The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Inflatables in resort pools??? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024524)

macadoo 11-22-2012 09:08 AM

Inflatables in resort pools???

Hiya, just wondering if Disney allow inflatables in their resort pools? Mainly Port Orleans Riverside where we are staying next year. I'm not thinking a large boat ;) just maybe a couple of rubber rings (suitable for a 12 and 15 year old, not the baby rings) like the ones they have in the lazy river and wave pool at the waterparks? Thinking mainly in the quiet pools to keep them amused. We stayed at All Stars last year and we didn't see any children with any inflatable, except the odd ball so thought i'd better check :banana:

islandtimect 11-22-2012 10:01 AM

We've used noodles and seen others use normal size tubes at the deluxe resorts, so I would think you can use them at POR.

GaSleepingBeautyFan 11-22-2012 10:16 AM

I've seen noodles at the POR pools but I've never seen rings in use except for very young babies.

I thought I'd read that rings couldn't be used because lifeguards couldn't see under them. I did a search and nothing pulled up about it.
But the quiet pools don't have lifeguards so it's probably not an issue there.

I'd get some diving sticks and a few little water balls to toss around in the quiet pool instead to keep the kids occupied. It's also a good way to make friends with other kids as long as others at the quiet pool don't mind.

macadoo 11-23-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan (Post 46766654)
I've seen noodles at the POR pools but I've never seen rings in use except for very young babies.

I thought I'd read that rings couldn't be used because lifeguards couldn't see under them. I did a search and nothing pulled up about it.
But the quiet pools don't have lifeguards so it's probably not an issue there.

I'd get some diving sticks and a few little water balls to toss around in the quiet pool instead to keep the kids occupied. It's also a good way to make friends with other kids as long as others at the quiet pool don't mind.

Thank you :) will take a few pool balls with us. Like you say though, as long as other people in the quiet pool don't mind :thumbsup2.

RMulieri 11-23-2012 07:06 AM

No large floats allowed.Lifeguards need to see the pool bottom at all times and they obstruct view.Even at BC resort where they have the small lazy river in the pool, they only allow the CLEAR floats they rent out.Pools allow noodles, Small baby/infant floats.Small toys ( beachballs etc) depend on how busy the pool is and the lifeguards on.

macadoo 11-23-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMulieri (Post 46769983)
No large floats allowed.Lifeguards need to see the pool bottom at all times and they obstruct view.Even at BC resort where they have the small lazy river in the pool, they only allow the CLEAR floats they rent out.Pools allow noodles, Small baby/infant floats.Small toys ( beachballs etc) depend on how busy the pool is and the lifeguards on.

I can totally understand that. No problem, they will be more than happy playing with a beach ball :cool1:

Sue M 11-23-2012 06:58 PM

I use noodles. Then just leave them for another family our last day.