Taylor had an interesting life so I will probably DVR it.

My mother used to say, "Rode hard and put up wet," which is a phrase used for a horse, but fits when a woman looks particularly ragged. :lmao:

MomofKatie 11-25-2012 01:14 PM

So far, everything I've read about Liz & Dick says it is bad. Laughably bad. Ridiculously bad. So-bad-it's-good-bad. I am going to DVR it!! :cool1:

Looks like if Lindsay Lohan thought this movie was going to be her comeback role, she was mistaken- girl is still a hot mess, bless her heart.

lizabu 11-25-2012 02:37 PM

I've got my PVR set too. Critics are saying it's really bad. Nothing like a good trainwreck.

belledujour85 11-25-2012 06:32 PM

I'll be watching but it will not be good and it will be a huge mess. I'm just curious to see it all play out. I've also been reading online reviews that are just slamming Lindsay and the film, the guy that's playing Richard Burton is getting off better than Lindsay but this is a Lifetime movie so...
As someone who is an Elizabeth Taylor fan I was just crushed to find they were going to film this with Lindsay as the title role.

Robbi 11-25-2012 07:34 PM

Liz and Dick does not interest me because I don't think I could get past Lindsay Lohan portraying Elizabeth Taylor.

phorsenuf 11-25-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbun (Post 46782937)
I'm recording a 11:03pm showing. I didn't want to stop any of my other Sunday night shows but I've always been interested in Elizabeth Taylor. Lindsay Lohan, not so much.

Thanks for that. Set it up for the later time too.

focusondisney 11-25-2012 08:36 PM

I only saw a commercial, but even that looked bad. Won't even waste DVR space on it!

luvmy3 11-25-2012 10:03 PM

Lets just say that if I had to choose between watching that and having my finger nails pulled out, I'd be saving alot on manicures.