The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Test Track (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024668)

Momamae 11-22-2012 10:51 PM

Test Track

I will be at Disney in 2 days. Do you think my kids are going to be able to ride the new Test Track? I heard they were going to do a soft opening, is this true? All the help will be much appreciated.

mesaboy2 11-22-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momamae
I will be at Disney in 2 days. Do you think my kids are going to be able to ride the new Test Track? I heard they were going to do a soft opening, is this true? All the help will be much appreciated.

Sounds like it might start soft opens next week. No real way to plan for it, just go by and check for yourself.

LaurieN 11-23-2012 04:17 AM

We were in Epcot last night; they were running the cars but I'm not sure if anyone was actually on the ride. We could hear them, I couldn't wander over because DH wasn't feeling well. We may go back to Epcot tonight, if so I will check thing out.

ayoung526 11-23-2012 06:30 AM

We were there yesterday and DH checked it out as we could heartbreak cars. No people were being let in. I had really hoped we would luck up and get a ride. Oh we'll! We did get to experience the new FLE and it was great.

DISHoppy 11-23-2012 06:49 AM

A friend who is there now said the cars having been running all week, lots of CMs in the area and music has been playing there as well. In another thread, someone posted that CM managers told them next week.

-Kevin

Momamae 11-23-2012 06:52 AM

Awesome, I hope you all are right, my kids want to ride so much, and so do I. Thank you.

subtchr 11-23-2012 09:58 AM

I am here in Epcot today, just talked to a CM at test track. They are running empty cars right now.

He said the only date they have for opening is Dec 6. When I asked about soft openings, he said the only date the operations CMs have is Dec 6. He said if the powers that be have another date in mind for soft openings, they have not shared that! I also noticed that the heavy wooden walls are still up. Although they are temporary, they are not something that could be just pushed away for a spur of the moment soft opening. Good luck to those coming in the next few weeks!

mesaboy2 11-23-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subtchr
I am here in Epcot today, just talked to a CM at test track. They are running empty cars right now.

He said the only date they have for opening is Dec 6. When I asked about soft openings, he said the only date the operations CMs have is Dec 6. He said if the powers that be have another date in mind for soft openings, they have not shared that! I also noticed that the heavy wooden walls are still up. Although they are temporary, they are not something that could be just pushed away for a spur of the moment soft opening. Good luck to those coming in the next few weeks!

Sounds like a CM just spouting the official company line. I still believe there'll be soft opens soon and before December 6, and I have little doubt any wall you see could be gone overnight.

subtchr 11-23-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaboy2

Sounds like a CM just spouting the official company line. I still believe there'll be soft opens soon and before December 6, and I have little doubt any wall you see could be gone overnight.

Oh I totally agree that he was spouting the company line, and I, too, think there will be soft openings soon. He was not saying there will not be soft openings, just that the crew has not been told when they will be. I'm just saying that UNTIL those walls are gone some morning, people shouldn't get their hopes up!

peterpansflight 11-23-2012 05:20 PM

We were told that FLE, Test Track, and Splitsville were all opening on Dec 6. No info on soft openings though.

bytheblood 11-23-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterpansflight (Post 46772769)
We were told that FLE, Test Track, and Splitsville were all opening on Dec 6. No info on soft openings though.

Fantasyland is already open. Most of what is happening on the 6th is for media events.

mesaboy2 11-23-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterpansflight

That is the official opening date for all, as well as for the Jack Sparrow thing at DHS.

cybrkitn 11-23-2012 06:23 PM

There is another thread that talks about TT as well. Here's the link:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3020601

andyman8 11-23-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterpansflight (Post 46772769)

This (about Splitsville) is new. I don't think that has been officially announced but I guarantee it will open on 12/6.

xipotec 11-23-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurieN
We were in Epcot last night; they were running the cars but I'm not sure if anyone was actually on the ride. We could hear them, I couldn't wander over because DH wasn't feeling well. We may go back to Epcot tonight, if so I will check thing out.

They were doing this the week of November 12th, so i don't think its a good indication of completion .

I posted a pic of them working on it on another thread.