The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Gift ideas for surprise dream cruise? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024732)

twinone 11-23-2012 08:47 AM

Gift ideas for surprise dream cruise?

For christmas were giving my DD, DS and there cousins a dream cruise in Jan, I wanted to do something cute to give them xmas morning to tell them, any ideas? I was trying to find some type of photo template that I could insert there faces but no luck online so far. Thanks!

wdwwishes 11-23-2012 11:11 AM

Maybe you could make a short video telling them the surprise. Wrap it up with a note attached that says play me or something.

SunshineCruiser 11-23-2012 11:55 AM

Have you been reading the recent thread about a man surprising his wife with a cruise for her birthday. People have been giving a few good suggestions on that thread. I liked the one about creating treasure hunt. I haven't heard of any templates though. :)

familyfundisneyway 11-25-2012 06:24 PM

We surprised our kids last year.I bought a small ship,a micky mouse shirt with a ship on it,and some other clue gifts.We made them guess.They were clueless and I was sooo excited I just had to blurt out WERE GOING ON A CRUISE!!!!!:cool1:

blu 11-25-2012 09:21 PM

We are going to surprise our kids with our January cruise also. I bought a SteamBoat Willie ornament and will hang it on the tree Christmas eve. The last present they unwrap will have a little poem like this.

Search for the ornament on the tree
And if you find it you will see
There is a trip planned for you
Try to figure out what you will do.

I am still working on it but thats the gist of it.

Kimbo71 11-25-2012 09:52 PM

We are doing the treasure hunt & we have a model of the Magic as the "treasure." We will be "opening" it Christmas Eve. I CAN'T wait!!!

ETA: We are going on our cruise in Feb.

twinone 11-29-2012 10:19 AM

Thanks for the ideas, still working on finding something with photos that is printable for the wall...if not maybe I'll go the treasure hunt route

Llges 11-29-2012 10:28 PM

We did a scavenger hunt 2 years ago to announce to the kids (mine and their cousins) that we were going to disney world (cousins first trip) it was great, my sister planned it, and I just knew that the older kids would figure it out with some of the clues, but no! They ended up in the den with a huge box waiting on them, when the ripped the wrapping off, a GIANT Mickey balloon floated out, the squeals were priceless!!

emma'smom 11-29-2012 10:50 PM

We did a cruise last year and for Christmas we gave my girls three small boxes:

(1) matchbox car
(2) a picture of a girl pointing at her rib
(3) dried kidney bean

They spent most of the day trying to figure it out.....finally I gave them box number four (a little lego boat)....they had fun guessing all day.

Get it?
Car-Rib-Bean