The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PS - Scared there will be horrible crowds...... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024581)

iluvtig2 11-22-2012 02:57 PM

PS - Scared there will be horrible crowds......

Do you think they will reach maximum capacity on Christmas Eve? Does anyone know if it has happened in the recent years?

Thanks, again!

iluvtig

mesaboy2 11-22-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvtig2
Do you think they will reach maximum capacity on Christmas Eve? Does anyone know if it has happened in the recent years?

Thanks, again!

iluvtig

I don't believe it's closed to capacity on this date recently, but it will be horrible crowds either way.

tksbaskets 11-22-2012 03:48 PM

Are you a resort guest?

Arrive early! Enjoy early entry if you can. If not, in the afternoon plan on attractions that move a lot of people and enjoy the festive atmosphere.

Stinkerbell1973 11-22-2012 07:48 PM

We were there on Christmas Eve last year, at Magic Kingdom. It did not close. We had dinner ressies at 6pm for our Christmas dinner at LTT. I have never seen so many people in my life! Main St. was shoulder to shoulder people.
As OP said, you should get there early and go in with the understanding that you will not ride/see/accomplish every thing you want to.

All of that said, it was so freaking cool to be at Magic Kingdom on Christmas Eve!!! It was SOOOO festive and there was this electricity in the air that was amazing. We got the best family photos taken that evening as well, right outside the Crystal Palace with the castle lit up behind us. I would do it again this year if I could get the time off work, no questions asked!
Go for it. You only live once and there's NOTHING like Christmas at Disney!

DebbieB 11-22-2012 07:54 PM

I've heard Christmas Day is more likely.

Jimbeaux28 11-22-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvtig2

Thanks, again!

iluvtig

After experiencing Disney at Christmas in 2010, no more Disney at Christmas for me.

Record cold and just too crowded. September crowd levels have me too spoiled.

CTDisneyfan816 11-22-2012 09:22 PM

I will do everything to avoid trips when it is packed. When I go I allocate one day to a park and if I had to wait 45 plus minutes for any ride, it would be impossible.

honeydiane1953 11-22-2012 10:30 PM

If you are scared re large crowds in WDW. Well the time of yr and day you are going prepare to be TERRIFIED!!!

TwoCortWort 11-23-2012 07:17 AM

We have gone Christmas Eve the past 2 years and no it has not closed and compared to the following day, the crowds are not bad. Very crowded but manageable. Make sure you have ADR though. I would get fast passes and hit the popular attractions early on.

Disney Doll 11-23-2012 07:55 AM

I've never been during Christmas but many years ago we were there in January and hit a record corwd day (might have been MLK weekend).

I have to tell you that it was terrifying.

They actually opened the gate on some of thise side streets off Main Street USA to let the crowds disperse some in those directions as well.

We got to an area off to the side and just waited until things settled down.