The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Captain Jack Sparrow riding on a safari truck at AK (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024669)

wehavesix 11-22-2012 11:55 PM

Captain Jack Sparrow riding on a safari truck at AK

This morning as my family and I waited to board KS, we saw Jack Sparrow riding in the very back seat of a safari truck. It was a single seat behind the last bench seat. I yelled "Captain Jack" and he turned to look and gave that little finger wave he does. No smile. Full make up and pirate gear. We all laughed and wondered what the heck that was all about. :scratchin

TheRustyScupper 11-23-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wehavesix (Post 46769285)
. . We all laughed and wondered what the heck that was all about.

Probably scouting locales for the next movie installment, "Pirates-9"

DisMN 11-23-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wehavesix (Post 46769285)
This morning as my family and I waited to board KS, we saw Jack Sparrow riding in the very back seat of a safari truck. It was a single seat behind the last bench seat. I yelled "Captain Jack" and he turned to look and gave that little finger wave he does. No smile. Full make up and pirate gear. We all laughed and wondered what the heck that was all about. :scratchin

Shhhhhh....it did not happen. You did not see what you think you saw!

:lmao:

jane2073 11-23-2012 08:32 AM

Probably filming a spot for Disney 3-6-9 (Disney Channel). They did the same type of thing with Phineas and Ferb.

mesaboy2 11-23-2012 09:52 AM

Could've simply been a guest in costume. We saw "him" on Star Tours over this past weekend.

larryz 11-23-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper (Post 46769344)
Probably scouting locales for the next movie installment, "Pirates-9"

Yeah -- "Pirates of the Serengetti." :lmao:

tony67 11-23-2012 10:45 AM

Yes assuming it is the same guy - he is Irish and from County Meath by the accent

Im a bit surprised the let him into the parks seems a little risky IMO especially since (by his own comments) he likes to drink - we ran into him on the monorail from epcot to mk during f&w

LockShockBarrel 11-23-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaboy2 (Post 46770444)
Could've simply been a guest in costume. We saw "him" on Star Tours over this past weekend.

Did the rules change that they're suddenly letting an adult in costume into a park?

mesaboy2 11-23-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel

Did the rules change that they're suddenly letting an adult in costume into a park?

The JS I saw on Star Tours politely declined any pictures, and explained he was only allowed in that way if he followed their rules.

stitchlovestink 11-23-2012 03:57 PM

I saw a guy dressed as Captain Jack at DTD on OCT 31 that was pretty much a drop dead ringer!!!! He was posing for pictures there. The CMs I inquired with (because he was SO GOOD) said he was a local. and at DTD there is no rule about pics since it is an open district and Disney doesn't ever have their own characters do meet and greets there. So they don't monitor people taking pics out in the open areas. This guy was pretty incredible!! I was impressed and I'd say I tend not to impress easily. I wonder if maybe it's the same one?

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android